Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuseeek
Stranger

Shrooms or LSD?
    #8889832 - 09/07/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys.

I wanna try a hallucinogen. This will be my first time by the way. But I want to know what will be good for me to experience my first time. I just wanted to know the effect difference between Shrooms and LSD, and which one will be better for me for my first time.

I have done experimenting with Marijuana, Ecstasy, and Ice (Meth). But from what I have read, Shrooms and LSD is a totally different experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: Museeek]
    #8889854 - 09/07/08 07:08 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

From personal experience, a couple grams of shrooms is a good entry in the psychedelic experience.  You will get suggestions both ways though.

Shrooms can be quite a mindfuck, but sitting through an 8-12 hour acid trip your first time might be a bit much. :shrug:

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #8890345 - 09/07/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

First timer, Either one will prob blow your mind.

I would say the main concern is availablity.

Acid seems to me to be, a lot more visual, while at the same time, easier to handle.

Shrooms, for me, have a tendancy to compell me to deal with issues, so while it can be a fun time, it can sometimes be a bit more work.

I would go with the acid simply becuz of the ethos around it, classic western civilization pyschedelic that was a sacrement of a whole generation. :smile:

OfflineTheAxis
Run like a cantalope
Male

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: Shad0w]
    #8890346 - 09/07/08 10:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

id suggest acid for a first timer, lots of fun, but still very deep and enlightening, also very easy to handle

--------------------
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority
                                    Jim Morrison

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: TheAxis]
    #8890361 - 09/07/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LSD is much better for a first timer. Sure, it lasts longer, but it is a LOT more gentle and forgiving than mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleanarKhan
fire-dancing guerilla
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8890420 - 09/07/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

shrooms if you're spiritual, LSD if you're high-seeking

--------------------
NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: anarKhan] * 1
    #8890429 - 09/07/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anarKhan said:
shrooms if you're spiritual, LSD if you're high-seeking

That's really very incorrect. Just because LSD isn't as forceful as mushrooms doesn't mean its any less "spiritual". Hell, using another kind of twisted logic, one could make the argument that if you don't find LSD spiritual but do for shrooms, you're just lazy and don't want to put any effort into your trip. See? Twisted logic is fun. :rofl:

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8890483 - 09/07/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:shrug:

You just stated that LSD is much gentler and easier to handle. Same kind of statement, really.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: wildchild68]
    #8890538 - 09/07/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^No, not really. Just because it is less forceful doesn't mean its less of anything else. LSD is much more intricate and complex than mushrooms, facilitating complex thought patterns and associative thinking IME. IMO, LSD can be deeper than mushrooms in certain ways. Each is equally useful IMO.

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8890571 - 09/07/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well, yeah, but that can really be applied to his statement too. I personally don't find LSD to be anywhere near as spiritual as mushrooms. Doesn't mean I think less of it for this. It's extremely useful for other things.

I also personally find mushrooms to be the gentler of the two. However, I realize a lot of people don't really agree with that.

But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: Museeek]
    #8890899 - 09/07/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Museeek said:
I just wanted to know the effect difference between Shrooms and LSD, and which one will be better for me for my first time.

Many people here will likely object to my response by pointing out that my perception of these drugs is outside the usual range of experience.  I suggest that my perception of these drugs and experiences with them is difference partly because I have different expectations.

I see very little difference between LSD and shrooms.  I honestly think that a lot of the little subtleties that people try to point out about these drugs are not necessarily the result of the drug per se, but due to the users expectations.

The main differences I see between LSD and shrooms:
LSD lasts about 10 - 12 hours, shrooms about 5 - 7.
LSD tends to have more stimulant action.

There are other subtle differences, but I find these two drugs almost identical.  Personally, when I read people saying things like "LSD is more analytical and shrooms is more flowing and natural" my eyes roll and I want to call bullshit.  Your experiences with these drugs will be affected by your expectations.  Hence, if you read most of the responses here, you might come to expect inherent differences between these drugs which aren't really due to the drugs.

Many, many people here would insist that they can perceive all sorts of minute differences between these drugs.  I think this is all quite unfounded and, at the risk of offending everyone, urge you to discount many of the characterizations that are offered (including my own).

What I really hope to point out is that people's response to these drugs is variable.  I think that a lot of the comparisons between these drugs that I've read are complete bullshit (that is, they're more the result of the user than of the drug itself).

One of the last time I took psilocin, about two weeks ago, was the first trip on it I'd had in almost 7 years.  I remember thinking about how I had told many people that I was almost sure that if I were dosed with either LSD or psilocin while sleeping and awoken during the peak, that I would be unable to tell which drug I were on within an hour or two (though after coming down the duration would make it obvious).  Yet, on this trip I remember thinking that now I was sure that I could see the difference between the two drugs and that there were obvious differences between them.  I thought about it a lot, but the more I thought about it (while peaking), the less sure I became.  I then came to decide that though I still think that it'd be unlikely for me (or most people) to be able to discriminate between the two (as described - during the acute part of the peak), that it might be possible.

I hardly see a difference between the two.  I'd recommend psilocin simply because it does not last as long and hence is less likely to be overwhelming (just in case).

I also will point out that I have had a lot of people respond to my assertion that I don't believe that psilocin and LSD could reliably be discriminated during the peak with some blatantly ignorant statements: people (who have never met me and don't know shit about me) have insisted that I've never taken LSD or psilocin; some have insisted that I must be an absolute idiot if I fail to perceive these supposed subtleties; I've been accused of flat out lying.

If you really think you can tell the difference, fine, you're allowed to say so.  I still find it "interesting" that after ten years of making this same point, I have not found one person willing to even attempt a blind drug discrimination test (some refusing to do so and insisting that it would be a waste of time because they "already know" what the result would be).  I'll continue to be skeptical of all those lists of characteristics which people claim to have noticed about the drugs.  All I ask is that you at least listen to me though and not flat out accuse me of lying just to offend someone's ideals.  That's really what this is though: it's a matter of ideology.  Psychedelic idealism doesn't seem to be able to improve itself with criticism.  It is just mysticism - a structure built up which refuses to defend itself on any rational basis and claims exemption from requiring rational thought, due to the "divine truths" revealed by these drugs.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: Plasmid]
    #8890921 - 09/07/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You call bullshit on me, I'll call bullshit on you. I came to my conclusions about the two largely before I had heard much about the differences between the two.

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8890927 - 09/07/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Personal experience doesn't need to be "founded".

--------------------

Offlineartifact
Male

#8890932 - 09/07/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lsd is easier to control, mushrooms is fun but you need to get ahold of potent ones. id say try acid first then try out some shrooms if you took the lsd well

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#8890980 - 09/07/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I'll call bullshit on you. 

And this is exactly no different than me wanting to call bullshit on you (unless I'm unclear on what you think I'm bullshitting about).  We both have characterizations of LSD and psilocin.  We both characterize the drugs differently.  Our characterizations disagree with each other.

Do you think you can claim that your characterizations of these drugs are the right ones and mine are wrong?  On what basis?

I don't really think it matters if you came to your conclusions before reading about the drugs.  It's not like you're a blank slate and can enter into an LSD or psilocin experience with absolutely no preconceived notions of what you may or may not experience.

Either way, I'd still like someone to give me a satisfactory explanation of how they can tell that the differences they see are due to the drug.

Further, I really just don't see how you can reconcile the fact that different people do characterize these drugs in different ways:  I say that A and B are very alike and notice few differences.  You say that they are similar, but you notice some set of differences.  How can you continue to claim that the differences you notice are indeed inherent to the properties of the drug if not everyone sees these differences? 

Once again, just to be clear, I'm not making this up just for fun.  I hope I'm clear on what you're calling "bullshit" on.  Are you trying to say that you don't believe that I could not tell the difference between the drugs in a blind test during the peak?  Or are you simply accusing me of lying?  I just don't see the differences that people talk about, therefor I HAVE to ask, "If the differences you claim to notice are inherent to the drug, they why don't I perceive them?"

And really, I am just on one extreme of the spectrum.  A lot of people do disagree on aspects of these drugs and their inherent natures.  Why are the properties that you perceive the true, inherent properties?  What makes you special enough to see the truth about LSD and psilocin? 

Some people I've asked to reconcile the disagreement just tell me that it's because they're so smart that they can tell the difference by "experiance."  I'd just, for once, like a well thought out, straightforward answer, instead of vehement insistence.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8890994 - 09/07/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^No, I just meant that if you want to deny my experience, I'll deny yours. As for how I know the differences are from the drug? LSD and psilocin have fairly different pharmacologies, beyond their 5-HT agonism. LSD has a pretty wide binding profile, including dopamine. And as for reconciling differences between characterizations, different people can have VERY individual reactions to different drugs (psychoactive and not). Drugs have an effects profile that holds true for the majority of people, but not everybody. I'm not calling bullshit on your experience unless you want to call bullshit on mine.

--------------------

Offlinecycoshitzo
Me
Male
    #8891101 - 09/07/08 02:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LSD took the words from my mind as I thought them: everyone reacts differently to things and sees differently in situations.

For me personally LSD has more clear visuals, with mushrooms I seem to get a "static" that doesn't allow me to see visuals clearly until I take more than an 8th unless it's good.

The first time I took LSD I never felt the high from it, but I got visuals. I didn't know the slightest thing to expect from LSD at the time and took a fairly low dose. Some people can call bullshit on my not feeling high or altered and having visuals, but every person has individual actions to chemicals and LSD apparantly likes to give me visuals long before it gives me the high. I have felt it since, on higher doses.

I would suggest LSD from my personal experience for your first time, but as stated earlier in the thread it's up to availability and you.

--------------------
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Your world is how you perceive it.

Edited by cycoshitzo (09/07/08 02:07 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: cycoshitzo]
    #8891159 - 09/07/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I agree largely with plasmid.
I can see how people regard shrooms as more spiritual
they have a long shamanic history.
for me they are both excellent
desireable and satisfactory.

my preference for lsd is primarily storage and portability.

whatever is easiest to get will be fine for your exploration.

observe the effects and if you can use a pen, record them as little gifts for yourself. little puzzles to marvel at. you are your own magic.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
    #8891319 - 09/07/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i'm going To back LSDreamer on this one, although both Plasmid and LSDreamer both have very good thoughts and explanations on each. neither can argue the other down, and i like both users, but i agree with the following statement made by LSDreamer.

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
LSD is much better for a first timer. Sure, it lasts longer, but it is a LOT more gentle and forgiving than mushrooms.

but on the other hand they are very similar indeed, and the statement by plasmid about the main difference is time, yes. but i also find it a lot easier to have a bad trip on shrooms. could that be a mental thing? mabey, but a lot of people share the same idea about shrooms. That there tells me there is more to the differences than simply the time factor. this whole thing can never be proven and is simply opinion based.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

InvisiblePsilocybinMind
Herb Nerd

Re: Shrooms or LSD? [Re: maysrome]
    #8891347 - 09/07/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I love both but I would have to say LSD is a lot gentler to me than Psilocybin.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order