Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :(
    #8765451 - 08/12/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't buy it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8765466 - 08/12/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What exactly do you have a hard time believing?

InvisibleJack yo Self foo
The Artful Dodger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where the red fern grows....
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8765483 - 08/12/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

believe it...

drugs interact with neurotransmitters in your head...smoke or the chemiocal reaction of a powder reacting to fluid in your body send signals to those transmtiters that speed up or slow down(sometimes even blocking) said neurotransmitters...

overuse overtime can lead to those neurotransmitters from transmitting anythign at all anymore...leaving that part of the brain(those neurotransmitters from functioning)

those brain scans were showing areas of the brain that no longer function as they once had...if they did at all..LOL...

it makes sense...thats why you build up a tolerance towards certain drugs and you need more because the neuroT's are getting a bit overworked and die off...

have fun...

--------------------
You learn something new everyday, so be sure you learn something from it.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Cameron]
    #8765495 - 08/12/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What the fuck is your avatar from I've seen it...

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#8765508 - 08/12/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I don't buy it

:lol:  C'mon dude, everybody here should know there are real dangers to drug usage. 

If you do to many drugs, you will get brain damage.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: MHbound]
    #8765511 - 08/12/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, some other forum. I'd be interested in seeing the original myself. :cool:

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Cameron]
    #8765561 - 08/12/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What I have a hard time believing is that U.S government as is lost it's credibility long time ago. All this information is behind government officials. I do see methamphetamine, Heroin, Crack/Cocaine as a bad though or can be dangerous. I don't buy into what there saying because it's behind the government...very ignorant I know but I can't believe it. If some other source other then a government controlled rehab center tells me I may change thoughts but ...

It could be true from what they're saying but I just can't believe it ... if you believe/see what they're throwing in your face you'll believe it.

I may just be rambling nonsense...to be honest I'm a tard and I admit it. ..... at least I'm not lying.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

#8765594 - 08/12/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It may be government funded, but the effects of long-term drug abuse are clearly evident anyways. I don't need a Doctor to tell me that the crack-head prostitute downtown spouting unintelligible gibberish is suffering from decreased brain function.
Remember, these studies are covering heavy addicts who have been abusing these drugs for upwards of ten years. That's a heavy load, and it does take its toll. Drug abuse is bad for you and it shows.

OfflineSpinyPine44
Artist
Male User Gallery

#8765599 - 08/12/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

whatever I would rather enjoy life and not worry about the consequences, if you worry about things like this your just fucking yourself.  I say do what you like and like what you do.

InvisibleDieCommie

#8765611 - 08/12/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Dont confuse government funded researchers with government politicians.  Many researchers take pay cuts and deliberately stay out of the corporate world to keep their research 'pure' and credible.

OfflinePsilocybinLuvin
PsilocybinLuvin
Female User Gallery

Loc: marijuanaville
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: SpinyPine44]
    #8765620 - 08/12/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SpinyPine44 said:
whatever I would rather enjoy life and not worry about the consequences, if you worry about things like this your just fucking yourself.  I say do what you like and like what you do.

true that .

--------------------
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.:vaped:

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: SpinyPine44]
    #8765627 - 08/12/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SpinyPine44 said:
whatever I would rather enjoy life and not worry about the consequences, if you worry about things like this your just fucking yourself. 

Or, enjoy life with less drugs and reduce the risk of pain and death?  Take the middle road.

Ignorance is not bliss.

OfflineAtticusProphet
just a tool
Male

Loc: within you and without yo...
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: PsilocybinLuvin]
    #8765631 - 08/12/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Many researchers take pay cuts and deliberately stay out of the corporate world to keep their research 'pure' and credible.

but many dont...

wasn't that the whole thing with mdma putting holes in your brain?

--------------------
There's just one small problem...

...and it's a big one!

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: AtticusProphet]
    #8765640 - 08/12/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know about that case specifically... But most research published in journals is not from corporate scientists with possible conflicts of interest.

(by 'many' I meant over half :grin:)

OfflineAtticusProphet
just a tool
Male

Loc: within you and without yo...
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: AtticusProphet]
    #8765646 - 08/12/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

its pretty interesting that percentages of drug use is sooo much higher in people with adhd

--------------------
There's just one small problem...

...and it's a big one!

InvisibleDieCommie

#8765663 - 08/12/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It is a cause or effect?  Maybe a mixture of both, eh?

OfflinePsilocybinLuvin
PsilocybinLuvin
Female User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: DieCommie]
    #8765681 - 08/12/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

adderall is a helluva drug.

--------------------
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.:vaped:

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: PsilocybinLuvin]
    #8765689 - 08/12/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I wish I could get some... alter my brain chemistry before a test :grin:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8766120 - 08/13/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

altering you brain chemistry?

what does that mean exactly?

yes, i think drug ABUSE definitely makes you different person...

but then again i use cannabis, and psychedelic drugs.

i also drink. hell, i am drunk right now. some people easily become addicts on things. i drink, well, kind of a lot, and right now i am feeling really euphoric from the ethanol...

but i function different than neurotypicals.

psychedelics in general are the least addicting substances on earth.

cannabis is not addicting, not in the least, it is habit forming because if feels good.

but the government treats it like other substances, it just isnt the same.

cocaine is schedule 2, they can prescribe it. many drugs for medical use are based after cocaine. is it a bad drug of recreational abuse? yes, i chose not to try it even when offered.

ibogaine? yes, i love that shit!

psychedelics, i love em, but they are not only not addicting, they are kinda hard to do all the time.

why is fentynal schedule 2 and diacetylmorphine 1?

its dumb, nothing is so without "medical benefit" that it should be schedule 1.

people will abuse anything. pot? well.... its... extremely benigng, doesnt CHANGE anything in your brain.

its very not addicting, its just habit forming. other things are ADDICTING, and even then people will become addicted right off the bat, or do heroin occasionaly and never become addicted. it doesnt mean heroin has no medical value. hell, it was INVENTED for that reason

people abuse prescription drugs ALL THE TIME.

brain chemistry? what is that? i have done a lot of psychedelic drugs but they only let me understand.

maybe doing a lot of bootleg crank will turn you into a theif who supports his habit by stealing. i know first hand that there are people who do that.

marijuana just makes you say "gee, i love pot" and you wonder why not just buy such a benign substance at the store? or grow it? we all know tobacoo causes a high, but its legal.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8766130 - 08/13/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

rant much :lol:

Quote:

i use cannabis, and psychedelic drugs.

i also drink. hell, i am drunk right now.

Keep it on man.  :thumbup:

I been hitting the tequila tonight.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: DieCommie]
    #8766164 - 08/13/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love to rant.

ethanol (booze) is a mixed bag.

sometimes i get fucked up REAL fast, other times i try, and i cant get "good drunk" for the life of me

tonight i got drunk fast and feel good. sometimes it makes me feel shitty.

i think that i would rather smoke weed than get drunk, definetely.

shouldnt i have a choice? i think we as a people have decided that marijuana is not CRACK.

it is a impossible to stop marijuana, and frankly its the most abused because it is benign.

--------------------

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8766218 - 08/13/08 01:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Dude typing this post changes brain chemistry. What a stupidly vague way to put it. Of course drugs change brain chemistry, that's why they work.

Edited by Gumby (08/13/08 01:08 AM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Gumby]
    #8766459 - 08/13/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

may as well add every other human behavior to changes in neurochemistry. cigarettes, alcohol, jerking off, typing incessantly on the shroomery, everything changes brain chemistry....

its behaviors.

oh yah gumby what you said...some things change chemistry a little quicker because they force neurons to act in a way that they normally would not, which can either enhance or impair neuronal function, usually the latter I would assume :shrug:

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: ManianFH]
    #8766580 - 08/13/08 05:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The keyword(s) of the day would be "clinically significant brain changes".  It owuld be interesting to determine the behavioral consequences of these changes.

And to add to what others have touched on:  the government does fund quite a bit of research, but they don't control the publication of results.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
    #8766732 - 08/13/08 07:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AtticusProphet said:
its pretty interesting that percentages of drug use is sooo much higher in people with adhd

yeah when my cousin and i were diagnosed they asked us if we abused other drugs already to cope with the symptoms.  we both said no, and idk about him, but i was lying.  i had just started abusing painkillers a few months before i saw the doc about adhd.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8767103 - 08/13/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Dude typing this post changes brain chemistry. What a stupidly vague way to put it. Of course drugs change brain chemistry, that's why they work.

yeah, i know :rolleyes:

its kind of like when they say there are 600 chemicals in pot.

theres 1500 in coffee, and 30 in rat poison. big whoop "chemicals"

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8768304 - 08/13/08 01:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Marijuana is also worse than Crack, Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, and PCP COMBINED.

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Shroomism]
    #8768371 - 08/13/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

oh i totally know, its the worst scourge on mankind as far as drugs go.

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflinePsilocybinLuvin
PsilocybinLuvin
Female User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Shroomism]
    #8769172 - 08/13/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Marijuana is also worse than Crack, Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, and PCP COMBINED.

WHAT!
:chong:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8769207 - 08/13/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The newspaper said so, so it must be true.

--------------------

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
    #8769286 - 08/13/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i dont know if what theyre saying is true but i was both physically and mentally addicted to heroin (I.V) and many other hard drugs for about 6 yrs. and i know for a fact that it changed something in me....In fact,i used to argue with the doctors that ran the many detox programs that i was in about this...They tried to tell me that after about 7 days of detox i would no longer be in withdrawl and i was no longer physically addicted to the drug,but i knew this was not true because it always took me 3-4 weeks to feel physically "normal" again...it changed everything,what i ate,my sex drive,my self esteem etc...in fact i am still very intolerant to the cold and having the flue because it reminds me so much of being "dope sick".I still have flashbacks of being dope sick and i havent used any opiates for 2 years now...i dont know if all of what theyre saying in that video is true or what drugs cause this,all i know is what happened to me..

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #8769440 - 08/13/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

200proofhonky said:
i dont know if what theyre saying is true but i was both physically and mentally addicted to heroin (I.V) and many other hard drugs for about 6 yrs. and i know for a fact that it changed something in me....In fact,i used to argue with the doctors that ran the many detox programs that i was in about this...They tried to tell me that after about 7 days of detox i would no longer be in withdrawl and i was no longer physically addicted to the drug,but i knew this was not true because it always took me 3-4 weeks to feel physically "normal" again...it changed everything,what i ate,my sex drive,my self esteem etc...in fact i am still very intolerant to the cold and having the flue because it reminds me so much of being "dope sick".I still have flashbacks of being dope sick and i havent used any opiates for 2 years now...i dont know if all of what theyre saying in that video is true or what drugs cause this,all i know is what happened to me..

:calledajoke:

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #8769582 - 08/13/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Eating a banana changes brain chemistry :confused:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Ego Death]
    #8769691 - 08/13/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

havent you ever smoked bananadine :eek:

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8769740 - 08/13/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OfflinePsilocybinLuvin
PsilocybinLuvin
Female User Gallery

#8770047 - 08/13/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
Quote:

200proofhonky said:

:eatingout:

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8770173 - 08/13/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hey pretty lady

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

#8773091 - 08/14/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
Quote:

200proofhonky said:

no,its not a joke,cause there are people that believe that it doesnt change brain chemistry...to name one,the doctor that i referred to.If there are doctors that believe this,than there are also others that do also....

I hope thats what you meant by "its called a joke"...if not then i have no idea,please correct me if im not getting your point.

--------------------
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

#11184755 - 10/05/09 02:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Um good idea but bad argument. just about everything changes body DNA and chemistry.
Produce all produce except organic produce has been genetically modified and eating it modifies your body. Vaccinations (the worst) really changes the DNA. Sugars, Peanuts, hydrogenated oils, color dyes, most all pharmaceuticals, tap water, sprays for the house and cleaning products, fast food, air ect ect the list is never ending. Meth is made from extremely poisonous chemicals, Pot, coke (still bad long term use effects) and shrooms at least be a natural and god given matter, not to be compared to the poison chem man made drug called METH. Even thoe its not a good idea to use pot, shrooms, coak, or heroin the effects on the earth and the environment are none (unless its a person on it doing harm). Meth on the other hand has serious effects on the earth , environment and people who choose not to use in the way Meth is deposed. you cant treat or dispose it safely or cleanly. Instead in goes down the drain to water passages leading to the ocean, soil and agriculture water use. Who want to eat food sprayed with Meth waste? Or drink tap water with trace amounts of meth waste in it? Hell they have to knock down a house after a cook has been there.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: CapHat]
    #11184859 - 10/05/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Metal degenerates ... I mean Meth users contribute to the contaminating of the Earths soil and water resources. I know it's a free world but cooking meth effects me directly. I know
"it makes you feel so good" and its your right to put what ever into your body but to use meth you have to cook it and you cant cook it with out having to dispose waste and that waste effects millions. I know for all you meth users out there have no brain left so it hard to think and be creative. No matter how anyone may reply to this, its true. Iv lived in 4 different countries in the past 32 years and ive never met a logical or successful meth user or a moderate user and I should know I have performed brain scans and MRI's on people before and after meth use. The studies and evidence of the effects on the human body from meth use in off the charts. Ive seen patients who have picked of there face with tweezer and other tools because they thought they had bugs on there face. The blisters that form on the skin cuz that stuff comes out of the pores. I have a client that has to speed 50$ daily just to get out of bed. Go to a house of meth users and see the environment they live in and there kids. Meth makes you feel
un happy with out it, food doesnt taste good, the effects on the brain after 6months use will leave you feeling like an emtpy zombi with out it. Meth fogs and destroys  the mind permanently and I feel sad reading the arguments trying to support meth use cuz I know people dont want to feel stupid cuz they use meth (when they are) and they try to hide it or give a stupid illogical reason why extremely poison chemicals with "moderate"
use is safe and ok for the body, mind and spirit. As a Scientist I recommend no meth use but as a man I say to all you meth users.. HURRY UP AND DIE ALREADY.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: CapHat]
    #11184893 - 10/05/09 03:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Of all the drugs listed here, meth is the only one with out a beneficial property.
All the other drugs have some healing, renewable, religious or positive property that can be useful. The only use for meth is to kill. It was invented for solders to make them better killers. All the properties in meth are man made chemicals that kill and have serious side effects on the mind body and spirit after the first use. Other drugs can have serious side effects but at least were dealing with something Natural and not artificial here. I have a patient who used to make Meth out of RADE hornet spray but it made him "feel like he could do any thing until he had no more then he could not even get out of bed.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #11184959 - 10/05/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't really buy this brain killing shit. Besides, as long as i have a 1/10th of it i hear im as normal as the next guy lol.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinesjacobn
not so strange

Loc: New York
    #11184981 - 10/05/09 03:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I use speed everyday, my brain chemistry must be fucked... :yesnod:

Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
    #11185118 - 10/05/09 05:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

SpinyPine44 said:
whatever I would rather enjoy life and not worry about the consequences, if you worry about things like this your just fucking yourself. 

Or, enjoy life with less drugs and reduce the risk of pain and death?  Take the middle road.

Ignorance is not bliss.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #11185302 - 10/05/09 07:00 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Everything changes brain chemistry, even listening to some music or taking a poop.

Is that not obvious?

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #11185698 - 10/05/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#11187467 - 10/05/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CapHat said:
Um good idea but bad argument. just about everything changes body DNA and chemistry.
Produce all produce except organic produce has been genetically modified and eating it modifies your body. Vaccinations (the worst) really changes the DNA. Sugars, Peanuts, hydrogenated oils, color dyes, most all pharmaceuticals, tap water, sprays for the house and cleaning products, fast food, air ect ect the list is never ending. Meth is made from extremely poisonous chemicals, Pot, coke (still bad long term use effects) and shrooms at least be a natural and god given matter, not to be compared to the poison chem man made drug called METH. Even thoe its not a good idea to use pot, shrooms, coak, or heroin the effects on the earth and the environment are none (unless its a person on it doing harm). Meth on the other hand has serious effects on the earth , environment and people who choose not to use in the way Meth is deposed. you cant treat or dispose it safely or cleanly. Instead in goes down the drain to water passages leading to the ocean, soil and agriculture water use. Who want to eat food sprayed with Meth waste? Or drink tap water with trace amounts of meth waste in it? Hell they have to knock down a house after a cook has been there.

Lets get a round of applause for the guy that replied to a 1 year old thread!

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

You know that warning that we put at the top of the reply window that says:
WARNING!
The last post in this topic is more than 30 days old! (exactly 417 days)
Please only post a reply if it is truly relevant!!

Yeeeeah, that's there just for fun.

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #11187597 - 10/05/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Dude what? Marijuana definitely changes brain chemistry. Why do you think you gain a tolerance?

It's the claim that it impairs brain function in the long-term that you should be skeptical of.

--------------------

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
    #11187973 - 10/05/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So does sex and chocolate. What's your point?

Oh, you're clapping for the resurrection. Well, I'M clapping for the sex and drugs. Maybe dark chocolate on occasion.

:minigun:

Whoops, wrong clap.

~Monk

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: numonkei]
    #11187980 - 10/05/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

numonkei said:
So does sex and chocolate. What's your point?

~Monk

My point is that it changes brain chemistry.

--------------------

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #11188003 - 10/05/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So does food.

What's your point? It's bad?

Are you talking about changes detectable by scan? Autopsy? Theoretical? Negative, usually attributed to addiction, or positive, more access to short-term endorphins?

~Monk

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: numonkei]
    #11188017 - 10/05/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That's it, that was my point.

:shrug:

--------------------

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #11210065 - 10/08/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This thread sucked a year ago when i replied to it.

ohh shit! i did it again!

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11210128 - 10/08/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:facepalm:

Brain chemistry always changes.........

You think that using cocaine won't affect your dopamine receptors? Ahh, dude LEARN SOME BASIC NEUROSCIENCE, specifically neuroplasticity.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Cocaine,Marijuana,Crack, Meth,Heroin Changes Brain Chemistry :( [Re: Neuron]
    #11210211 - 10/08/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If I bought some drugs that didnt change my brain chemistry - Id want a refund!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies