Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIncompl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Carolina
How can I make 'special cookies' not taste like cannabutter?
    #8750119 - 08/09/08 07:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I baked a bunch of extra special sugar cookies with weed in them.  This is the method I used: 

I put 8 cups of water into a pot and brought it to a boil.  I put 4 sticks of un-salted butter into the boiling water and lowered the temperature, and once all the butter was melted, I put in half an ounce of weed, stems, seeds, everything.  It was mid-grade.  (I used a food processor to grind it up, lol)  Anyways, I cooked that for about an hour on a medium heat, stirring every 5 to 6 minutes and then I strained the mixture to get out the matter and I put it into a large bowl and put it into the fridge.  Then, after 3 and a half hours, I took the cannabutter that separated from the water and put it into the cookie mix and baked the cookies.  I didnt butter the cookie sheet with the cannabutter, the recipe called for butter so I used cannabutter for it..  Was this correct?  Anywho,  After I baked the cookies I tried them.. They taste like sugar cookies with cannabutter in them.. EW!  I cant stand the smell or taste of cannabutter after I made it.. I tried mixing the cookies in with ice cream, eating them fast, but I cant stand the taste..  Anyways, after about 3 cookies youre going to be really blazed..

My main question to you was is there a way I can eat the cookies without tasting them, like covering it with peanut butter etc??  Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwboss
Sceptic
Male User Gallery

Loc: 321 Flag
Re: How can I make 'special cookies' not taste like cannabutter? [Re: Incompl]
    #8750234 - 08/09/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

peanut butter works for mushrooms. The only question next would be...Got Milk? Next time separate the seeds and stems, as they overpower most of the flavor. I usually just use strictly 100% butter and no water simmering for about 6-8 hours then strain, the flavor of the pot disappears. Makes terrific cookies.

OfflineIncompl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Carolina
Re: How can I make 'special cookies' not taste like cannabutter? [Re: twboss]
    #8750276 - 08/09/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

God, the flavor is horrible.  So bad that the high isn't worth eating them.... I mean, It tastes like the smell of weed, not delicious IMO.

OfflineBend the Bong
replace concrete with trees

#8750428 - 08/09/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

some people like the taste others don't...I agree eating food where butter was not made, just eating the grass makes me want to barf...I personally like the taste of the butter but only when bud is used to make butter...when we use trim, you can rid the 'green' taste almost completely by washing the trim in cold water in a colander for 10-15 minutes before making the butter...look up the 'water cure' on a cannabis forum or shroomery...that's a good way to rid your material of the green taste before you work.....

we had this one batch of cookies you couldn't even taste, we had a few friends that couldn't even taste it

--------------------
Behind Closed Eyelids

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8750500 - 08/09/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Incompl said:
God, the flavor is horrible.  So bad that the high isn't worth eating them.... I mean, It tastes like the smell of weed, not delicious IMO.

hey that sounds like it would taste good to me, but good tasting cookies is all about the quality of the butter!

next time dont add butter to water?

cook your pot in the water, just under boiling, until all the green color leeches out, and the pot looks brown.

strain through a tshirt and give it a good SQUEEZE to get all the water out.

set the water aside for a second and

melt some butter in a teflon coated pan or pot, and break up and stir in your now-brown pot. heat this but dont boil it, and keep stirring and breaking up your pot into it.

after about 10-20 minutes your pot will be fully saturated and its time for the final part

heres where good butter gets tricky!

what you going to strain hot butter with? your not gonna strain it through a tshirt unless you wear some SERIOUSLY heat-resistant rubber gloves. a metal sieve works alright depending on how fine the mesh is.
the point is, make sure no plant matter makes it into your final butter.

put the strained butter in a bowl and put it in the fridge to solidify, the air flow in the fridge makes :awesome: designs on butter.

feel free to add some butter to the hot dark-red/brown water that you have leftover, and heat it up just under boiling and stir and mix like crazy.
you might be able to pull something from it, though i doubt its gonna taste good!
you can also use the partially butter-saturated pot that you have leftover for cooking other things, it wont taste much at all but it probably wont be very strong either.
but dont waste it!

your butter should come out looking much like butter if u boil the colors out, the darker the shade of green the butter is, the worse the quality.
and the purest butter i ever made was with 3 ounces of bud that went moldy while curing, baked it into 2 batches of edibles, the butter was a little more dark gold than butter usually is, kinda like the color of kief :tongue:
1/2 of a cookie would fuckin pwn you, and the best part is they were peanut butter cookies and thats ALL they tasted like.

we actually had someone eat one and wasnt able to tell the difference between them and a regular peanut butter cookie.

Offlinezlessley
Stranger
    #9406261 - 12/10/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, I found that the water is VERY useful for getting rid of all of the nasty crap... still tastes bad though.. it's just how cannabutter is, I put it in brownies.. more flavor.. sugar cookies are REALLY lacking in any sort of flavor. I'd say next time, make peanut butter and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies... with more vanilla than you think you need. Good luck

OfflineWingnutt
Stranger

Re: How can I make 'special cookies' not taste like cannabutter? [Re: zlessley]
    #9414808 - 12/11/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Load up the cookies with a bunch of goodies and they will taste great.  Last time I made a batch we used the Tollhouse recipe and added extra chocolate chips, mini m'ms, and walnut chunks.  They're Delicious!

Offlinexxallonblack
Stranger

Re: How can I make 'special cookies' not taste like cannabutter? [Re: Wingnutt]
    #9414989 - 12/11/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wingnutt said:
Load up the cookies with a bunch of goodies and they will taste great.  Last time I made a batch we used the Tollhouse recipe and added extra chocolate chips, mini m'ms, and walnut chunks.  They're Delicious!

yummm chocolate m&m's and walnuts.. that sounds great!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder