Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineQuotation
Newb?

The Doors movie + tripping?
    #8690328 - 07/27/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to preface this with "I've never tripped before." I've smoked weed and done salvia, but I've never had shrooms or acid.

I recieved The Doors movie for Christmas, but I just never got around to watching it. I almost forgot I had it. It came up in conversation with my dad's girlfriend, and she said it was one of her favorite movies ever. She told me I had to watch it with my closest friends while tripping. I told her that was easier said than done, and she seemed almost alarmed that psychedelics weren't easy for me to get, her knowing that I smoke weed. She said that she would try to get me shrooms or acid from her brother, but I had to promise to watch the movie. Now, I'm not sure she will do this, but if she does, that'd be awesome.

But, my first trip wasted on a movie? Is the movie good? Is it good while tripping? Should I just take the psychedelic and take them in nature with a friend instead, then just watch the movie on the comedown or something?

Advice? Comments?

--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: The Doors movie + tripping? [Re: Quotation]
    #8690342 - 07/27/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yea dont watch watch TV at all during your peak.  That would be super lame.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#8690543 - 07/27/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really think that would be a very good movie for tripping. It's kinda depressing really. I used to love The Wall for tripping to, it's kinda dark for me now. I love Fantasia for tripping to. I think watching a movie on the come up can be a good thing, especially if you're feeling a little nervous. That or going for a walk. Just make sure that it's familiar territory, and that you won't run into anybody that might make you feel uncomfortable.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: The Doors movie + tripping? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #8690607 - 07/27/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

actually the first time i did mushrooms i watched that movie for the first time. it was trippy as fuck and i felt like i was Jim Morrison the whole time.

still, i had more fun when i wasnt watching the movie.

OfflineQuotation
Newb?

Re: The Doors movie + tripping? [Re: uber_aj]
    #8690773 - 07/27/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That is the way she described it. She said I had to do it with my best friend(s) though, and we'd feel much closer after tripping through the desert scene together.

--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: The Doors movie + tripping? [Re: DieCommie]
    #8690776 - 07/27/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Yea dont watch watch TV at all during your peak.  That would be super lame.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

#8690846 - 07/27/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Quotation said:
That is the way she described it. She said I had to do it with my best friend(s) though, and we'd feel much closer after tripping through the desert scene together.

did your friend grow up in the 80s, by any chance?

i watched the desert scene tripping balls with my best friend for the first time, i didn't feel closer to him during that. there are better ways to have meaningful experiences with friends while tripping than watching that movie.

OfflineQuotation
Newb?

Re: The Doors movie + tripping? [Re: uber_aj]
    #8690853 - 07/27/08 11:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, that's pretty much just what I wanted to hear. Now I won't feel bad if I take her psychedelic gift in a setting without that movie. It's for the greater good!!

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

#8690868 - 07/27/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

good call. its not a bad movie, get high and watch it sometime. its not too accurate, but i still liked it.

if you have really good friends who are gonna trip with you, make sure you start talking when everyone begins to come down. they'll be some of the best conversations you'll ever have, and it'll make the comedown easier. have fun! :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds