Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8685867 - 07/26/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Why the fuck would you risk that. ITS YOUR CHILD.
EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY EFFECTS YOUR BABY. everything. if it ain't good, it's bad. And I'm no doctor.

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: King Koopa]
    #8685955 - 07/26/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

shit i wouldnt even take asprin but thats jus my perspective

drugs are bad m'kay

and side when you have a scaly reptillian baby whos gonna take dare of it?

the goverment, not you stupid:tongue:

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: LingeringDestiny]
    #8686372 - 07/26/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LingeringDestiny said:
Okay guys, chill. If you read my second post, you'll see that I'm *not* planning on tripping, just wanted to know :smile:

:werd:

People need to fucking read...

sorry, I don't know the answer to your question... but I would assume that one or two trips wouldn't significantly alter physical developement. The only thing that I think might be affected would be the balances of neurotransmitters which may lead to problems latter in life. But of course this is pure speculation!

I once read this Dean Koontz book, "Dragon Tears", where the antagonist was this guy who had super powers. He could stop/slow the flow of time and use telekenesis to create and control goelems out of sand and mud, and all kinds of stuff. Towards the end of the book you find out that his mother ate insane amounts of LSD when she was pregnant with him and that's why he became all magickal and stuff.

So worst case scenario: brain damaged baby
Best case scenario: Telekenesis!

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlineayshuca
I'm a teapot

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: King Koopa]
    #8686617 - 07/27/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

whether its safe or not... do u or her really want to grow up and know that u actually did mushrooms while pregreant? i think also it causes uterus contractions as well.

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8686627 - 07/27/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What many people are failing to realize is the question of not psilocybin would cross the baby's protection barrier and be absorbed. For example I know THC doesn't effect a baby directly, but other chemicals in marijuana *might*(almost all studies with tobacco are assumed the same as marijuana in cases like these, which we all know is wrong ie:cancer). I some how seriously doubt that it would effect the baby. It of course would not do anything directly by "poisoning" the baby or effecting it psychologically. I also doubt it would effect development of the fetus too. The real questions is whether or not it could cause a miscarriage or effect YOU which would indirectly effect the baby. Judging by the general toxicity of of psilocybin I doubt you'd run into any issues, but then again the subject isn't every well explored so it's usually best not to test the waters imo.  It's a good question though because there doesn't seem to be much on the topic of hallucinogens and the fetus.

Edited by wireless (07/27/08 12:06 AM)

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: ayshuca]
    #8686633 - 07/27/08 12:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ayshuca said:
whether its safe or not... do u or her really want to grow up and know that u actually did mushrooms while pregreant? i think also it causes uterus contractions as well.

And where did you learn this doctor?

OfflineDeathloc
Stranger
Male

#8686677 - 07/27/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LingeringDestiny said:
I agree with you Al, and want to clarify I'm not talking about using them during pregnancy as much as I just found out I am expecting, and was curious as to what research has been done. :smile:

aside from all that

Congratz.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: wireless]
    #8686678 - 07/27/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wireless said:
Quote:

ayshuca said:

stop being a fucking smartass, lsd is an abortificant, and both psilocin and lsd are indole compounds, meaning mushrooms could very easily have the same effects.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: suburbanned]
    #8686784 - 07/27/08 01:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
Quote:

wireless said:
Quote:

ayshuca said:

stop being a fucking smartass, lsd is an abortificant, and both psilocin and lsd are indole compounds, meaning mushrooms could very easily have the same effects.

Are you a penguin?

:penguinmonkey:

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8686895 - 07/27/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
Quote:

suburbantoker said:
Quote:

wireless said:
Quote:

ayshuca said:

Are you a penguin?

:penguinmonkey:

see... if i would have been making a claim the picture could have been funny, but i was simply trying to deduce how somebody could come up with such a statement, while telling a smartass to stop being a fucking smartass.  never did i deduce that shrooms are an abortificant because lsd is, i was simply showing how someone could come to such an idea, or how somebody else came to this idea and was spreading propoganda.  i don't know if shrooms are also an abortificant, but i know lsd is

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8686946 - 07/27/08 02:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

LOL... I know you weren't implying that, but it's kind of a leap.

psilocybin and LSD are actually very structurally different besides the indole ring. Psilocybin is actually a lot closer in structure to naturally occurring tryptamines neurotransmitters like seratonin, DMT, and melatonin, to name a few.

You might as well suggest that shrooms might induce seratonin syndrome in the fetus.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#8686977 - 07/27/08 02:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LingeringDestiny said:
I'm not finding much information at all on Psilocybin/pregnancy. Have they done no studies at all? Does anyone have any sound scientific evidence on things like birth defects, miscarriage, etc.?

Just a link.

http://www.somazone.com.au/content.asp?Document_ID=961

Unless you were actually interested in running a trial for us? maybe incremental doses thruout the pregnancy?

jk :evil:[

OfflineHighHat
Repeat Gold Medal eBay -TiVoist
Male

Loc: Delocated
Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8687363 - 07/27/08 06:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Eh, don't take it personally. Lately I've been posting right after work when I'm feeling pretty braindead myself. I wasn't directing anything at you, just making a general statement. Plus I had just gotten through arguing with someone about how LSD doesn't make your brain bleed, so I was in a testy mood towards inaccurate information and only skimmed this thread and that article. Sorry for the inconsistency.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you were wearing a hat, but you weren't?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -Letter from the Pennsylvania Assembly, November 11, 1755

This profile is strictly for role-playing. Any alleged association with illegal activities is purely fictional. Any images depicting illegal activities are photo-shopped or stolen.

Offlinejnana
Stranger
    #12299856 - 03/30/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Mushrooms actually do cause uterine contractions, I know from experience. I could have very well lost my baby. Ladies, don't do it! Your body is too fluctuable during a mushroom trip, and no you can't always control yourself on shrooms.

Offlinehooka4lifecough
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin + Pregnancy? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #12299970 - 03/30/10 02:59 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

ToolTroll said:I might imagine that it would produce only beneficial effects, at least in small doses.

Wow, are you fucking kidding me?? Feeding a developing brain chemicals that interact with serotonin receptors etc is beneficial?? We don't understand EXACTLY how it works on our brains but you propose it's good for a undeveloped brain. I'd call you a dumbass, but who knows maybe your mom did shrooms when she was pregnant with you, so you have an excuse.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds