Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety?
    #8664153 - 07/21/08 07:55 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I know it is an anti depressant, but it also helps certain people with social anxiety. My social anxiety is really bad, but my doctor told me he didn't prescribe benzo's for social anxiety anymore. He told me if I want the "hard stuff" I would have to go see a psychiatrist first.

Has it helped any of you peeps with anxiety?

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLndrydusting Happy Birthday
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8664260 - 07/21/08 08:24 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

What are you on now?

--------------------

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: Lndrydusting]
    #8664279 - 07/21/08 08:32 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I have taken Effexor XR for a few years to ease my anxiety.  It is an SNRI (serotonin/norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor).  Doc told me it is useful in treating GAD(Generalized Anxiety Disorder).  Which is what I have and by reading your posts you also have.  If you can make it without meds definitely do so.  I have been trying to get off the Effexor for the last year and it's hard.  It has some horrible withdrawl symptoms.  I hope to be free of it soon. 

Either way I don't regret taking it as I was helped by it immensely.  No more flushing, shaking, nervousness.  Still a little socially anxious but nothing like before.  I wouldn't even want to go to the store.  I would panic even standing in line to pay for something. 

Research whatever you plan on taking and read other peoples reviews about it.  If I had known about the withdrawl of Effexor I might have tried something else instead.

Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

#8664295 - 07/21/08 08:35 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

celexa made me tired at weird hours or just early night... I don't like that unless I need to work... I had it for a little bit when I was just messed up mentally... It's hard to point the finger on how well it does... I forget how many mg i was on but I wasn't on it long... But then again I don't have any social anxiety because I just don't give a fuck sometimes... Maybe when I become socially tangled again maybe or when I'm blazed out my mind... But when I am sober I can holler here there anywhere... And celexa is a no go for me to be more on topic.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: watchoutnow]
    #8664308 - 07/21/08 08:39 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

the not wanting to go the store thing I have experienced... I have symptoms of delusions sometimes I believe and they're very real and cause me to go nuts basically cause I know I really can't explain it to people especially the people close to me... I'd end up talking to distant people just so I can tell somebody and see what they thought and I had to find the right person. But yeah I hope you get over this and wish their was a miracle solution I could offer but I can't. Good luck.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineLndrydusting Happy Birthday
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: rick0909]
    #8664314 - 07/21/08 08:40 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

My boyfriend took exfexor for depression and it has wicked bad withdrawls.... but it helped on parts of his depression and aniexty (not all) and then he was switched to cymbalta (which the doctor failed to tell him had life threatening withdrawls and side effects.... Before you ask your doc to perscrib anything look up the withdrawls/ side effects... they can be things like hightend anxieties so becarefull... kinda like sinus meds causing sinus infections!

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

#8664362 - 07/21/08 08:50 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Citalopram works for me and my social anxiety, my psychologist recommended it, but she just prescribes meds and sees how I am doing. I said I had anxiety, especially when driving, she said citalopram works quite well and to start off small.

Benzos are not "hard stuff", find a new doctor, if he had you on it before, he should continue to if it works. If he is a primary care provider, either tell him he sucks or go see the "psychatrist." Get a good one, and recommend to them that you had taken benzos before, and they work, and they where prescribed before.

I actually could use both, but only take the citalopram.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

If you're actaully racist in real life though, you're literally a homosexual faggot.-StevenMichael

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8664487 - 07/21/08 09:14 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

How bad was your social anxiety? I don't get it when I'm driving. Only when I am around lots of people. At work we have these fucking meetings where they cram too many people in a small room. I start sweating, flushing, and freaking the hell out.

The doc told me he wanted to start me out of celexa (citalopram) and see how it worked. I wanted some benzo's, but I would have ended up abusing them anyway. It is probably a good thing that I got celexa. I would love to have a script for Klonopin though. :smirk:

I really hope this shit helps. I've kind of isolated myself from friends and family, except for my wife and kids. I need to get over this shit because my daughter will be going to school pretty soon. I don't want to be the dad who doesn't go and support her at sporting events and all that good shit.

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

#8665046 - 07/21/08 11:19 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Citalopram works... Well depends I guess... I symptoms I notice with that is controlled thinking... You know how thoughts can bombard you? Yeah you can focus easier and easily stop your thought with citalopram... I didn't even have to take much, the pills were tiny, and I think I took about three in the morning. It sounds like it could really help you but are you actually thinking or is it your body reacting in the meeting?...

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

#8667333 - 07/22/08 01:29 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

it really depends, because I don't have a social anxiety disorder, just a pathology towards it,

some people you wouldnt believe have it, I think a lot of people dont like crowds, I know familiar faces work well for me, but it really depends on the situation,

if this is a primary care provider, I would recommend seeing someone for medication management, going to someone for meds doesnt make you a nutjob.

it really depends on the situation for me. A lot of times I just look lost, and people find me strange, but I still make friends. I find it best to try to make people laugh, sometimes poking fun at people will help, honestly.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

If you're actaully racist in real life though, you're literally a homosexual faggot.-StevenMichael

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #8667363 - 07/22/08 01:35 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

when you get anxious, try this breathing exercize, if you do it correctly you will instantly become more calm.

simply make the inhalation the same length as the exhalation

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has Celexa helped any of you for anxiety? [Re: sleepy]
    #8667472 - 07/22/08 01:59 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
when you get anxious, try this breathing exercize, if you do it correctly you will instantly become more calm.

simply make the inhalation the same length as the exhalation

Yeah once you get a breathing technique down, its almost stupid how easy it is to calm yourself down in a social situation.

btw happy birthday charlie:borat:

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8669389 - 07/22/08 11:16 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

HoleSnype said:

At work we have these fucking meetings where they cram too many people in a small room. I start sweating, flushing, and freaking the hell out.

Maybe you don't have a disorder, maybe your job just sucks and you live in a society of strangers.

Remember your parents, "Don't talk to strangers..."

I'd try meditation, breathing techniques, and training yourself in compassion before you get on some crazy meds.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub