Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineland_sealion
Stranger
question about filtered mushroom tea dosage
    #8602255 - 07/06/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i know some tea recipes call for drinking the ground mushrooms while others, you filter them out.

drinking the ground mushrooms seems pointless to me because it defeats the whole purpose of making tea (i dont mind the taste of shrooms).

but anyway lets say i want to try taking 2 grams next weekend and make a filtered tea (to possibly minimize stomach cramps). i am assuming that i will lose at least some of the active chemicals when making this tea. so how do i adjust the dosage accordingly? how much (if any) more than 2 grams should i use to get the euivalent of 2 grams worth of tea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: question about filtered mushroom tea dosage [Re: land_sealion]
    #8602295 - 07/06/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure really if you would lose any, but you will probably not trip as hard in my opinion that is. I've had tea only 3-4 times I'm not a huge fan. Tea hits you a lot faster, lasts shorter, and it seems that it isn't as WHOLE if you understand that. Lets say I trip on 4 grams, and see colors and all that good shit. With tea it seems to me that its more in my head, more of a mental trip. Now this may be all in my head, and not at all true so I can't say. Let some other people answer, and then you can base your decision from everyone as a whole. I mean you will probably have mixed answers here this is something that is unique to each individual I think.

--------------------

Offlinemindfudged1134
laughs at yourfour winds
Male

Loc: west coast
    #8602310 - 07/06/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

2 grams should get you pretty eff'd depending on how you drink the tea. chugging a hot mushroom tea is akin to the "lemon shot"  just dont make much liquid( a small coffee cup should be good), grind the shrooms up extra extra well, add some lemon to the hot water and drink it pretty quickly and you should be set.

--------------------
"ordinary people do fucked up things when fucked up things become ordinary"

Offlineland_sealion
Stranger
Re: question about filtered mushroom tea dosage [Re: mindfudged1134]
    #8602321 - 07/06/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mindfudged1134 said:
2 grams should get you pretty eff'd depending on how you drink the tea. chugging a hot mushroom tea is akin to the "lemon shot"  just dont make much liquid( a small coffee cup should be good), grind the shrooms up extra extra well, add some lemon to the hot water and drink it pretty quickly and you should be set.

what should i use to filter out the mushrooms?

Offlinemindfudged1134
laughs at yourfour winds
Male

Loc: west coast
    #8602342 - 07/06/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well im sure even without the internet you could figure something out, but i would use some cheesecloth, which can be purchased at most supermarkets, or just a metal coffee filter from inside your coffee maker. squish the ground up wet mushrooms against the grates to get all the remaining moisture out.

--------------------
"ordinary people do fucked up things when fucked up things become ordinary"

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: question about filtered mushroom tea dosage [Re: mindfudged1134]
    #8602407 - 07/06/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You can get more out of it by making sure you boil the mushrooms heavily for 15-20 minutes. don't believe the bullshit some people on this site say about heat breaking down the active chemicals. Don't even grind the mushrooms, boil until they sink when heat is removed. Don't even worry about squeezing out the last drop, you will get plenty high enough. Making tea without boiling the shit out of the mushrooms, like many of the lame TEKs you read on this site usually doesn't get you too high unless you drink the mushy shit too.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Offlineland_sealion
Stranger
Re: question about filtered mushroom tea dosage [Re: MasonsChild]
    #8602479 - 07/06/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MasonsChild said:
You can get more out of it by making sure you boil the mushrooms heavily for 15-20 minutes. don't believe the bullshit some people on this site say about heat breaking down the active chemicals. Don't even grind the mushrooms, boil until they sink when heat is removed. Don't even worry about squeezing out the last drop, you will get plenty high enough. Making tea without boiling the shit out of the mushrooms, like many of the lame TEKs you read on this site usually doesn't get you too high unless you drink the mushy shit too.

thanks, do you think making the tea is worth it or should i just eat the mushrooms and deal with the stomach discomfort?

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
    #8602714 - 07/06/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Eat them. It passes quickly, and I don't even get nauseated. I mean tea is a different experience its fun to try it. You may enjoy it more. Don't filter it with anything that will absorb liquid as you will obviously lose some of the liquid and contents of the mushrooms. Just boil them in the water, and simply scoop out as much as you can. If you have a metal/wire strainer thats also a nice route.

--------------------

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
    #8602979 - 07/07/08 02:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

For myself, I never have stomach problems if I only eat stems or drink tea. I think it may be gills or spores that make me queezy.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag