Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: cactu]
    #9278150 - 11/20/08 11:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i will make more studie in the other specimen to see if i can find more diferences

Perhaps you can start by comparing the pleurocystidia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #9280152 - 11/20/08 05:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cactu said:
Quote:

Beege said:
these pictures are from spring?

excellent as always :thumbup:

oh sorry i forgot to say la primavera forest is a forest close to my house ...:grin:

exactly that what they remind me too,alan  the small ones from colima,

the second have  many round spores a few romboid to subromboid and some with rare eliptic look
i will make more studie in the other specimen to see if i can find more diferences
i also find a few other  in my second trip there i have not show you yet when i do get to the maple forest , there i found some rare ones too , but a bit old.

ahhh that makes a bit more sense, but I didn't realize Lactarius indigo fruited in the late fall... I guess you are a bit closer to the equator than us Floridians are though.

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: Beege]
    #9296562 - 11/23/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well i discover all sierras in my close area are diferent , and for example in this one close to me they fruit in this late season , and do not in other sierras , what tell me how precious is to know many areas,and learn  by the time observing nature.for me is really pleasant that i can make a squedule  of a year picking prior to the mushrooms season and very acurate..

i most say my season is end , maybe if i go to some special places with river i can find few , but i will let then there, `til next year, is very cold this last days and dry,
so i will present to you the continuation of my last pictures

in the process of a ramaria meal first onions

then squash flowers pick righ in the door

i like my taco

now some lactarius indigo  that a bit  where frozen dry and the mutands

and a tomato sauce with chile de arbol , and chile pasilla.

i have to go 2 times more to that special place  is so nice ..

psilocybe grow there by the river

i found this one in a a open in the ground was very dificult to pull i could not get my hand inside

so i pull the cap thinking the stem will broke dont matter but for my sorprise it didn`t and it was so tigh stick to the ground .

in the process i damage a lot the mushrooms it was beatiful before and soon turn in this angry blue meany

this one have a nice umbo

sex and psilocybe

the sun was setting

we try to get to the maple  and we did but night fall upon us and crush us .....
panellus crtitinus or lentinus critinus

not sure was dry and old , maybe you can help

one of the enourmous tree ferns easily more that 50 years old

good night

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9296583 - 11/23/08 10:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9297454 - 11/23/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

one of the enourmous tree ferns easily more that 50 years old

Wow those things are awesome!

Where do you think the season will start first?

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9297689 - 11/23/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The season will star first here , in this territory  i can rely on this since this weather is being going like this since the pleistocene , that why the vegetation around here is so exuberant , around here is the location of villarealae like 50 kilometer away, but over here is even ,more humid i visit villarealae location and could not find nothing  and here still does, then villarealae location then zapotecorum location,then la primavera, then the other sierras, well depending of what are you hunting , .
a late season place is the nevado the colima  but to the contrary the caerulecens location is a early fruiter and late fruiter,tequila is one of the early edible fruiter , some year the patter can change a bit  dpending on the local rain, that why i alway look the weather,and try to figure out my next hunt depending on the weather , experience, date, presence or not presence of indicate species, etc, sometimes the tree here  can tell you alot about the weather , when some tree are flowering i know rain is not far away, and the trees are more acurate that chronogical dates, when some insect apear is also a singnal , if some of those sing are not present i know the year will be dry and bad.for instance keep record at ants , they can predict weather too, if you understand their sistem, how they work, when ants begging to  work instensily before the rainy season i know will rain a lot, when the season is ending and they also work very intensily will be very cold , when the ants duplicate their population in the dry season is because next year will rain  good, many sing in nature, many just few examples,and once already in the rainy season  mushrom can predict weather specially in those day in the rainy season where drought come, for instance some of the most delicate species as conocybe lactea, or parasola,copinospsis , coprinellus, etc, that only last for few hours  dont come out if that day in not going to rain , chek out , but do intensily when is going to rain usually in the late afternoom when some of then are already melting , when you found many pins is because is going to rain , when you dont is not , this is fundamental for pin , if you see many pin it will rain in that day , mushroom usually know that , but i have see few mushrooms that do the contrary is usually only a 10% percent of the others. so the mayority  do come out when is going to rain they fell it i dont know how , but is like that.
  in the future i like to predict how much  or rain is neded for instance to species as amanita basii and amanita jacksonii and manita caesarea, to come out , i have notice that you can calculate that, and make a more expand area to search , some especies are not so picky about the quantity of water it rains some other do .

speaking about the when you dig the more you found this year i found that once i found a mushroom in one sierra i usually find then in the other , this is more commond with micorrisic species , since i guess they have a conection with the trees and conected the hole forest to all trees welli discover that mushroom fruit at unison in all forest , like if they where comunicating and trying to maximixace the reproduction , by coming all at the same time and ganranty the combination of species and populations , that is amazing iam starting to underderstand that, sometimes this big explosion only last 4 days to 2 weeks , if you are not there you missed, `til next year. pretty fucking awesone, it was until this year i could see it so impresibly , and get to those conclucion , why they come the same day in diferent places far away?, is this some sort of advante? for say reproduction, ?, how do they know ,is a more simple mechanism , every time i see i discover mushrooms dont do think just by casuality , they are thinking the next move....

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #9297977 - 11/23/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that nigh  some help us to know where the maple forest  was, and offer us their house to  sleep , i could not belive our luck , people is so nice around here...
i found this clytocybe people eat in senquio

i go back to the house after i found most of the mushroom in a man made forest of cupresus and pine species,also abies and oaks around,

i ate this gonphidium  with

the flowers of this yucca jaliscana sp.

you can see how big are my pink tortillas :cool:

mi taco

a bit of jocoque , how you call jocoque.. yogourt?

and here are more tree juice for Señor hongos to enjoy.
fomitopsis pinicola i taste the  drops are exactly as the tea bitter ...;)

--------------------

OfflineUnderTheOak
Grüße Von Der Orion
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
    #9298046 - 11/23/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Once again, excellent photos. And I think the word you're looking for is yoghurt :smile:

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9298058 - 11/23/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

here's some tree juice from florida

(If you open it up all the way and look near the center-left you'll see a little critter enjoying itself in it's fungus cave.)

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #9298175 - 11/23/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

whoa nice picture  Beege is that yours ?real lovely  have all , mushrooms animals and drops .with light  on it .

si  undertheoak yoghurt is sell at stores here but this is made with natural milk , in the farm , and is more like sour milk , many good bacteria and really nutricius  i like it,
but you get the idea, is like a yoghurt but is not.

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9298545 - 11/23/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thanks, and yep I took that on one of my mycowalks during late summer this year. I was kind of surprised at how well it came out and I didn't even notice the bug until I got home and blew up the picture.

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #9307930 - 11/24/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lactarius specie edible, maybe delisiosus.

iam happy to anounce  drum please .....the only fussy collybia around  :dj:

are those sclerotium or not can decide

it was growing in what appear to be a russula sp. or maybe a lactarius .you can still see the gill , but as the literature  said  sometimes is hardly to recognice the fruit body is growing on.

this forest impress me the next secuence of pictures are expecie i have encounter for the firt time in my life:loveeyes:
pseudohydnum gelatinosum

mycena sp.

several mycena sp

ya casi llegamos

estamos aqui en el maple

and i found this boy

this one is a rare psilocybe  dont know i think in caerulipides aroun this forest,don`t know why ? but have not check yet

maybe this is a easy for you i let you guy id this one counting now

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9308102 - 11/24/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that green one is amazing! it looks unreal

you have such a plethora of species there, I went out hunting today and didn't find anything but some wood fungus.

--------------------

InvisibleDannyGlick

#9308920 - 11/25/08 03:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

that green one is amazing! it looks unreal

Hygrocybe psittacina the Parrot Mushroom.

Killer pics cactu.:getstoned:

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #9310433 - 11/25/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

wow cactu!!!! Great thread! I'm glad you are still adding to it! So is morel season just starting!!! I'm looking forward to watching as they migrate northward.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#9312826 - 11/25/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

cactu you are such a badass, a G. So you are saying there are a lot of ways to determine if the year will be rainy? like fire ants and birds singing? Thats badass if you have found out a way to tell if you will recieve good rains that year. It can be so frustrating when you are completely ready to go hunting but the rains never come. Whenever i read your stories and information about nature i feel like im hearing a shaman speak :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: 2859558484]
    #9313512 - 11/25/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

once you are an observand you can find many things, that can help you in nature, you will be amaze how comond people without education can have many good  conclucions  just by observing the weather , year after year,now with education , you go more futher, you dig more, and with mushrooms you transcend :grin: today i was reading how , they said tlaloc came to earth and spread the rain and the mushrooms born , the flowers of gods , and was the food , teonanacatlatl , well i discover the opositte , psilocybe atracct rain and make tlaloc happy i guess so far since 98 we have had better years of rains, is my idea the nature is growing at anourmous rate , we are withnessing amazing change in nature more faster that ever before, the frecuency of vibration in all have arise you can fell it , we fell the rush , the need , maybe the earth have  had this change for ages  but we have no record of it as a civilization , this is making humand kind to experiment with the unknow powers they have, now that i see my life all have been a teaching a education step, that i learn something , i guees we are all the same , sooner or latter we have the same ideas , conclucions , fears, etc. we live the same experience in one way or another , i was thinking i was getting old , but  i guess not now as society we are getting to a point you are not impress by anything becasue most of all you have already see it in tv or movies, is not  like before where a laser pistol will be unbelievble , same with mushrooms , we are about to step in some new territory with mushrooms and all nature, but are we prepared... only few times i have see magic creatures of the forest , but that why i believe unfourtounaly for men , you have to see to belive. seek if you please.dig `til the end.enjoy all the way...

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #9321200 - 11/27/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the morel so elusive , but not anymore . i have 2 patch now . but small harvest .hope they get more  next year

this is lentinus squamosus or something i save the specimen for future grow is some is interest too.

and the psilocybe from this ravine

slime mold

inocybe calamistrata

cortina of hypholoma capnoides

i did not take to many picture of the giant ferns , but they range from 5 meters tomaybe 15 meter the biggest and there are only like 20 there  not many .

--------------------

OfflineTempus950
Stranger

#9321354 - 11/27/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Most of your pictures make me hungry...

which part of Mexico is this? I've never been there, and in my minds eye, I imagined vast expanses of deserts, not lush forests like that.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: the Magic of Mexico official thread [Re: Tempus950]
    #9337773 - 11/30/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

tempus this is in jalisco state mexico most of the pictures  , a few from colima and michoacan too.

it al depend where you choose to travel mexico can have it all kind of climate and vegetation ..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale