Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8564030 - 06/25/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

fantasylndvictm said:
Was that to strandedvoyager or me? Cuz he deff has my mind sppinning.

Take it as what he said- u get to watch one movie(where it comes from doesnt matter u get to watch it) and when whatever movie u chose is done he's going to shoot u in the head no way out of it thats whats gonna happen period. Ur making this into a questions game when really all it is is would u be able to choose a movie and watch it before u get shot in the head thats what it is.

I don't like you that much. :stoned:

What I said could have came off differently than what I meant. But ur not liking me is ok too. :smile:

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8564034 - 06/25/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
OK...am I being forced to watch a movie first?  Or do I have the option to just die now?  I hope I'm not playing the game unfairly, but honestly, I don't think anything is gonna be worth my time or be able to take my mind off the fact that I am about to die.  I'd just like to get it over with and eat the bullet.

But, assuming I'm being forced to watch something..."The Sound of Music".
No joke.

You are being forced, this could turn into some Clockwork Orange style eyes peeled open type of shit.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8564036 - 06/25/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Pulp Fiction. I'd want to go out with a good laugh. Plus it's such a bad ass movie, who wouldn't want to see it one last time. :awesome:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8564039 - 06/25/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The never ending story

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Male

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #8564044 - 06/25/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I can def. respect the Pulp Fiction choice.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8564054 - 06/25/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Anchorman

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8564055 - 06/25/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I know I would want a movie that captures how beautifully inspirational life can truely be, a movie that is so beautiful that I cry, not because I'm sad but because I now know that I had been blessed to have lived life

Thats Baraka

I'd "watch" Baraka, while meditating, praying and otherwise preparing for the end.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Male

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: Asante]
    #8564059 - 06/25/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This was my "I'm gonna make a Wiccan_Seeker style thread!" thread. How did I do?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineanarchist1776
Title
Male

Loc: United States
    #8564080 - 06/25/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
What movie do you choose?

It's the last thing you are ever going to watch. It's the last piece of humanly created art you are going to engage with. It's the last lesson you're going to learn - on this plane, anyway.

What would it be?

V for Vendetta.

Quoth the film, "I shall die here.  Every inch of me shall perish.  Every inch, but one.  An inch.  It is small and it is fragile, but it is the only thing in the world worth having.  We must never lose it or give it away.  We must never let them take it from us."

If I'm going to be murdered, it's worth remembering this essential point.

--------------------
Alex

"The difference between free-market capitalism and state capitalism is precisely the difference between, on the one hand, peaceful, voluntary exchange, and on the other, violent expropriation" (Murray N. Rothbard, 1973).

"The market is not a jumble of distorted and unrelated events.  Instead, it is a highly complex but orderly and efficient mechanism which provides a means for each person to realize the maximum possible value and satisfaction commensurate with his abilities and resources" (Linda & Morris Tannehill, 1970).

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #8564082 - 06/25/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DuNeRaVeR said:
Waking Life

I would also probably prefer one that would help me come to terms with the situation.  American Beauty might actually be my choice.

Although I would probably be pissed the entire time that I didn't pick Home Alone.

Edited by PinballWizard (06/25/08 07:58 PM)

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: Asante]
    #8564136 - 06/25/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That looks really interesting and I can watch the whole thing on you tube which I will do tonight before I go to bed. Thanks for the reference.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#8564160 - 06/25/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Lots of responses, people take it seriously, you have the thread derailment under wraps, you're doing good :awesome:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #8564183 - 06/25/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i can't think of anything i'd like to watch before i died.

maybe like some nature documentary.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8564186 - 06/25/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I recommend you to get the DVD version because then you can watch it fullscreen, as opposed to youtube's tiny grainy image.

Baraka is the ultimate salute to life on earth. I wouldn't want to watch a story or listen to someone talking stuff, I'd want to see some of the best things this world had to offer, most of which I never got to see, that final time.

Quote:

Baraka, really.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (06/25/08 08:06 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8564190 - 06/25/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

OOOH.  Good call!  The entire Planet Earth series on high-def. :thumbup:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8564199 - 06/25/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Bush's State of the Union.

Because then you'll actually ask him to off you before it is over :awesome:

Or maybe Flatliners.

First the silly hollywood popcorn version of the Near Death Experience, then the real deal.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (06/25/08 08:09 PM)

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #8564248 - 06/25/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Boondock Saints

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinejust_v
via Your Moms House
Male

Loc: from the north
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8564254 - 06/25/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Silence of the Lambs

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery

Loc: Gallifrey
    #8564308 - 06/25/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I recommend you to get the DVD version because then you can watch it fullscreen, as opposed to youtube's tiny grainy image.

Baraka is the ultimate salute to life on earth. I wouldn't want to watch a story or listen to someone talking stuff, I'd want to see some of the best things this world had to offer, most of which I never got to see, that final time.

Quote:

Baraka, really.

My sister got me the Baraka dvd years ago it seems now, it's still unopened in my dvd holder thingy. Should I watch it? Why?

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: The kidnapper tells you he is going to let you watch one movie, and then shoot you in the head. [Re: unbeliever]
    #8564319 - 06/25/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Dumb and Dumber

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale