Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDude96
Stranger

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Negative Effects of Mushrooms
    #8494202 - 06/06/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Negative effects of shrooms? Both physical and mental?

I know theres alot of myths, but its hard to be sure now a days..so yea, if any of you people more experienced/learned on the subject would care to share itd be appreciated. I now know that the they cause stomach ulcers thing is a myth..but what about they make your brain bleed? Is that true?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: Dude96]
    #8494210 - 06/06/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You're a virgin, also?
I never hear people talk about the negative effects of shrooms either. Is it that good?

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: King Koopa]
    #8494214 - 06/06/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

NEGATIVE

* intense feelings of fear
    * headache, usually as effects wear off, sometimes beginning the next day, lasting for up to 24 hours
    * nausea, gas, gastrointestinal discomfort, especially when dry mushrooms eaten raw
    * mild to severe anxiety
    * dizziness, confusion
    * lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
    * can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
    * working memory disruption (reduced ability to do tasks requiring current remembering and attention)

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: King Koopa]
    #8494216 - 06/06/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

pancreatic cancer(if you do it repeatedly) and a conscious

OfflinePrometheus82
Stranger

Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: Konyap]
    #8494340 - 06/06/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think he meant long term effects. I've read some where about depression but it only happens when the person ABUSING the drug has a pre-existing condition or is prone to having depresion. I say ABUSING because I've read alot about this and never see anything indicating any long term effects with seldom use.

Offlinemyc0man
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: The Milky Way
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: Konyap]
    #8494342 - 06/06/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The only negative effect I've ever had was nausea but I'm quite prone to experiencing nausea after eating normal meals as well.

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
    #8494399 - 06/06/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

only real negative effects are nausa while tripping which goes away pretty much 100% of the time after 1hour. feeling out of phase or depressed for a day or two after dosing, and in very rare cases it can cause psychosis (this is very rare and only really happens to people with mental illness running in the family) your brain might bleed if you eat the wrong type of shrooms but a complete myth otherwise

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: myc0man]
    #8494402 - 06/06/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

read about HPPD its a very real and sometimes negative long term side effect from taking psychedelic drugs.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: myc0man]
    #8494484 - 06/06/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok first off, I would say that so far the responses are a bit misleading in my opinion, only because they do not paint a very holistic picture.

Ok physical effects - essentially none. The physical safety of ingesting shrooms is something I would vouch for. Trust me, while you should be concerned for your well being, the physical safety of ingesting shrooms is not something to worry about.

These physical effects are utterly insignificant in comparison to the long term psychological changes they can bring if you actively pursue what they have to show you. Psychologically, they can be incredibly significant, in both "positive and negative" ways, but this qualitative spectrum is something YOU, and your CULTURE will bring to the experience. (Read up on set and setting)

It generally seems to take a few trips to happen, but eventually, it will quite possibly trigger a personal existential inquiry, which is neither positive or negative. Our culture demonises  existentialism, by exaggerating the "negative" existential conclusions people come to.

But I would firmly assert that these decisions are not ultimately MADE by the drug, but the person himself (As said earlier set and setting). Hallucinogens such as mushrooms or LSD are never the cause of any conceivably "positive" or "negative" effects, only they are very effective tools for us to realize such conclusions.

That said, there is no safe ground.

I am not so much talking about 1 trip here, rather the whole red or blue pill deal. Mushrooms are not positive or negative, this i can say for certain. Perhaps you should wait until you can see them outside of this spectrum? Idk...If this is the case, looking back, I myself took them way too soon, and if you knew me, you would say I paid. Though I couldn't recommend this particular path to others, I am glad to this day that I took it, because to me, mushrooms are wholly representative of truth.

Whatever decision you make, I would highly recommend reading Timothy Leary's "The Psychedelic Experience. You can find it online for free.

Good luck
:peace:

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: daytripper23]
    #8494618 - 06/06/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Body load is the only downside to me

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Invisiblepinc
 User Gallery

Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8494672 - 06/06/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the negative for me was a downward thought process that looped. it's all about set and setting.

OfflineBigP
Strangest

Re: Negative Effects of Mushrooms [Re: pinc]
    #8495185 - 06/07/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Daytripper23 singing the Gospel, I approve.:thumbup:

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
    #8495929 - 06/07/08 11:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
Negative effects of shrooms? Both physical and mental?

I know theres alot of myths, but its hard to be sure now a days..so yea, if any of you people more experienced/learned on the subject would care to share itd be appreciated. I now know that the they cause stomach ulcers thing is a myth..but what about they make your brain bleed? Is that true?

link/how do you know that? i'm not sayin they do, i'm just very interested in any information regarding mushrooms and ulcers because i have ulcers (although shrooms were not the cause). i've also read threads on here which worry me. here are a couple examples:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6126603/an/0/page/17

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/657627#657627

another physical side effect no has mentioned  yet is seizures. do a search and you'll find lots of threads on this. it happens with LSD too. the only scientific info i could find on it showed that 3% of people given LSD had seizures. this study was done in the 60s though and it only involved 150 people i believe, so who knows how accurate that number is?

Edited by porcupine (06/07/08 11:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract