Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this?
    #8447554 - 05/26/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A little set up story. And sorry for the length. Now we have all eaten shrooms before but they were my first flush which was pretty weak so we werent expecting anything like this. This craziness was induced by even LESS then when we ate the first time off the same damn cakes. Also we were on the day after "fuzziness" of a DXM trip (dont judge me monkey).

So me and two friend decide to eat what I had grown so far. Some was dry and some were fresh we measured the fresh as dry by pretty much moving the decimal point 1 place to the left ya know...dry=1/10 of wet. So using that we determined we were eating about 4.5g of dry.

For me and one of my friends who I'll call J it was amazing and wonderful..incredible visuals and this euphoric bubbly water feeling..kinda like being in a hot tub but almost cold. The music sounded amazing (Opeth rocks) I had visions of celestial bodies like the crab nebula and felt these very gentle and kind presences. I thought I was somewhere between in the ocean or in space.

My other friend who I'll call D however had no such experience. He was saying about 30 min into it that he was never doing this again..we tried to reassure him that everything was fine and its not going to hurt you and just enjoy the ride. . .But he had no sense of logic or reason what so ever. He started asking how long it would last and freaking out that we had to work tuesday..it was early sunday..we tried telling him it doesnt last very long maybe 6 hours and all is good..He kept spiraling downward thinking he was insane..We had all talked about the realities of shrooms and that this doesnt happen, its impossible..still no reasoning with him..

A little after this is where it got way worse and by this time me and J were completely sober. But D was still freaking the hell out. He was thinking that he died and his very own apartment was his hell. We turned on all the lights stopped the music and tried to chill him out. He wouldnt really talk to us reasonably he would just occasionally spout off some random non sense. Then he started trying to go outside..bad idea..as I said he lives in a Apt so having this guy obviously out of his mind wearing socks and PJ's with his jew fro all up in the air was a bad idea. So we kept him from wondering around outside..

Then..it got worse he wondered into his bedroom..we followed him to find him with one leg and halve his body out the fucking window..We were on the 3RD FLOOR! We arm hooked him and dragged him back in. J shook him a little and asked " WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" D grabs him and hugs him and just burst into tears at this point..we we just like whoa...what the hell is goin on..After awhile a few more hours of trying to keep him in the apartment he finally slowly began to talk more and finally snapped out of it. He said he remembered everything but everything was so distorted that he truely believed he had died and was in hell. .also I find this odd becase me and J were totally sober hours after D started to really flip out..

Anyone ever seen someone go that far out of their mind?

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Edited by the_0wl (05/26/08 04:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8447584 - 05/26/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I've seen some people get pretty far out, at least your friend kept his clothes on....;)

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #8447592 - 05/26/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yes and it ain't fun!

It's why I never, never trip with anyone I don't trust with my whole world. Some people can be that psychedelic guide, but after the freakouts I've seen, forget it!

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8447617 - 05/26/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

4.5 grams can be a bit much at times. good job taking care of him, and not letting him climb out the window. be careful... and next time trip somewhere where you wont have to worry about other people around. go camping or something.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: 12468]
    #8447621 - 05/26/08 04:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wait till you hear about C.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male
Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8447658 - 05/26/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I had been in the hospital getting treated for insomnia...The little thing where they monitor your sleep patterns. Anyway, they let us have the phone, and all that shit. Well I found out that a friend of mine had gotten a QP of shrooms in from this guy, and I told a friend to go get money from my house and buy an ounce. Anyway, I got out, and that night we both ended up eating somewhere around a quarter. He started freaking out, and I was on the verge of losing it so I took his ass home gave him a clock, and told him to hang around his dog. He said he did alright after that. Well I headed home, and tripped nuts with my phone turned off. He thought I had died, and he was my angel...And had to come rescue me. He drove to my house at 2AM he said going about 95(his car only reads 100), and didnt leave until 5 when he finally realized he was being ridiculous. Pretty sad.

--------------------

Offlinegizmokata
Stranger
Loc: Midwest
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: MHbound]
    #8447808 - 05/26/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just the other day i had to deal with a kid that believed nothing mattered, apparently before i got there he was contemplating killing himself.  Later on he said he would have killed himself if he had a gun at that point, luckily bohemian rhapsody saved the trip :smile:  I think the problem was there was no music playing, it was completely silent in the house when i got there except for him mumbling scary things to himself.

OfflineBigP
Strangest

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: gizmokata]
    #8447991 - 05/26/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The power of mind on high dosage trips as we all have learned through experience can literally drive one to insanity. Feanor, my fellow tripper in this story, can add his 2 cents for me on this trip as well.

We had been surfing for 3 or 4 days and camping on the beach. The night before we left we decided to indulge in some damn fine mesc and some cubes. So here we are in the middle of the night on the beach, I have slept very little in the past 4 days and was literally exhausted...But I did not realize this yet.

We dosed up on 340 milligrams of mesc, and then took about 2.5 grams of cubes.

I completely lost myself, I knew you could never die from these two things but my brain had convinced itself so, and since I could not reason with my own mind and control my thoughts I began to have a bad trip. As the trip progressed I had the feeling of being exhausted and wanting to go to sleep, but this was impossible...Every time I would start to dose off I would hear screeching,space like music in my head that would wake me up instantly only after a flash of some insane surreal visual that was usually dark and twisted. I kept dosing off like that every 30 seconds and getting a flash of negativity and the sound of alien like music. That is when I knew I was full fledged into an ego death. I was convinced at one point during the night, I had died and was looking at my lifeless body in the tent. I had three out of body experiences that night. Luckily I could always tell myself in the back of my head, this is just ego death at its best...so i kept myself from doing something irrational. Like running up the beach screaming to other people I am about to die with giant dilated pupils...lol

Some people when they go out of their element and loose touch with their ego completely go nuts. Especially if their head is filled with nothing but negative thoughts.

Next time this happens just make him sit in a closet by himself with a radio till the trip is over. It keeps bad things from happening, and if he can hurt himself in a dark closet with nothing but a radio in there...More power to him. lol

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: BigP]
    #8448072 - 05/26/08 07:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That sucks, but I could easily see how about 4.5 grams could send some people into a really intense and bad trip. OP, how experienced is that kid with psychedelics?

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: BigP]
    #8448090 - 05/26/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So I guess you can seriously lose your mind. I've never been or seen anyone that out of it. I thought maybe he was fucking with us.. Maybe our measurements were off but im pretty sure we only ate about 4.5 a peice and me and my buddy were fine...and totally sober way before he really flipped..

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #8448095 - 05/26/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

^ How much experience with psychedelics does the kid that freaked have?

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male
    #8448104 - 05/26/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Oh bro you can completely lose your mind. My cousin is now in what they chose to call DRUG induced schizophrenia, but he was doing about of LSD back in the late 60's early 70's(when it was good!) and anyway he literally lost his shit. He has reverted back to childhood, and can't take care of himself. He used to dose very very VERY fucking hight, and didn't mind losing his mind for a day, but doing it a few times a week caught up to him. So it would be hard to lose your mind after one day, but it is possible...Not so much on mushrooms though, unless you have a predisposition for some mental illness.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: MHbound]
    #8448121 - 05/26/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

17 dried grams cubes made me loose my shit...:( 
Good thing my shit came back.  Kinda.

Freaked my girlfriend at the time and little sister the fuck out.:sorry:

Doctors told my family I probably wouldn't come back.  Like Cousin Vinny above^^

That's exactly what I was diagnosed with...  DRUG induced schizophrenia. 

Took like six weeks to be able to trust my mind again.

--------------------

OfflineBigP
Strangest

#8448124 - 05/26/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If he accidentally took 5 grams or above I could see him not enjoying himself lol.

And about your cousin MHbound, Is there schizophrenia in his gene pool?

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: andrewss]
    #8448127 - 05/26/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:

Other then a pretty mild trip with me once and a shit load of DXM in the past, none.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: andrewss]
    #8448131 - 05/26/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:

i would like to know as well...

edit: beat me to it. but from your answer, it looks like the lack of experience definitely contributed to the freak out. take it slow, get some trips under your belt before diving into the deep end like that.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male
    #8448149 - 05/26/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You know man...I've never heard of any in my family, but there is alot of smaller mental illness. Depression, anxiety, panic disorders, some drug dependencies and so on.(Glad I didn't get the drug gene, or I'd be fucked) Those could possibly be the surface of something greater, but he is the first person to experience anything that serious. I think thats why I'm so careful, and when I dose high I make sure everything is in place for the night. I really dont see myself as being unstable though, but better safe than sorry.

--------------------

OfflineBigP
Strangest

#8448180 - 05/26/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Definitely, better safe then sorry. Sorry to hear about your cousin though...that is an odd case.

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8448194 - 05/26/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

4.5g in the aftermath of dxm retardation is like, getting on your knees and praying for disaster....

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Re: People totally losing touch and freaking out..anyone ever seen this? [Re: zSDMF]
    #8448241 - 05/26/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, my friend last night freaked out. We were both in heavy time distortions. Going backwards in time, redoing the same things, my role was to try and keep him going. Kept having to tap him, and to bring him out. We kept having to call each other's name out. We were both 'losing touch' and we took turns pulling each other back. He couldn't get over the 'perma-fried' shit. I told him, just like you that isn't going to happen. Just stupid myths. Taking care of him was my bad trip. Kept having those time distortions, repeating the same scenario, but each time one thing was added. And it kept building like that. What looked like was leading to disaster for my friend. I thought by the end he was going to have to call this person (who I don't know) to save him.

I was in the same place, just trying to keep him together, and I couldn't just leave him, so my trip kept sucking harder than ever. Couldn't break the cycle without his help.

So how do you manage someone who is tripping hard freaking when you are too? I was sending good vibes, trying to keep him stable, but it wasn't helping. He said I helped him so much though, but it sure fucking didn't pull him out of his whacked thinking. How do you handle it in that situation?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract