Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleElementium
Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Lat3ralus]
    #8439753 - 05/24/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've a friend who will only smoke it while stoned, but then again he won't do anything if he isn't stoned, so I guess that doesn't really count. :shrug:

Honestly, every time I try a new substance, I go for it straight to really get a feel for its personality.  That's just my approach, though.

You're certainly not going to have some sort of seizure or something from combining the two, so it's up to you.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

In any case, good luck, friend. :rocket:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
    #8439783 - 05/24/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just smoke that shit you should have used a different tek if you wanted a purer product, but its fine how it is. I wouldn't worry about purifying such a small amount. Almost every time I smoked DMT I put on top of a bowl of weed and just smoked til I cashed the whole bowl out. Only time I didn't use weed I used tobacco cause I didn't have any herb. Trust me you will be so high on the DMT you won't notice the weed, and its nice to have a good herb high going once you comedown from the DMT.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

OfflineEndlessness
Nexus Refugee

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Gainer]
    #8440073 - 05/24/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

man, some people can say big crap. Totally ignore what some dude said about ´running some hot solvent over it´

ok so look, lateralus

that stuff looks a bit impure.. you wont die smoking it or anything, it just might be a bit harsh on your throat.. Yes I know the lazy man tek.. It´s called an STB tek (straight-to-base)..

ok so here it goes: do not do an ammonia wash!! no way! it gives problems to a lot of people, too much loosing spice..

now, how much spice is it, in weight?

here´s what you do if you want to clean up (it´s called ´recrystalization´ ) :

Weight the amount of dmt you want to clean up, and put it in a container (ideally small shot glass, or drinking glass or marmalade jar possible too). Boil some water in a pot. Put out the flames. Add 25ml of naphtha per gram of dmt in the shotglass/container with the dmt, and put the bottom of the glass inside the warm water (don’t let water go inside the shotglass/container, and be careful because the heated up solvent vapours are flammable, so no fire nearby). Move/swirl the glass a little bit, so naphta moves around and the dmt gets dissolved.
After a couple of minutes, the whole dmt will be dissolved, but probably a layer of some dark coloured goo will remain at the bottom. This is mostly impurities. You should simply pour the naphta into another container (or better, pull it out with a pippete and pour it into another container) leaving the goo behind. Add another, say, 5ml of naphtha to the goo and suck it back up again, just to guarantee you got basically everything of the dmt. Just take as much as you can without pulling the goo up together. If there is a tiny bit left, its no problem..
Now with the cleaner naphtha, close the container with double layer plastic wrap and put it to cool to room temperature for 20 mins or something. Then stick it in the freezer (the colder the better).

Leave it overnight (or anyways, at least some 8 hours or smt).. the next morning, prepare a glass with some filter on top of it or even better, a funnel in the glass with a filter... So take the container out of the freezer (it will be full of crystals stuck to the bottom or side) and quickly scrape the sides and bottom of the container with some knife or scalpel or something.. You should be quick (under a minute) The naphtha will still be cold, so the scraped dmt wont be re-absorbed, it will just be floating around on the naphta.. Then what you have to pour the naphtha with the floating suspended dmt through the filter .. The naphtha will pass through and the dmt will be on top of the filter.. So now just open the filter up, spread the dmt a bit and let it dry properly (careful the wind or something doesnt blow it away).. There may be some rests of dmt still in the glass that was in the fridge, that wasnt properly scraped.. scrape those rests and also put it on top of the coffee filter.. When its dried, its ready to use

now mind you, doing this will make you lose some spice (if you have, say, 1,5g, you might end up with 1,0g) but it will greatly improve your product, taking away plant oils and possible caustic soda remains, leaving your product much cleaner and whiter

Edited by Endlessness (05/24/08 12:25 PM)

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Endlessness]
    #8442535 - 05/25/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you, thats exactly what i was looking for, ill keep everyone posted on my process. I have to say, i now feel a bit humbled to actually have this opportunity, as it will be my first ride. I hope to bring something useful back for all of us.

--------------------
...push the envelope, watch it bend...

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

#8444302 - 05/25/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

...is there an easier way to determine grams, and ml, i dont have a scale or anything that measures ml :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8444318 - 05/25/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Can you determine mass and volume without a means of determining mass or volume? No, I don't think so.

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8444336 - 05/25/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanks smartass  :thumbdown:  , now is there someone that CAN assist me in my question?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8444342 - 05/25/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

No, seriously, I'm pretty sure that's the answer. If you don't have anything to measure the volume, you can't measure the volume. If you don't have anything to weigh it, you can't tell the mass.

If that doesn't answer your question, then what are you really asking?

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
    #8444402 - 05/25/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Lazy Man's tek is no good. I think it leave impurities (sodium hydroxide...). Acid to base extraction. Clean with sodium carbonate (just a pinch mixed with h2o). You don't want to smoke DMT with impurities, it will FUCK UP YOUR LUNGS. Never do chemistry half assed!

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8444803 - 05/25/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lat3ralus said:
...is there an easier way to determine grams, and ml, i dont have a scale or anything that measures ml :frown:

I know isn't the smartest thing but a dollar bill weighs 1grm maybe you could guesstimate it. I know this is not that great but im just trying too help. What tek did you use? Im about to make sum but ive read the lazy mans tek is no good that was the one i was gonna use. I need a good tek thats really easy and cheap.

InvisibleElementium
Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8444836 - 05/25/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I honestly don't think there's much wrong with the Lazy Man's tek.

When extracting from Mimosa there really isn't much need to do an A/B extraction unless you're compulsive about keeping out what little plant jizz there is in the root bark.

Most of the yucky stuff can be cleaned out via freeze precipitation or recrystallization, anyway.

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Elementium]
    #8445018 - 05/25/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey Norom, is there a ratio i could use of crystals and naptha when i do the recrystalization instead of a measurement?

--------------------

Offlinetimmeh_87
Scientist
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8445111 - 05/25/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

Lat3ralus said:

I know isn't the smartest thing but a dollar bill weighs 1grm maybe you could guesstimate it. I know this is not that great but im just trying too help. What tek did you use? Im about to make sum but ive read the lazy mans tek is no good that was the one i was gonna use. I need a good tek thats really easy and cheap.

Or perhaps if you are looking for a known weight, try using a coin :rolleyes:. Sounds a bit easier to weigh.

Still pretty useless without some kind of balance.

--------------------
Shroom up my rating if you think Im smart :laugh:. I'll hit you back if you seem cool.

OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Loc: ignorance is bliss
Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: timmeh_87]
    #8445168 - 05/25/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Get a 1mg digital scale. The average smoked dose is 25-50mg and you don't really want to exceed that without experience. If you are going to eat it the dose is raised but you still want to weigh it correctly along with an maoi so you can start small and work your way up. It is a very powerful substance and knowing how much you are ingesting is important.

--------------------
I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Run DMT]
    #8445186 - 05/25/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nvm, i figured it out, 1 Fluid Oz is 29mL, and a sweet and low packet is 1g. THATS what i was looking for. Desserts in the freezer!!!:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8445198 - 05/25/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:what: I assumed you knew that measuring fluid ounces tells you mL.  Welcome to the exciting world of unit conversion.

As to the sweet-n-low packet being 1 gram: Okay.  Do you have a nice balance to weigh your material against the sweet-n-low?  Becaus DMT crystals and Sweet-n-Low most certainly have different crystal densities.  The density of DMT crystals probably varies depending on the cystallization conditions.  So I'm confused where that's helpful.

Offlinetimmeh_87
Scientist
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: Run DMT]
    #8446446 - 05/26/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Run DMT said:
Get a 1mg digital scale. The average smoked dose is 25-50mg and you don't really want to exceed that without experience. If you are going to eat it the dose is raised but you still want to weigh it correctly along with an maoi so you can start small and work your way up. It is a very powerful substance and knowing how much you are ingesting is important.

Just want to say that I got a "1mg" digital scale for $25 on ebay, and it is most certainly NOT a 1mg scale. Its more like a 5mg scale with a threshold of 20mg. Not to hot for measuring RCs, but at least you wont accidentally overdose.

Be warned.

--------------------
Shroom up my rating if you think Im smart :laugh:. I'll hit you back if you seem cool.

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

Re: Mimosa Hostilis Extraction Yield [Re: timmeh_87]
    #8447774 - 05/26/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this is probably a dumb question,is .25 g the same as 25 mg? or would 25 mg be .025 g?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8447795 - 05/26/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

25 mg is .025 g (25 x 10-3)
0.25 g is 250 mg (.25 x 103)

OfflineLat3ralus
Psychonaut

#8447896 - 05/26/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup: thanx

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom