Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia
    #8400261 - 05/14/08 10:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This is totally ridiculous. Same old scare tactics in the newspaper article.
She gave a fucking 12year old a shot gun and Salvia. Come on, seriously? Then the newspaper even says they weren't sure if he was even on it. Then a quote states that he did as a fact. Retarded. So just because a parent is an idiot and gives a kid a loaded shotgun, they somehow managed to scape-goat this on a drug. It doesn't take a very smart person to realize that you don't give a psychedelic like Saliva to a 12 year old, and definitely not a shotgun too. God dammit this pisses me off.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=412008&r=0&Category=9&subCategoryID=0

"COLUMBUS Drew Bush was 12 when he died of a 20-gauge shotgun blast to his neck. Sean Slater, a 12-year-old friend, pulled the trigger.

Slater might have been high on Salvia divinorum or Sally D — a perennial, legal and cheap herb related to the mint family, with powerful hallucinogenic effects.

Shelly Bush, Drew's mother, will never know if Slater was on the drug, which was provided by his mother Jennifer Heimbuch Slater, who also gave her son the shotgun. Her son kept it loaded in his bedroom.

Bush might get some level of comfort by the passage of House Bill 215, which would ban the sale, use and possession of Salvia divinorum, nicknamed "magic mint." The Ohio House unanimously passed the legislation last month, sending it to the Ohio Senate.

Bush and her husband, Allen, contacted state Rep. Thom Collier, R-Mount Vernon, about banning the drug.

"It's a sad, tragic story about the loss of (a) young son," Collier said, "a loss due to the careless and murderous act of a 12-year-old boy whose mother provided the herb he smoked in a bong."
"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehamandcheese
Sandwich
 User Gallery

Loc: Next Level
Re: Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia [Re: Xeluc]
    #8841864 - 08/28/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Xeluc said:

"It's a sad, tragic story about the loss of (a) young son," Collier said, "a loss due to the careless and murderous act of a 12-year-old boy whose mother provided the herb he smoked in a bong."
"

and absolutely nothing to do with the more irresposible act of allowing a 12 year old to store a loaded shotgun in their room. ever heard someone say im so mad i could shoot some one? and why the hell are you giving your 12 year old such a drug like this anyway? its bad enough if a 12 year old is smoking... anything really. you do always need a good scape goat if you want to draw attention away from the real issue tho.

--------------------

Offlinejessicabush
Stranger
Re: Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia [Re: hamandcheese]
    #15146532 - 09/28/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

As the sister to Drew Bush I would like to say that I'm very sorry you do not agree with our choice and efforts to Ban Salvia from the state of Ohio, however, We will never know if the Child that killed my brother was on Salvia at the time of the incident or not, But from his testimony in court he had admitted that in the past he had done salvia on a regular basis and the things he said he experienced were terrifying and I do not believe that this is something that should be legal and available to our next generation. Our choice to do this was not only based on our experience but also on LOTS of research and talking with other familys who have been directly effected by the drug and also talking with people that have used the drug and their experiences with it. I do not believe that what happened that day had ANYTHING to do with salvia it had to do with something that was going on in that boys head. I do however believe that Saliva is a very powerful and scary drug and should not be allowed in our society.  And on that note, You may believe that I don't understand some peoples choice in lifestyle, and thats great thats your opinion. I myself have smoked pot as a part of my lifestyle for years, I however do not anymore (nothing to do with what happend). I'm sorry that your opinion is obviously pretty closed minded and without any experience or research to back you up.

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia [Re: jessicabush]
    #15146868 - 09/28/11 12:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

3 years 4 months

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia [Re: Xeluc]
    #15150843 - 09/29/11 01:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well you know at least we still have t.v.

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: Ohio joins the slew of states to ban Salvia [Re: Konyap]
    #15151312 - 09/29/11 05:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

if i understood you, that was funny.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale