Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING)
    #8342733 - 04/29/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier

By Sadie Gray
Sunday, 27 April 2008

A 17-year-old Iraqi girl was murdered by her father in an honour killing after falling in love with a British soldier she met while working on an aid programme in Basra, it has been claimed.

Rand Abdel-Qader was stamped upon, suffocated and stabbed by her father, then given an unceremonious burial to emphasise her disgrace. Police released her father without charge two hours after his arrest.

"Not much can be done when we have an honour killing case," said Sergeant Ali Jabbar of Basra police. "You are in a Muslim society and women should live under religious laws. The father has very good contacts inside the Basra government and it wasn't hard for him to be released and what he did to be forgotten."

A total of 47 young women died in honour killings in the city last year, Basra Security Committee told an investigation into Ms Abdel-Qader's case by The Observer. This is believed to be the only case of an honour killing involving a British soldier.

The MoD had no official advice for troops on how to behave with Iraqi women. The serviceman involved would not have been told that any relationship with her could put her life at risk, the paper said.

Ms Abdel-Qader, a student of English at Basra University, had struck up a friendship with a 22-year-old British infantryman known only as Paul five months before her murder in March.

She was believed to have last seen him in January, and the pair, whose relationship was innocent, only ever met while working at the aid station. The soldier was helping deliver relief to displaced families as part of his regimental duties. Ms Abdel-Qader was a volunteer worker.

On the day her father, Abdel-Qader Ali, was told of their friendship by a friend, he accused her of having an affair with a British soldier and killed her in front of his wife, Leila Hussain, and their sons.

"I screamed and called out for her two brothers so they could get their father away from her. But when he told them the reason, instead of saving her they helped him end her life," Ms Hussain said. She then left her husband and has since divorced him. She has received threats from her husband's family and is in hiding. She now works for an organisation campaigning against honour killings.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/girl-17-killed-in-iraq-for-loving-a-british-soldier-816301.html

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: downforpot]
    #8342756 - 04/29/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Islam :thumbdown:

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: robbyberto]
    #8342773 - 04/29/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
Islam :thumbdown:

:congrats:

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: downforpot]
    #8342823 - 04/29/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Man, these fuckers are going to be so free when we're done with them.

This is a good example of why I think we should grant full citizenship and a free boat ride to any woman that applies for it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8342860 - 04/29/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully the brits take this guy behind a building and beat him to death. civilian schmivilian.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
    #8342864 - 04/29/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Pile that on to the reasons you'll probably never see true democracy in Iraq. Those people have a completely different mindset and beliefs.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#8342867 - 04/29/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Fucking propaganda.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #8342879 - 04/29/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What, you don't think this shit really happened/happens?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleAlec_Baldwin
Reigning On High
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #8342891 - 04/29/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Good thing we Americans are far more advanced than that.

--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8342893 - 04/29/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

> What, you don't think this shit really happened/happens?

Of course not; Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance, and understanding of differing cultures, viewpoints, and cartoons. (sarcasm)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#8342896 - 04/29/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

No, not really. Maybe it did, I'm not saying it definatly did not....but I think there is just as much a chance of it being made up to promote hatred towards muslims thus supporting a religious war.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Seuss]
    #8342905 - 04/29/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

As soon as the aliens show up and show the world that they are indeed the gods we've been genuflecting to for thousands of years, the better off we're gonna be.  :smirk:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8342923 - 04/29/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I could be wrong, but I think it is actually a part of Sharia Law.

But like it or not, this kind of shit does happen in our world.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8342939 - 04/29/08 05:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
No, not really. Maybe it did, I'm not saying it definatly did not....but I think there is just as much a chance of it being made up to promote hatred towards muslims thus supporting a religious war.

ya i kinda got that vibe too

like how the brothers just started helping just like that, its hard to just kill a sibling so easily, even for muslims

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Coaster]
    #8342949 - 04/29/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Look it up. There are a ton of cases of even siblings helping kill their own sisters. Fucked up culture.

BBC NEWS
'Honour killing' brother jailed
A 19-year-old Turkish man has been jailed for nine years and three months by a German court for shooting his sister in a so-called "honour killing".

Ayhan Surucu had confessed to shooting his sister Hatun Surucu, 23, at a bus stop in a Berlin suburb last year.

Two other brothers were cleared of charges of conspiring to murder her.

Prosecutors said the brothers felt dishonoured by their sister, who lived on her own with her son after leaving a cousin she had been forced to marry.

The death of the 23-year-old shocked Germany and led to street protests by Turkish women.

The Berlin court's presiding judge Michael Degreif said Hatun Surucu was killed "because she lived her life as she saw fit" and had adopted Western ideas of sexual equality, the AFP news agency reports.

It was too much for me. I grabbed the pistol and pulled the trigger
Ayhan Surucu

Her killer, Ayhan Surucu, had told the court he shot his sister because he disapproved of her lifestyle and her morals, but added that he regretted his actions.

He said she infuriated him by saying that she had the right to live as she pleased and to sleep with whom she wanted.

"It was too much for me. I grabbed the pistol and pulled the trigger," he told the court in September. "I don't even understand what I did anymore."

Protests

Hatun Surucu was the sixth victim of honour killings among Berlin's 200,000-strong Turkish community in as many months. The German police listed 45 cases between 1996 and 2004 - with 13 in Berlin.

She had been married to her cousin eight years before in an arranged marriage, but had then run away - taking her five-year-old son with her.

The killing led to a wide debate in Germany about honour killings.

Muslim leaders in Berlin were at pains to stress that there was no basis for honour killings in the Koran. But they were also criticised for not making a clear condemnation of them.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/4905758.stm

Published: 2006/04/13 09:08:16 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (04/29/08 05:57 PM)

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8342958 - 04/29/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

A religious war started by the leader of one of the most religiously diverse countries in the world.
Right....
Besides, this was reported by a UK news agency, most of which are not known for supporting the war in any way.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

Edited by AScannerDarkly (04/29/08 06:01 PM)

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8342963 - 04/29/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

there is no honor in killing, unless its to save a life

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: DNKYD]
    #8342979 - 04/29/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Facts please, not propaganda news stories.

Video of american chopper gunning down unarmed civillians

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8342998 - 04/29/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

Why would you post that? From what I know they saw them throwing down a weapon in the video.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (04/29/08 06:15 PM)

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8343002 - 04/29/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A religious war started by the leader of one of the most religiously diverse countries in the world.
Right....

The US government is religiously diverse?

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8343017 - 04/29/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

Right....

The US government is religiously diverse?

The populous is, and whether you want to play victim or not the populous still holds a lot of power.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8343066 - 04/29/08 06:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

LOL
Heres the full video.

RPG at :30-:40, retard.
They're visiting a weapons cache.
Editing footage so its convenient for peaceniks is just as sinister as any lie the government tells.
Looks like the only propaganda is coming from you

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8343240 - 04/29/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the last guy was down, wasnt going anywhere, a valuable source of
information, like where the rest of the weapons are, at the point
he was shot he was no longer capable of being a combatant

they killed him anyway

of course our government wouldnt kill innocent people
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0524-02.htm

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8343245 - 04/29/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

I'd be willing to bet that any article that is brought to your attention on the topic will be construed by you as "propaganda". Regardless, here are a few:

National Geographic article
Honor Killing in Egypt (PDF File)
New Islamic Directions Blog

While I was wrong to say honor killings are part of Sharia law, this stuff does happen around the world and there is no denying it. Plug your ears, stamp your feet, and play the ignorance card if it tickles your fancy, but it does not change the facts of life.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: DNKYD]
    #8343320 - 04/29/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

While I was wrong to say honor killings are part of Sharia law, this stuff does happen around the world and there is no denying it. Plug your ears, stamp your feet, and play the ignorance card if it tickles your fancy, but it does not change the facts of life.

I never said honor killings do not happen, you are missing my point. These things may happen, and many more fucked up things probably happen. My point is that muslims are not the only ones who commit attrocities and you should not believe every "story" you read. It's all fucking propaganda like I said from the start.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8343504 - 04/29/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
the last guy was down, wasnt going anywhere, a valuable source of
information, like where the rest of the weapons are, at the point
he was shot he was no longer capable of being a combatant

they killed him anyway

Sorry to burst your bubble but an AH-64 apache is not a police car.
Besides, the point isnt whether or not the way the enemies were engaged was ethical, the point is that they were NOT unarmed civilians, and that editing the video to show no weapons or dialogue it is a LIE and a form of PROPAGANDA

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8343534 - 04/29/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
As soon as the aliens show up and show the world that they are indeed the gods we've been genuflecting to for thousands of years, the better off we're gonna be.  :smirk:

:lol: :tripping:

--------------------

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #8343593 - 04/29/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

as fucked up as it is, let them keep killing each other. if thats the way their society works, who are we to tell them they're wrong?

that's like them coming over here and saying that democracy is wrong and we need a theocratic govt. to the other side, it's ludicrous.

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8343596 - 04/29/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Quote:

I never said honor killings do not happen, you are missing my point. These things may happen, and many more fucked up things probably happen. My point is that muslims are not the only ones who commit attrocities and you should not believe every "story" you read. It's all fucking propaganda like I said from the start.

Agreed. Its only hardline extremists that really agree with honor killings. Most Muslims wouldn't agree with that. The Koran says that women should be treated fairly, with love and kindness, and they should be educated, etc. Its people who twist the meanings and only look at one passage to prove a point instead of the entire book that preach violence and hatred. And to whoever earlier laughed at the idea that Islam is a religion of peace... it is. Have you ever even read the Koran? Jihad means struggle, not 'holy war'. Greater Jihad is the internal struggle, the struggle for inner purity, and the struggle to do what is right. Lesser Jihad is actual fighting. And Allah provides rules for fighting in the Koran, fair rules. He says "kill them wherever they kill you", but to stop fighting when your enemy stops fighting you.
Try some reading and education over blanket statements about other cultures and religions. People equally all over the world are filled with hate and ignorance, its not a trait belonging to only Muslims, or all Muslims. I know several Muslims who came to America from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon, and this kind of shit (honor killings) disgusts them.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8343618 - 04/29/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Some people want to kill Islamofascists. Who are you to tell them they are wrong?

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8343635 - 04/29/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Some people want to kill Islamofascists. Who are you to tell them they are wrong?

But it's their culture, that's all. Everyone has their own cultures, lol.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (04/29/08 08:50 PM)

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #8343655 - 04/29/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8343756 - 04/29/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AScannerDarkly said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but an AH-64 apache is not a police car.

ever serve in combat?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8343763 - 04/29/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:
as fucked up as it is, let them keep killing each other. if thats the way their society works, who are we to tell them they're wrong?

I'm all about encouragement

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #8343774 - 04/29/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That was a COOL video if those terrorist getting shot

:minigun:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinepresto
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: niteowl]
    #8346013 - 04/30/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I love that video lmao...

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Coaster]
    #8346886 - 04/30/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

ya i kinda got that vibe too

like how the brothers just started helping just like that, its hard to just kill a sibling so easily, even for muslims

i dont see how it would be hard to kill a sibling if you are a minor,under sized,underweght and your father is a fucking psycho

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: alphabeatu]
    #8346907 - 04/30/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

given that violence is a part of every day life for most people in 3rd world nations it's not difficult at all

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8346912 - 04/30/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yep they porbably knew that if they didnt help theyd be joining her in a shallow rock grave

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, killed in Iraq for loving a British soldier (HONOR KILLING) [Re: alphabeatu]
    #8347457 - 04/30/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

if only every1 wasnt so desensitized by murders
although i hate censorship, i can see how it can be good

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8347572 - 04/30/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
given that violence is a part of every day life for most people in 3rd world nations it's not difficult at all

What about those that happen in 1st world countries?

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom