Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Starting an Indoor Garden
    #8314008 - 04/22/08 11:14 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Given that my student loan payments are going to be taking more than half of my monthly income, I'm planning to start growing a majority of my own food. I've never really gardened before, especially not hydroponic gardening, so this will be an adventure. I'm going to start with lettuce because, from what I've been told, you can grow so much lettuce so quickly that it could easily yield 3+ salads a day with just 2-3 plants growing for more than a season. So i figure the 5-6 that I can fit will most likely provide more than enough lettuce for me. Am I pretty spot on?

Also, I'm torn between a reservoir and ebb/flow system. I'm going to build it either way, and I've been told they're both about equally easy to get set up (though the ebb/flow will require a little more care and some extra equipment). Which is more expandable?

Can anyone point me to a good comprehensive book about indoor growing - specifically fruits and veggies?

Also, just for lettuce, does it have a flowering stage? I mean, its always green and leafy to my knowledge. So is it important to get flowering lights? If not I can just use CFl lights, right?

I know what I want to do, I'm just not sure where to start. I was looking at those aerogarden kits but they seem prohibitively expensive, and I don't like that I can't really expand it at all.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Starting an Indoor Garden [Re: wiggles]
    #8314142 - 04/22/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies