Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Cops, Shots And Shrooms
    #8230175 - 04/02/08 07:14 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

http://wweek.com/editorial/3421/10742/

A new federal lawsuit targets police who killed a man on mushrooms.

Give a 20-year-old enough magic mushrooms to make 30 people trip hard. Then put him up against three cops armed with Tasers, beanbag guns and Glocks.

It’s a recipe for disaster, and that’s exactly what happened 18 months ago when Jordan Case wandered into a stranger’s apartment, freaked out and was fatally shot by police in Tualatin.

Before he died on Oct. 22, 2006, the unarmed aspiring physicist was Tasered 12 times, hit with nine beanbag rounds and shot four times. In a federal lawsuit to be filed April 3, Case’s parents claim their son’s death was totally unnecessary.

“It didn’t need to happen that way,” says his father, Laird Case, breaking down in tears during an interview with WW. A Salem deputy fire marshal who graduated from the state police academy, he sees it as a classic case of cops relying on weapons over brains.

The lawsuit, to be filed by lawyer Steven Sherlag, seeks unspecified damages from Washington County, the cities of Tualatin and Sherwood, and the three officers in the shooting. Family members say they also want additional training for police on crisis intervention.

The Washington County district attorney’s office in November 2006 cleared Sheriff’s Deputy Glenn Howard, Tualatin Police Officer John Jayne and Sherwood Police Officer Adam Keesee of wrongdoing. None of the three responded to WW’s requests by phone for comment.

In interviews with police investigators obtained by WW, the three say they were terrified by Case, who showed almost superhuman strength and endurance.

“My level of fear is skyrocketing, ’cause he’s not responding to anything,” Howard recalled. “You don’t understand what that feels like until you actually fear for your life.”

A former cross-country champ at Reynolds High School in east Multnomah County with no criminal record, Jordan Case had been accepted to Oregon State University in fall 2007. He was living in Tualatin and working for $15 an hour in a warehouse to save for tuition.

Police who searched his apartment after the shooting found marijuana plants, mushrooms and instructions for making mescaline. One of Case’s friends, William Bradley, told police Case was “a self-proclaimed veteran of psychedelic drugs.”

Case’s body tested positive for psilocybin, the active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms. Bradley told police Case had about four ounces of shrooms in his apartment and had planned to eat them all on the night he was killed. Jordan Ruiz, another friend, said Case believed four ounces would be enough to give him a “mind trip.” That’s more than 30 times the typical dose of one-eighth of an ounce for a strong trip.

On the night Case was killed, Sally Arellano, a 29-year-old single mom, awoke on her couch to find Case standing over her in shorts and a T-shirt, waving his hands over her body as if trying to feel her energy. She ordered the barefoot stranger to leave her Tualatin apartment.

Arellano later told police she thinks Case came in through an unlocked door. Case told Arellano he was on mushrooms, started to leave, apologized, threw a pillow at her, tried to rub her pants, apologized again, then lay down on the carpet.

Arellano called 911, telling the dispatcher Case was on mushrooms. But according to the lawsuit, the police were never told that fact.

Arellano ran to her 8-year-old daughter’s bedroom. Case forced the door open, and they struggled, with the daughter joining in the fight. When Officer Jayne arrived, Arellano had Case, who weighed 128 pounds, pinned face-down on the floor.

Arellano fled and Jayne began his own stand-off with Case, who alternated between sitting calmly on a bed and lunging at the officer. At one point, Case touched a light on the ceiling and froze, saying “I’m right here.”

“There’s something about his eyes,” Jayne recalled. “Just real wide and, like, piercing, I guess.”

Jayne backed out of the apartment and Case followed, leaping a fence in a single bound (a feat Jayne called “impressive”). Case ran across the road and then circled back but ignored repeated orders to lie down. Once he briefly pulled down his shorts as if to urinate.

Backup officers arrived and pummeled Case with beanbags and Tasers. Officer Keesee told investigators he assumed Case was on PCP or some other drug. “He’s standing up in the middle of a Taser cycle, which was beyond me,” Keesee said. “I’ve heard it’s possible, but seeing it was just unbelievable.”

Case tried to open the door of a police cruiser that had a rifle inside, locked to a console. Howard fired three bullets into Case, but he still struggled to enter the car. “I remember thinking, unplug him, unplug him, we’re fucking done with this shit,” Howard recalled. He fired a fatal fourth shot to the back of Case’s head.

Sherlag says each of the cops weighed over 200 pounds and could have subdued Case. Instead, he says, they dealt with a confused subject by shouting commands and firing weapons.

“They should have called an ambulance, not the cops,” Sherlag says. “It was a totally avoidable tragedy.”

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8230203 - 04/02/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Wow... that sounds pretty fucked up... he was a LIGHT 20 yr old kid... pretty crazy that they would shoot him. Why cant they just take him down and cuff him?

:confused:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineJeebies
Male

Loc: Transgenic corn&beans, USA Flag
    #8230220 - 04/02/08 07:24 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

If he ate even half what they're talking about, I really feel sorry for this kid. I mean, he shouldn't have been wandering around some random lady's apartment, but my god, tasering, beanbagging, and killing a guy tripping his balls off is just not human.

It doesn't really say if he knew the chick whose apartment he was in.

Just imagine what was going through his head when he was being tasered? These stupid fucking pigs killed him, when it was obvious he could have been taken down without using such force. The article says he weighed 128 lbs!!! that's nothing. I could throw him across the room!!

This article is almost unusual enough to make me think it's fake, but I know cops are fucking dumb sometimes.

OfflineDarkstrand
Stranger
Male

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: andrewss]
    #8230236 - 04/02/08 07:28 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

There are two sides of this coin, the first involving the misuse and total irresponsibility of psilocybin mushrooms. And the fuckups who somehow made it through the police academy.

It's a sad story nonetheless, But what the fuck are you doing taking that many doses without fucking planning anything? Maybe a trip sitter or some shit might have prevented this from happening.

--------------------
Not Yet.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Jeebies]
    #8230241 - 04/02/08 07:29 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

^ Yeah... 128lbs, thats nuts, no matter what you cant really defy that limit of weight for strength. It would probably take 2 cops to subdue him and cuff him, I cant believe it was acceptable for them to shoot and kill him. That just seems silly. Cant say I was there, but come on, sounds ridiculous. Crazy stuff, perhaps that weight they said he consumed was WET and not dry?

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineJeebies
Male

#8230247 - 04/02/08 07:30 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

yeah, there's nothing like a little more bad publicity for shrooms.

At least it's obvious through the wording of the article that the cops, who weighed 200lbs+, could have subdued him if the woman in the apartment managed to pin him down.

This article reeks of bullshit.

can anyone vouch for its validity?

OfflineJeebies
Male

#8230254 - 04/02/08 07:31 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

I'm not even sure how someone could choke down 4 ounces of dry shrooms?

wouldn't you be incapacitated by the time you ate half that?

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Darkstrand]
    #8230263 - 04/02/08 07:33 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Darkstrand said:
There are two sides of this coin, the first involving the misuse and total irresponsibility of psilocybin mushrooms. And the fuckups who somehow made it through the police academy.

It's a sad story nonetheless, But what the fuck are you doing taking that many doses without fucking planning anything? Maybe a trip sitter or some shit might have prevented this from happening.

Totally agree.

However, the primary problem with the situation is that the kid was shot 4 times... I dunno how the hell he would even stay standing from a law enforcement taser, they drop the biggest men ever. I wonder if there is a video of the incident, because I have a hard time believing a 128lb dude could withstand tasers. Not to mention they could have wrestled him to submission.

But yeah, heavy doses need to be respected and precautions taken in many ways. :frown:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Darkstrand]
    #8230265 - 04/02/08 07:33 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

shrooms give you superhuman strength?

and whats up with the execution style killing makes me sad

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Take Salvia Cuttings Successfully

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

#8230271 - 04/02/08 07:35 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Obviously the kid didnt beat the shit out of the woman or her child, didnt it say they had a struggle in the residence, obviously that woman was strong enough to get him out of the house. I dunno, the cops shooting him just sounds fishy in light of the fact that the woman obviously could deal with him someway... Maybe that cop had a itchy trigger finger to kill a hippie??? :shocked:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisibleDango_Bill
Seven
Female User Gallery

#8230415 - 04/02/08 08:08 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

This is probably another case of the media & law enforcement making it sound like a lot more than there actually was.

He probably ate four ounces of FRESH mushrooms.

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Dango_Bill]
    #8230472 - 04/02/08 08:20 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

oh yeah you know i remeber this time i ate shrooms and i jumped over my house in a single leap

quote from top
"leaping a fence in a single bound " sounds like superman

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: Dango_Bill]
    #8230496 - 04/02/08 08:22 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

This story is so far from anything that could have happend i wont even speculate on potential reality.

--------------------

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: rodfarva]
    #8230517 - 04/02/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

lol 4 real it does sound a lil crazy

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

#8230636 - 04/02/08 08:43 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

If they thought he was on PCP then they would have just BEAT HIM! Hah. The shooting was totally unnecessary, they should have just handcuffed him and at least put him in a cell or hospital until his trip wore off. The use of that kind of force on a guy with such a small build is just inhumane. Perhaps the cops just didn't have their donut that morning. (?)

Offlinepazzy
Always Hardcore

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: asian_raggs]
    #8230729 - 04/02/08 08:59 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

A four ounce dose is pretty insane.

Why he didn't have a sober sitter on that amazingly large and pretty stupid dose is beyond me.

--------------------
Are you happy for a miracle?

:yinyang2:

Absolutely no source checks/discussions.

Offlineshortys316316
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: pazzy]
    #8230959 - 04/02/08 09:45 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

though i believe this article is complete bullshit, i can somewhat vouch for the superhuman strength...2 years ago i had ingested 7 grams of copes and i had many of the same experiences that occurred in this article...i was completely ignorant at the time but i also fought with 3 cops which ended in 2 taser cycles..the next morning, in the hospital, i was described as "superhuman"...this description came from a 250 pound black belt and i can somewhat remember my actions, mushrooms can do wonders...i was eventually dismissed from 2 felonies because of the harsh actions of the cops

InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Loc: Temple
Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: shortys316316]
    #8231083 - 04/02/08 10:11 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

I ate about 2 ounces dry and I weigh 130 so if he was able to become superman than why did I just pass out and have crazy ass dreams, man I wish I would have become superman Ive always wanted to fly. Oh wait, I did fly, in my mind.

--------------------

You will be missed

Offlinekody260z
Stranger

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: shortys316316]
    #8231138 - 04/02/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

It must have been Amanitas! They are supposed to give you superhuman strength, and were often taken before fights. According to Erowid, "Fly agaric is also the kind of mushroom that Vikings took to enter the "beserker" state for battle."

That must have been it!

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: Cops, Shots And Shrooms [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #8231139 - 04/02/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

that's one hell of a trip.

may he rest in peace, however he needed to be more responsible, it was obviously more than he could handle.

fuck the cops though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag