Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?)
    #8123913 - 03/09/08 04:34 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I've noticed that bad trips are much easier to trigger in cannabis than in LSD.

For me, to send my high into a low all it takes is one word, which reminds me of a bad memory... then my high is totally ruined and i over think that thought ad naseum.

While tripping, right off the get go i usually have a sense or pre-disposition for what kind of trip i'm going to have. If im in a good mood, i'll have a good trip, if im in a shitty mood ill have a bad trip, its as simple as that, i simply dont dose when im having a shitty week. While the bad lsd trips are far worse than the bad weed trips, the weed trips are very unpredictable.

Even if im having an outstanding week and a great day, got a brand new bag, get totally ripped, feel great, then bam, the wrong song comes on the radio, and im full of deppression and anxiety.

On the converse though, ill be having a shitty week, and nothing in my day has gone good, smoke a bowl, and feel *so* outstanding that it changes my whole outlook on the week and it ends up being a great!

Usually the things that bum me out are past memories (that in my sober life i've already come to terms with), yet re-surface when I'm high, tenfold.

Then i start to question actually smoking in and of itself. And how if it makes me feel bad i should just quit....i've sworn myself to quitting after a couple of tough experiences. Usually ill pass out and wake up the next morning feeling even MORE depressed than when i was high. it sucks dick.

What are ways that help you keep a good mindset while very high ??

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: Helpme1]
    #8123930 - 03/09/08 04:38 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Wow, I guess I just keep a balanced mind as much as possible and I never have "bad trips" on weed.

I've smoked weed almost everyday for a couple of years though so maybe it's a tolerence thing for me.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8123946 - 03/09/08 04:43 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I think that the best thing to do in this situation is be willing to work through your emotions surrounding the negative stimulus, rather than get caught in a bad trip you cn't terminate. Think about exactly why whatever song or whatever triggered such negative feelings... what's the source of those feelings? Is it actually anything concequential? Is it something that you actually need to deal with in the short-term? Or is it maybe a long-term stressful situation that you can't really do anything to resolve for a while?

Sometimes when I smoke I get the sort of intense negative emotions that you're talking about, but I never really thought of it as a bad trip... for me, cannabis just opens up my mind to consider things in a broader perspective. So when I get intense negative emotions when I high, I just consider that an opportunity to explore where I'm at, and what goals and motivations I might need to revise or work on.

Quote:

dill705 said:
I've smoked weed almost everyday for a couple of years though so maybe it's a tolerence thing for me.

^^Goes for me too.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8123969 - 03/09/08 04:48 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I only really freak when I'm smoking alone. It's amazing how unbalanced your thoughts can get when you're alone. If you're with friends the worst that happens for me is ill have an unfun time.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8123978 - 03/09/08 04:50 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
for me, cannabis just opens up my mind to consider things in a broader perspective. So when I get intense negative emotions when I high, I just consider that an opportunity to explore where I'm at, and what goals and motivations I might need to revise or work on.

:werd:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
    #8123987 - 03/09/08 04:52 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

where as i cant say Ive ever had a "bad trip" on pot, i do find myself getting more paranoid, and anxious when i smoke. This has surfaced only recently, as i too have smoked everyday for the last 3-4 years. I don't know if its do to the changes Ive been going through in my life or what, but it makes me not even want to smoke anymore...:sad:

As far as hallucinogenics are concerned i always find myself having an emotionally difficult trip, whether it be salvia, or mushrooms. My mind completely turns against me while tripping...

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8124010 - 03/09/08 04:59 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

never happened to me. almost got something close to an anxiety attack whilst high in class once but it went away quickly.

Invisiblebinarycircuit
Stranger
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: THEBats]
    #8124012 - 03/09/08 05:00 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

bad trip on weed? lol wtf

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: binarycircuit]
    #8124015 - 03/09/08 05:02 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:12 AM)

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Milk and Honey
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #8124028 - 03/09/08 05:05 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

dude no offense but stop being such a pussy, i don't even understand how it's possible to have a bad weed trip, like you should be able to handle that shit, and if you can't maybe you shouldn't smoke weed.

--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #8124029 - 03/09/08 05:05 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

bad trip on weed? lol wtf

Clearly you've never had two of my 8 "ounce brownies" where each brownie has the cooked butter remnants of 1/8 an ounce of weed.

Trust me, you'll have a bad trip, heh.

not me. shit I'll plug a kilo of bud and just chill. yea...

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: doitagain]
    #8124032 - 03/09/08 05:06 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

doitagain said:
dude no offense but stop being such a pussy, i don't even understand how it's possible to have a bad weed trip, like you should be able to handle that shit, and if you can't maybe you shouldn't smoke weed.

everyone's different and that is a very closed minded statement. though I do agree if you can't avoid a bad trip then maybe you should stop smoking.

Edited by THEBats (03/09/08 05:07 PM)

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Milk and Honey
    #8124034 - 03/09/08 05:07 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Helpme1 said:
What are ways that help you keep a good mindset while very high ??

Being very high is enough to put most of us in a good mindset.

--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: THEBats]
    #8124049 - 03/09/08 05:12 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Weed makes some people get down on themselves sometimes. Just a chemical reaction. "Bad trip" isn't the proper term for it.

You can either stop, smoke more often, get your life in order in every conceivable way, or sample other kinds of weed. There's usually something to be learned from stress, though.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: 04281969]
    #8124056 - 03/09/08 05:13 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Sometimes when I'm at a party being high isn't very fun because I'm not nearly as quick and witty when I'm high.

But other than that I just smoke until I pass out.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineThulsa Doom
Kosmokrator
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: g00ru]
    #8124095 - 03/09/08 05:23 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Ive never had a bad trip off weed.

--------------------

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: Thulsa Doom]
    #8124322 - 03/09/08 06:17 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

It isn't really a matter of me manning up, or "stop being a pussy".

It isn't like i freak out when I'm stoned. I said every once and a while a good weed high will just turn shitty and leave me feeling worse than before I smoked. And that the triggers are random and un-predictable.

It could be anything from a song that I like, to seeing a picture that reminds me of someone I used to know, all the way to someone giving me a strange look, or saying something out of the ordinary.

Although, like another poster said, when im with my good friends, we usually feed off of eachother and i have fun, feel confident and have an almost overly high self esteem at times, and the worst that happens is just an unfun/boring/untalkative hangout sesh.

It sucks when my favorite smokable turns on me and makes me feel bad :frown:

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8124367 - 03/09/08 06:27 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Hope your smoke outs get better man, try meditating :levitate:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinediox8tony
Stranger

Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: 04281969]
    #8124381 - 03/09/08 06:31 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

whenever i have a bad time, like you say, its because i am too hard on myself. i get paranoid or anxious. things in my past come up and ruin the time im having. and usually its with friends that arnt close to me. my close friends are no problem, i just tell them whats up.

ive wanted to quit many times from these experiences, but i like the bud too much(quiting never lasts long). i usualy take a brake from it and sort out the things in life that cause stress.

Quote:

04281969 said:
Weed makes some people get down on themselves sometimes. Just a chemical reaction. "Bad trip" isn't the proper term for it.

You can either stop, smoke more often, get your life in order in every conceivable way, or sample other kinds of weed. There's usually something to be learned from stress, though.

qft

OfflineBanana03
The 3rd Conchord
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: Marijuana & Bad Trips (and how to avoid bad weed trips?) [Re: diox8tony]
    #8124404 - 03/09/08 06:35 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I've never ever had anything close to a "bad trip" from marijuana.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals