Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBurningQuestion
Stranger
Female

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL
Light, Dark, and Dissolution [first trip - report]
    #8095625 - 03/02/08 11:00 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Dose: 3.5g, oral - Mushrooms: P. cubensis (dried), mixed w/ orange juice
[T -:30] 2 bowls, smoked - Cannabis
[T +:30]1/2 blunt, smoked - Cannabis + Tobacco
[T +4:00] 1/2 blunt, smoked - Cannabis + Tobacco
[T +4:30] 2 bowls, smoked - Cannabis
Body Weight: 110 lbs

Background:

How do I even begin trying to recount one of the most amazing experiences of my life?  First, let me give some background on my history of drug use and my motivations for experimenting with mushrooms.  I apologize if this post is a bit lengthy - if you would like, you can just skip to the actual trip report itself. :smirk:

I first started smoking cannabis only about a year ago, but the desire to alter my consciousness started way before then.  I met my great friend (and fellow tripper) Andrew last year at UM (University of Miami), and he was the one who first introduced me to cannabis.  So, Andrew and I have a history of experimenting with substances together, and he is one of my closest friends. He has tripped before and we had been discussing the idea of trying it together for a few months. 

A few weeks ago, he called me up and told me he had aquired enough mushrooms for both of us to have a pretty good trip (3.5g dried each).  We agreed to set the date for the weekend of March 1st.  We couldn't get together right away because I had to request the weekend off for my job, plus, Andrew goes to school in Miami (I live about 2 hours north). 

I arrived at Andrews apartment on Friday night.  We had a few different choices of setting.  We thought about taking them that night and tripping in the dark, either in his apartment or on campus.  We thought about tripping at the Venetian Pool (an incredibly beautiful pool and garden in Coral Gables) or the UM campus the next day.  In the end, we decided to keep it simple and stay on the UM campus, taking the mushrooms as soon as we woke up the next morning. 

Its worth noting that the University of Miami campus is absolutely gorgeous, even when looking at it completely sober.  :grin:  In the center of campus is a lake, with a beautiful fountain in the middle.  On any given (sunny) day, there are students sunning themselves long the shores of the lake and on the athletic fields.  The gardens and grounds are well designed and well taken care of.  Swaying palm trees, flowers, fountains, courtyards, and beautiful architecture are the theme.  Here are some pictures I took of the UM campus last year:

http://flickr.com/photos/team_716_pwns/sets/72157594385068793/

Also of note is the fact that the weather that day was perfect - temperatures were in the upper 70s, sunny, with a few high cirrus and a few cumulus, breezy, with low humidity.  Since it was the weekend (and a Saturday morning), there weren't alot of people on campus.  Most of the people that were around were either sunning themselves on the lake, playing on the athletic fields, or otherwise relaxing and enjoying themselves. 

So were we.  It was a perfect day to take our journey. :tongue2:

We departed Andrew's apartment with two bottles of orange juice-shroom cocktail at about 10:30.  This was after we had smoked a couple bowls first - toking up, then taking a nice hot shower is a great way to wake up! :stoned: A Already quite body-high from the marijuana, we walked from his apartment to campus feeling pretty relaxed.  We walked past the athletic fields where there was a rather large group of people cheering, playing games.  Andrew told me that it was Greek Week and the frats/sororities were having a sports competition.  Their cheering and joyful voices would play a part in my trip to come. 

We walked past the lake, through the UC, through the tunnel under the library, behind the physics building, and all the way to the other end of campus.  Here, behind all the science/engineering/physics buildings, is the campus arboretum.  It was heavily damaged during Hurricane Katrina (which passed over the S. Florida penninsula on its way to Louisiana), but still remains beautiful.  On the north end, there were a few bulldozers and workers, so we decided to stay towards the south end, where there was hardly anyone else around. 

Trip:

Andrew got out our bottles and we drank them down as fast as we could (we both had mostly-empty stomachs).  Mixed with the orange juice, it didnt taste as horribly as I thought it would.  Just a bit mushroom-y.  We decided to walk around a little bit to wait for the effects to set in.  We walked over to "The Pit" - which is a pit (manmade, not sure why it was excavated) over by the nanoscience lab.  Its probably about 8 ft. deep and has nice plantings around and growing on the walls of the pit.  Down the steps at the bottom is a table and some chairs.  We sat down for a while and chatted.  At this point I was starting to feel my body high intensify, although since I had already smoked marijuana it was hard to tell exactly when the shroom high really began.  I remarked upon just how beautiful and tropical looking the surrounding plant life was.  I recall admiring a little lizard that had perched itself on a rock nearby. 

After about 20 minutes we decided to get up and move somewhere else because the direct sun was getting too hot.  We walked back down to the southern end of the arboretum and picked a shady spot among the palms.  We decided to sit down and smoke a blunt.  We didn't finish the whole thing though, because at that point we were beginning to feel some of the effects of the mushrooms. 

The landscape started to change.  The swaying of the palm fronds was becoming more noticeable to me.  The contrast and definition of the trees against the sky began to increase dramatically.  Patterns within nature became so much more noticeable. I felt like someone was tweaking my vision with photoshop, in real-time.  I began fixating on the trunks of the Royal Palms especially.  I noticed how incredibly beautiful the patterns of the lichens and scars on the tree bark were.  The growth bands on the trunks were also especially appealing. 

Gradually this experience of watching the trees and shadows sway became more intense.  Color was becoming incredible.  The jagged edges of the palm fronds dancing in pattern against the sky was slightly frightening, but very beautiful.  Some of the fronds (the palm shaped ones) reminded me of many jagged hands waving around in the wind.  The PATTERNS of the palm-hands, the swaying of fronds, the symmetry, the colors of the trunks, and the sounds of the wind were becoming quite astonishing, almost alien.  Whenever the sun passed behind a cloud the mood changed a little bit.  I felt some prickles of apprehension and a little overwhelmed by the sight.  I closed my eyes a few times to take a break from the vision and moved closer to Andrew.  This made me feel better.  I told myself that I had to accept losing control of reality, and that I needed to just ride with it.  From this point on in the trip, I was able to make light of, and find humorous, all of the uncomfortable sensations I was feeling. 

Along with the amazing colors (the tree trunks looked solarized/rainbowy, each color reminded me of a jewel), I felt as if I could also sense emotional undertones along with them.  The shadows, the jagged edges, a menacing looking silhouette of a nearby bush - all had dark, slightly dangerous meanings to them.  But the beauty of the color, of the greens, the rainbow trunks, all the light and beautiful aspects of the scene - balanced and complimented the dark sides of the landscape perfectly.  I felt that I beginning to understand the the harmony of the earth - that the balance between dark and light is PURPOSEFUL and RIGHT.  We as humans are so concerned with eliminating all elements of the Dark from our lives.  We don't understand that true beauty is found in the balance between BOTH landscapes.  Coming to this realization gave me a profound sense of harmony and acceptance, and made me feel very happy with the world. 

Also beginning to occur were more distinct visual hallucinations, especially in my peripheral vision.  A car driving through the parking lot off to the distance would reappear 3 or 4 times in my periph after it passed.  Everything seemed to have so much movement, it was almost like the earth was whirring and churning.  I began to notice auditory effects too.  Lots of zooming and whooshing sounds.  Not too scary, but ever present.  They became louder as the trip progressed.  I think the wind that day helped influence the sounds I was hearing.  Also, I heard my voice echo and trail off, although only once.  It was weird and very cool!

I am not sure how long we stayed there in the arboretum, but after a while I decided it would be nice to move.  I was feeling a little chilly in the shade with the wind.  Also, although I had accepted the dark side to the landscape, I felt it would be nice to have a change of scenery.  I suggested we walk around a little and find another spot.

As we walked back towards the science buildings, the visual effects were still there!  The trees were just amazing to look at.  Strangler fig trees, with their amazing twisting trunks, created rivers of incredible patterns to look at.  Each object had so much dimension and pattern, especially tree trunks and bark.  The brick pathways also had nice patterns to them.  I found it amazing how the mood of my surroundings changed so much from sight to sight.  Walking under an archway of a building made me feel "tunnelly". :grin:  Andrew wanted something to drink so we stopped in the stairwell of the physics building to grab some water from the vending machine.  I felt so strange surrounded by the walls of concrete instead of the beautiful natural landscape I was in moments before.  I didn't like that very much and was glad to get back outside. 

During this walk towards the center of campus, I started to feel physical distortions.  Andrews arm around my shoulder felt super long and as if it was stretching far from his body.  My legs felt loose and long, like my bones were moving around in my flesh.  It creeped me out to be feeling my bones separate like that and it made me think a little bit about death.  But, I told myself that I have to accept these feelings -  because I am blending with the whole world, and that world includes death.  It is all still beautiful. 

As we walked towards the lake, my body started to feel more and more like what I can only describe as a Picasso painting.  Dimension and space was totally warped.  The path in front of me was getting wider.  I felt like I didnt know where or how large my limbs actually were, although I was still walking and moving perfectly fine.  Im pretty sure my trip was peaking at around this time.  I remarked to Andrew on how I can understand why many artists choose to use hallucinogens.  We decided to sit down by the edge of the lake on a bench in the sun.  All the while, the whole world is whirring, whooshing, and undulating.

The wind was somewhat strong that day.  It was blowing across the lake right towards us sitting on the bench.  It starting blowing us backwards!  I literally felt myself being blown away and dissolved by the wind.  I remember looking at Andrew, both of us recognizing looks of surprise on our faces as I watched him, and felt myself, be bent and swirled backwards into the wind.  It was indescribable.  Although at first I felt apprehension towards losing my body, I began to feel euphoria at the idea of blending right into the earth and sky. 

Because blowing off into the wind made sitting and staying put on that bench really difficult and weird, we decided to lay down on the ground instead.  I could feel the spray from the fountain sprinkling me with water, and I could hear the cheers and playful shouts coming from the athletic fields.  My legs began stretching and sliding down towards the lake.  I felt myself start to sink and blend into a part of the grass, becoming part of the earth.  I looked up at the sky - it was swirling, undulating, and the clouds were dancing.  The blue was so vibrant and deep it was hard to fully take in.  The sun felt more wonderful than anything (but I did get a bad sunburn from laying out by the lake so long.  Ill be using sunscreen next time!)  Everything was pulsating with beauty and light.  The sounds of happy people from the athletic fields made me feel like all was wonderful and right in the world.  The combination of the dancing sky, my melding with the earth and the wind, the sounds of joy all around me... was the most euphoric and blessed feeling Ive ever felt. I felt that that little spot on earth, the beauty of the University of Miami campus... was a little slice of oasis and heaven... and it was radiating human goodness out into the rest of the universe.  I was in an inherently good place. 

Not only did I feel sensations of melting into the earth and blowing off into the wind... I also felt the sensation of my limbs melting right into Andrew!  When he held my hand or put his arm around me, I would become absorbed into them.  Several times, laying next to him, I felt like my body was melting into his.  I also felt parts of me melt away on their own... like when I licked my lips, they dissolved and regenerated.  When we finally got too hot to keep laying in the sun, we walked back to the courtyard in front of the engineering building.  The courtyard is planted with tall royal palm trees, with blocks of stone arranged underneath for sitting.  We decided to lay down on one of these stones (it almost seemed to beckon us there).  There we looked up at the silhouettes of the trees waving in the sun.  The colors were so vibrant the trees appeared almost jewel encrusted.  Also, the sky was wonderful to watch as the clouds were still dancing.  I was in complete bliss. 

My thoughts/emotions were somewhat centered on Andrew.  I felt that he was like an ultimate male presence... protective and kind, while I had dissolved into merely a female force.  The idea of him seemed to meld into a combination of my father, my brother, my boyfriend.  Andrew is NOT my boyfriend (although he would like to be!), and our relationship is a little strained because I am dating another guy.  However, part of what made the trip so great was his constant, male, protective presence.  For a moment (I think my eyes were closed), I imagined his face, saw it "solarize", and saw Tytus (my bf) face appear where his was.  Every time Andrew touched me I thought of Tytus and the sensual responses he invokes in me.  I imagine sex might be pretty good on shrooms (provided your hallucinations aren't TOO crazy).  Anyways, sensual or not, I really enjoyed having Andrews arms around me. It felt like the embodiment of male friendship and love. 

I think we were past peak at this point, but I was still feeling very, very body-high, and colors/perceptions were still quite enhanced.  We decided to walk back to the UC to sit out on the patio.  We stayed there for a while, talking mostly about philosophical things.  I wish I remembered everything we talked about.. our trip was surprisingly talkative.  I am more talkative about what I am experiencing on shrooms than what I experience with just weed.  As we sat there, I enjoyed the vibrancy of the colors and the reflections off of the water. 

After sitting there for a little while, we decided to go back to his apartment.  Although I was coming down, walking indoors made me realize that I was still indeed tripping.  The walls of Andrews bedroom seemed to be moving towards me, even though they were stationary.  We decided to turn on the TV and smoke the rest of the blunt we had started earlier.  :jointsmile:  As I took my first hit and exhaled, all of a sudden the shroom high intensified once again.  I was startled and delighted.  Imagine what it would have felt like to take a hit while peaking!  Andrew noticed the effects too, and we finished the blunt.  We decided to keep on smoking...lol.  I couldnt really focus on the TV... instead I zoned out at the walls.  I saw some slight patterns in them, and when I didnt focus on them, some cyan and magenta tones would creep up them.  I also watched how the whole aura and color of the room would change when the sun went behind a cloud.  Not very intense, but still pretty cool.  I liked the feeling of being inside, like I had just come home from playing in the sun all day and I wanted to take a nap.  The whole experience had some very child-like feelings and moments - which I enjoyed. 

So thats how we came back to reality... smoking marijuana and relaxing in the cool calm of his bedroom.  I felt so incredibly good and happy. I felt that the day had been a wonderful experience in life, death, and blending into the earth.  I also felt as though I had learned that the world is an inherently good place (or at least my little slice is!), and that there is nothing to fear in dying and losing your body.  I let my body drift away into the wind and soil and become a part of the incredible beauty of the universe.  This was the most blissful feeling I had ever felt and am still feeling it today, the day after.  Out of all the experiences in my life, I don't think I've done anything that made me feel closer to being "spiritual" - until now.  I do believe I have felt spiritual before, but never in a church or while praying.  I feel spirituality in nature, beauty, joy, and comprehension of the universe. I think it will take me a while to fully absorb and understand the lessons from this trip. 

Although my experience was quite profound, I still feel that I have more to learn from the magic mushroom.  With a different setting, dosage, or time of day, the possibilities for revelation and delight are endless!  I will definitely do this again. :mushroom2:

Edited by BurningQuestion (03/03/08 02:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: Light, Dark, and Dissolution [first trip - report] [Re: BurningQuestion]
    #8097309 - 03/03/08 12:16 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Excellent write up, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as it reminds me of a wonderful trip I had last summer. Just so you know, the link to the photos is linking back to the trip report, and I would enjoy seeing them if you could link them again.

Spread the love  :heart: :peace:

OfflineBurningQuestion
Stranger
Female

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL
Re: Light, Dark, and Dissolution [first trip - report] [Re: Bernackums]
    #8097866 - 03/03/08 02:26 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Hey!  Thanks so much for taking the time to read the whole thing!  It feels nice to share my experience with others as well as read about their experiences.  I must say that I'm very happy that I found this community. :sunny:

Sorry the link got messed up, I must have been copy/pasting too many things!

Here are the correct link(s):

These are some of the more "artistic" photos I took on campus:
http://flickr.com/photos/team_716_pwns/sets/72157594385068793/

These are all of the photos I took last year on campus tagged with "University of Miami".
http://flickr.com/photos/team_716_pwns/tags/universityofmiami/

Imagine looking at these trees while tripping:

The textures and patterns were really remarkable!

Also, here is the lake...

That is where I felt myself melt and get blown away by the wind... all while watching the sky dance.  :smile:

Peace,
Jaine

Edited by BurningQuestion (03/03/08 02:36 PM)

OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: Light, Dark, and Dissolution [first trip - report] [Re: BurningQuestion]
    #8097978 - 03/03/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Wow, that would be, as you said, a completely euphoric experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck