Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic?
    #8092781 - 03/02/08 06:28 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I think so.

In fact I think that it induces an effect lasting much longer then perceived by most people and that it has a much more pronounced effect then most people might expect.

Not just visually either... I mean, whatever..., whenever I get high I can usually visualize way better in my head, even to the point of seeing patterns in my minds eye or pictures of whatever comes to mind and even see them still there with my eyes open.

I mean that its effects although subtle, are so potent that one hit can get one high enough to induce a psychedelic state unlike pretty much any other substance.

I get high of one hit off almost any weed... and I only smoke one or two more bowls to get a more prominent body buzz.
(which effects the mind buzz drastically so I often avoid it in certain circumstances)

I also think that ingesting THC orally through cooking methods also would prove my hypothesis as it steepens the initial rush of coming up effects and widens the scope of effects of the proposed "trip" that extends from about 1 and half to 2 hours to 6-8 hours; plus oral use may exemplify the come down or as I like to call it the come off, and help to understand the deep rooted perspective and perception shift from using THC.

This is all my opinion though and its not too importent... and also I dont know if anyone already proposed a subject like this and Im sorry if it was recent.

Edited by allisthesame (03/02/08 06:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAbominableShaman
AbominableShamanable
Male

Loc: Alaska
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: allisthesame]
    #8092789 - 03/02/08 06:40 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I'm scared shitless of bud. I have the worst trips on it... Its hallucinogenic for me, to say the least. Visually I see about the same stuff as Ketamine and physically I feel a cross between salvia and keta.

For example... I freaked out left my friends apartment, thought I could drive but couldn't... parked in the same parking lot only a few feet away towards the woods in the dark. Well, lets just say there was alot of entities starring.

Once I thought I threw up, pissed myself and shit myself all without about 5 mins time. But I didn't...

Another time I we smoked on the way to hooters to meet up with about 15 friends. We got there and I was so scared shitless I stayed in my friends truck the whole time. My friends kept coming out to the truck to fuck with me and I was freaked out so bad I wouldn't let them in. Everytime a car passed it made my head/body spin faster and faster and faster.

I was coming down of X one time and smoked and turned it into a bad trip somewhat. Spiders started falling from the ceiling and disapearing right before they landed on my face. Also saw a "darkness falls" ghost floating across the ceiling...

So yea, I would say bud is deffinately psychedelic... so much so that I will never smoke it again.
Yet I can handle the strongest of shroom, cacti & acid trips known to mankind.

I don't understand it...

--------------------

OfflineAbominableShaman
AbominableShamanable
Male

Loc: Alaska
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: AbominableShaman]
    #8092793 - 03/02/08 06:43 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I would also like to add... anything that hits me as fast as Keta, Salvia or Bud really scares the shit out of me and I ALWAYS have a panic attack (i think) on bud.
So it may contribute to the hallucinations??

If there was a way to make it come on slowly like all my favorites I think I would enjoy it...

PS - One big hit and I'm toast as well...

--------------------

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

#8092794 - 03/02/08 06:45 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Everyone's psyche is different... proper set and setting is still massivly important to have a good "trip".

But good that you stay away from it, because although useful a tool, very overrated and the feeling is so elusive anyway that you get wrapped up in smoking it all the time... like ME! :P

I need to take a break... oh well... as soon as Acid or Mushrooms comes around!

Oh man, btw oral use... cookies, brownies, cakes... it may be what your asking for... but maybe not. :P

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

Edited by allisthesame (03/02/08 06:47 AM)

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

#8092835 - 03/02/08 07:18 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

THe first time i smoked pot i hallucinated no doubt... hearing sounds and seeing my vision swirl. I find though that since i used mushrooms the marijuana high is alot more potent, and visual.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

Offlinesirbojangles
h20

Loc: inside a transparent eyeb...
    #8093231 - 03/02/08 10:31 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

weed is a psychedelic

i have no doubts about it

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: sirbojangles]
    #8093240 - 03/02/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I have no doubt that weed is a psychedelic for some folks.

Just remember this is not the case for everyone. Individual variability is what it's all about.

For example, weed is also non-addictive for some folks. They claim to be able to smoke day-in day-out for years and quit without the slightest hesitation or problems. But this is also not the case for everyone. Personally, when I abruptly stop smoking, I can barely eat anything for several days, my brain loses its ability to carry a decent train of thought, and my sleep is absolute shit.

OfflineSaintDunsmere
Novice
Female

Loc: Oregon
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8093333 - 03/02/08 11:07 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Weed became shockingly psychedlic after my first few strong mushroom trips... It has never left since.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8093352 - 03/02/08 11:14 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
For example, weed is also non-addictive for some folks. They claim to be able to smoke day-in day-out for years and quit without the slightest hesitation or problems.

Thats me.

Greens a way of life to me, not a substance. Meaning, a lot of your perceptions and thought patterns are altered...for the better in my opinion. Bout my green homey, cant take that from me.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #8093361 - 03/02/08 11:16 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Snowmansdsm09 said:
I would also like to add... anything that hits me as fast as Keta, Salvia or Bud really scares the shit out of me and I ALWAYS have a panic attack (i think) on bud.
So it may contribute to the hallucinations??

If there was a way to make it come on slowly like all my favorites I think I would enjoy it...

PS - One big hit and I'm toast as well...

Try a brownie dude! Those take like 45-60 minutes to start kicking in, and they're strong as hell.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #8093404 - 03/02/08 11:28 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Smoke really slow? Haha.

Vaporizers tend to hit me kinda slow, maybe thats just me though.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: anyone420]
    #8093555 - 03/02/08 12:21 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

some nice indica dom is really psychedelic to me
and i agree that it still has residual effects even after the high wears off, when i smoke on the weekend, my mind is a lot sharper, and clearer for the entire rest of the week

people who smoke daily miss out on some of the best effects, habituation is a bitch

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #8093575 - 03/02/08 12:28 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

i've found that through all the psychedelics i have done, weed 'alters' me a lot more now.

Offlinesoundtrance
di actyl more fien
Male User Gallery

Loc: ocala, FL
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: deranger]
    #8093625 - 03/02/08 12:47 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

i get some pretty kool closed eye visuals sometimes when i smoke alot and sit with my eyes closed and listen to the tv or music.

--------------------
"Our parents found themselves, we are finding each other"

:bigweed::mushroomgrow::cubie::mushroomgrow::flyhigh::lsdabc::tee:

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: soundtrance]
    #8093648 - 03/02/08 12:57 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

thee is one particular thing that happes to me, which i call the robot chicken effect (after the carton on adult swim, the randomness of this is equal to or greater than the randomness of the actual show)
basically random little cartoons play in my head, very strange and they change completely every 4 seconds or so, it can be quite enjoyable and a more than a bit annoying at times, this tends to happen to me more with sativa doms, specifically ones that are 60-70% sativa

i prefer indica doms mostly for this reason, because the robot chicken effect greatly disrupts my thought process, and indica is more of a visual psychedelic

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineIAMenlightened
GOD

Loc: FLA
    #8093786 - 03/02/08 01:48 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

allisthesame said:
I think so.

In fact I think that it induces an effect lasting much longer then perceived by most people and that it has a much more pronounced effect then most people might expect.

Not just visually either... I mean, whatever..., whenever I get high I can usually visualize way better in my head, even to the point of seeing patterns in my minds eye or pictures of whatever comes to mind and even see them still there with my eyes open.

I mean that its effects although subtle, are so potent that one hit can get one high enough to induce a psychedelic state unlike pretty much any other substance.

I get high of one hit off almost any weed... and I only smoke one or two more bowls to get a more prominent body buzz.
(which effects the mind buzz drastically so I often avoid it in certain circumstances)

I also think that ingesting THC orally through cooking methods also would prove my hypothesis as it steepens the initial rush of coming up effects and widens the scope of effects of the proposed "trip" that extends from about 1 and half to 2 hours to 6-8 hours; plus oral use may exemplify the come down or as I like to call it the come off, and help to understand the deep rooted perspective and perception shift from using THC.

This is all my opinion though and its not too importent... and also I dont know if anyone already proposed a subject like this and Im sorry if it was recent.

Id agree i didnt realize the psychedelic properties of weed for a long time.like you said images are more clear in the minds eye and the distortion of external reality is increased.I find that if i smoke alot once a week the properties are much greater.Ive been smoking heavy for a couple months and am about to take a break so the tolerance goes away so i can take one hit and be baked

--------------------

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hot Texas
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: IAMenlightened]
    #8094406 - 03/02/08 05:17 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Hmm...it changes my way of thinking. For example, when I drive, sometimes my mind wanders to the thought of "Man, wouldn't it be cool to just slam into that mail box." Then i say to myself...well...no, that would kinda suck.

Inner dialog kinda gets set free.

--------------------

Everything I have typed is purely fiction, and is purely for personal amusement.
All images I've posted are not mine and I am simply posting interesting things I found on the Google.

Offlinekillerthc
Memories
Male

Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: IAMenlightened]
    #8094490 - 03/02/08 05:41 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

IAMenlightened said:
Quote:

allisthesame said:
I think so.

Id agree i didnt realize the psychedelic properties of weed for a long time.like you said images are more clear in the minds eye and the distortion of external reality is increased.I find that if i smoke alot once a week the properties are much greater.Ive been smoking heavy for a couple months and am about to take a break so the tolerance goes away so i can take one hit and be baked

I agree that you defiantly see things as they are, i have had huge realizations with weed and they are all true, i find it interesting it shows me the way :laugh:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: killerthc]
    #8094700 - 03/02/08 06:37 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

FUCK YEAH it is.

look man, my tolerance is definately not as low as it used to be. But look at this, bro.

i used to get high off 2 3 hits max. i swear, for 4 to 5 hours total buzz.

not it takes a lot more than that, to get high for an hour or two.

but dude, fuckin i used to get RIPPED. I mean, FUCK, did I get high.

i definately had a few weed highs that were about the same as a hard acid trip.

no visuals, no colors, no sound changing. but fuck man, i got blasted, i was definately in another dimension and shit. FUck no joke, at least a bunch of times that i felt like, "holy shit, i feel like i'm on acid"

peace

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Marijuana, is it a potent psychedelic? [Re: imachavel]
    #8094996 - 03/02/08 07:41 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I'm gonna have to agree with imachavel, when I first started smoking I had some intense ass psychedelic weed highs that I would consider to be a hallucinogenic trip, it looked like it was snowing inside and such. I used to get insanely stoned, after tripping a bunch of times the high has changed, it is much less "weed psychedelic" and much more "acid/shroomy psychedelic", it is hard to put my finger on it, but whereas i used to not hallucinate, things would just sway back and forth, now i actually get colors and patterns. It is creepy at times, i've even heard disturbing voices and had OBE on weed. I don't know if i'm just extremely intolerant to the weed, or if im just getting bomb shit. But im sure that if it was just the weed then more people would be talking about this stuff as a legitimate psychedelic.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds