Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Benzo withdrawal help
    #7796057 - 12/24/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, due to a cheap, pure alprazolam powder source I found, I have been taking 1-2mg of alprazolam or the equivalent of diezapam or temezapem pretty much every day for the last 5 months or so. About a month ago I think I experienced dose specific withdrawals, my body was getting used to the drug and needed more to function. Well, I waited it out for a month taking 2mg or so every day. Life has been stressful as hell recently; I would take up to 5-8mg and enjoy a small coma occasionally.

I think its time to stop. I went cold turkey and felt fine for a day or two. After that I couldn’t sleep, shook like hell, rolled around so much my sheets were off the bed, was anxious to the point of near panic attacks, lost my appetite and became generally antisocial. After this I took 1mg to relieve the symptoms, they disappeared and a wave of euphoria came over me. The euphoria makes me think that my body doesn’t need a whole 1mg, I want to only take enough to fight off seizures.

So my regimen is to take 1mg or less every other day, which seems just enough to fight off the symptoms until I notice them again. Then slowly move down to a smaller dose every day. Is this a safe way to taper? I really don’t want to start convulsing. Has anyone experienced withdrawal related seizures? Can you feel them coming on? What do they feel like? Can something trigger them? I want to taper as fast as possible, I have some insanely fast acting liquid xanax that I can carry around with me incase I feel one coming on.

I would like to get into meditation for the rough times when I am riddled with anxiety. Can anyone provide a method of meditation that’s good for when your thoughts are scattered and flying a million miles an hour?

This is what I get for breaking the golden rule, no getting high off your own supply. Any help will save my life, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #7796454 - 12/24/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

man, youve gotten your brain into real pickle of a situation

i would reccommend that you go to a doctor and have them taper you off over the period of probably a few months

alprazolam is nothing to play around with like that, and i am sure you have already realized that by now

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #7796656 - 12/24/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, you have to back your dose off very slowly and carefully. benzo withdrawl can actually kill you. needless to say i highly reccomend going to a doctor to get this taken care of.....

alls how are you measuring your doses, do you have a mg scale or are you eyeballing your doses?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMasonry
Stranger
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7800064 - 12/26/07 03:06 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think its time to stop. I went cold turkey and felt fine for a day or two. After that I couldn’t sleep, shook like hell, rolled around so much my sheets were off the bed, was anxious to the point of near panic attacks, lost my appetite and became generally antisocial. After this I took 1mg to relieve the symptoms

Quote:

After that I couldn’t sleep, shook like hell, rolled around so much my sheets were off the bed, was anxious to the point of near panic attacks

Without sounding harsh or insulting you i want to give a definitive answer to that piece of your paragraph
Here it is, harsh reality knocking at your door.

DO IT LONGER, SUFFER LONGER, and it will go away.
You have instincts and you have chemicals all through your body.
You have Instincts. Youre an animal. The only form of animal on this planet capable of abandoning a gift.

1. Survival i dont know a man without it.

2. if u can manage through your dependacy of scraping up dollars which im fairly certain you have? then to quit, you need quit and you need to quit and suffer through painful withdrawal. Because thats the way it works my friend. Anonymus.

3. you posted as anonymus, so in order to help you im going to do educated guessing. With the consideration of your sincerity.

4.Youre afraid to sign up or log in
You planned not much into rechecking this because your hope for feeling the comfort of euphoria again is strong and other current issues push you back and you make excuses, promises to yourself that you are not keeping. Summary (quick fix is no fix)

The promise you make, keep it. Hold it. Dont let go of it. Suffer. Survive.

Quote:

quote I would like to get into meditation for the rough times when I am riddled with anxiety. Can anyone provide a method of meditation that’s good for when your thoughts are scattered and flying a million miles an hour?

Your best meditation for withdrawel would be to focus the energy and the desire and all of your ailments together ANXIETY, FRUSTRATION, ball it up, and make it RAGE and BURN YOURSELF OUT ON PHYSICAL PRODUCTIVITY. Make yourself so physically tired so you can sleep or at least stare at your sealing thinking what went wrong when the withdrawel starts kicking you back start RAGING AGAIN. dont hurt anyone. Its YOUR fight.
FIND A FRIEND AND PLAY THE ANGRY OLYMPICS ok man.

goodluck

one last thing. if you are phyically incabable, read wiki until your eyes bleed dont ever make another excuse for yourself.

-------
Masonry is a work in progress

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: Masonry]
    #7800211 - 12/26/07 06:57 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

regardless of what mr. masonry says, i doubt that he is a doctor, and benzo withdrawl can cause permanent damage to your body, even death.

Go see a doctor.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMasonry
Stranger
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7800332 - 12/26/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

sir i am not a doctor.
nor ever will i strive to be one. My weapon is my compassion for my fellow man.
And my tools, are based on raw experiance.

My intentions....To fix and to heal one person. One. So maybe that one can expand.

My medical history. None of anyones buisness.
However my opinions or different facts...i wont repute.
Unless proven wrong with a stronger believable point and that point. For me that point = no type of drug greater then a cigarette or a cup of strong coffee.

A friend linked me here.
He knows my intentions are good.

OfflineMasonry
Stranger
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: Masonry]
    #7800356 - 12/26/07 08:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Occasionly ill be stopping in. I want to ask questions. To help myself. To help the mentally damaged. But not to help medical buisness if you catch my drift.

That is all sir.
Ive things to read more on. Knowlege is good...
A fight, or argument i wont be a part of. But debates are healthy ways to hear anothers opinion.

Excuse my spelling or grammar i wasnt an english major-

------
Masonry of the free

OfflineFreeTim99672012
Stranger

Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8093213 - 03/02/08 10:17 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Take it slow. Try Kava Kava for your anxiety while withdrawing. Get some fresh powder, take 1 small teaspoon or less. It's a natural, non-addictive sedative.
Also, scullcap, valerian root, hops, catnip.

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
Re: Benzo withdrawal help [Re: FreeTim99672012]
    #8093261 - 03/02/08 10:46 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I took it for a year and tried to get off cold turkey, it doesn't work.
But normally I would take 10 mg's of valium a day. I cut that down to 5 mg's right off. A week later, I cut that in half. And a week later, I cut that in half. After taking only about 1 mg every morning for a few days, I was able to kick it. But I still had severe anxiety for a few months after getting off. It is not easy, but it is well worth it. Benzos are very addictive, and not something you want to be hooked on.
I dont think it's necessary to see a doctor though, just set some reasonable goals for yourself. Don't try to move too fast. The process will probably take at least 2 weeks, and could take up to a month.
Good luck.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale