Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
all my cakes have been contaminated and ive harvested all the shrooms that didnt have alot of mold on them. most of them had mold at the base of the stem. If i cut off most of the molded parts are the fruits still good ? on some of them i had to remove the entire stem because mold was on the inside, but the caps on those looked ok. so basically i removed all the mold from the fruits and only took the shrooms that looked like they didnt have anything on them... are these ok to eat ?
The amount of mold should be a lot less then. No one should eat rotten food - but it doesn't always hurt you either. Dry them cracker dry. Some pictures would really help you with this hobby also, especially if you relying on your communication skills to keep you alive
-------------------- "...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..." -Agar
Have you tried rubbing any of the mold off? Use a Q-tip or something; if the discoloration actually rubs off on the Q-tip, it's mold; if not, it's just bruising. Unless you've done such a test, it looks like that's just bruising which is perfectly normal and harmless.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: eris, RogerRabbit, cronicr 2,607 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]