Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
Newbie questions on Mushroom Hunting
    #7941281 - 01/27/08 04:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have a few questions about mushroom hunting. Im in southern california and with the recent rains ive been walking outside every now and then to look at all the mushrooms that grow in the closet thing i could call a "Forest" in San Diago.

ANyway im not asking if mushrooms that are "Active" grow in southern california because i have a pretty clear answer to that and with being on probation.....its probally smart to leave that "Subject" out of my life for a while.

But i Still have a intrest in the hobbie! Mushrooms are cool. Some will send you on a Journey. Others will give you gas or put you in a deep sleep! And some will fuck my life up permenetly! Anyways enough backround info.

#1 Looking for diffrent mushrooms in my Area ive found a good amount. Im color blind (Red Green) and im wondering if this will be a problem?

#2 Will i get sick from touching mushrooms? If i found a Death Cap and start picking it up, is there any Risk? (Skin/mushroom Contact?)

#3 How many hours would you spend Researching, asking questions, or studying this hobbie before you even considered biting into a Mushroom? I read somewhere on this site (I believe) that I should expect to spend several hours trying to get a positive ID for identifying my first mushroom.....then expect it to be wrong :tongue2:
Would you say thats true?

#4 Whenever i go "Mushroom Scouting" I think its awsome to see a Big Perfect shaped white mushroom, or trippy clear grey colored one. Its like finding a $1 bill on the ground.

Whats the closest thing you could describe the feeling you get when you stumble on a whole patch of Active Mushrooms? :laugh:

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Newbie questions on Mushroom Hunting [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #7941797 - 01/27/08 06:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Spiritual Seeker, you might not have read through the Mushroom Hunting Rules and Mushroom Hunting Frequently Asked Questions, used the Search Engine and all that good stuff. But I will try my best to answer some of your questions and then lock it because you need to read the rules first.

If you are being drug tested you can still consume psychoactive mushooms and not test positive for anything.

I am not color blind, but I have heard of people with that having difficulty discerning the various colors (obviously). Have someone else look at them maybe.

No you will not get sick from touching any mushrooms. There is no risk in handling a Death Cap, just do not eat and swallow them. I guess there are Stink Horns that will cause a rash on some peoples skin if handled. And the other one I know about is Jack O Lanterns make some peoples skin burn after handling them but it can just be washed off. There might be a couple more but nothing all too dangerous. For the most part, maybe only 1% of the mushroom species that grow on the planet are deadly poisonous, and maybe 10 or more percent will make you sick if consumed, or consumed in the wrong ways adds to that percentage, and other odd variables add to that percentage also.

I would recommend spending 1-3 years studying mushrooms every day before a person can confidently consume anything that they find. And after 8-10 years you might find that half of the things you were eating were kind of risky or you did not identify as correctly as you once thought. And after 30 years of studying them some people will decide they were not being cautious enough and stop eating wild mushrooms all together. A good starting point for that is to research "Mushroom Poisoning" and "Allergic Reactions" and "Developing a Sensitivity to consuming otherwise Edible Mushrooms". I would also recommend researching "Medicinal" mushrooms.

I would describe finding Active Mushrooms on your own as "Healthy" or "Human" experiences.

Good luck, You can research the rest. All of your other basic answers are already here at the Shroomery.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Newbie questions on Mushroom Hunting [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #7941825 - 01/27/08 06:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Read the rules before creating another topic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract