Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolis tropicalis (cyan?) on horse poo. (8-11) [Re: Anno]
    #814269 - 08/13/02 05:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've been thinking about the pinsets. I think that knowing your strain or isolate is very important. If you have a strain that shows too much variability with multispore, then it is important to make an isolate. Proper maintenance of the tray before initation is very important. Water content and patching are most important now. Dude keeps his casing often beyond field capacity, but always fans vigorously after a spraying. you want to patch any areas of mycelium that are dense. If you have more than a tiny bit of mycelium at each patch, you want to sprinkle some casing. Then when there are a bunch of areas of a very little mycelium showing it is time for initiation. It is now time for initiation or coldshock. whichever you prefer. This is going to be different for strains that take longer to pin. The B+ strain dude has seems to pin (i believe it is 4 days after initiation begins).

When initiation starts, I think the air exchanges are the most imortant factor. This is why dude leaves his coolmiost on 24-7. He doesn't want to just worry about the humidity, at the expense of air exchanges. So what he does is hold the air exchanges constant and use another method to reduce humidity. He uses holes in his terrarium. Pretty much randomly placed around the terrarium, covered during initiation to keep the humidity very high. Then he takes the tape off to reduce the humidity, during growth.

Heat actually seems to be the least important factor (again, for this specific strain). With this method dude often gets nice flushes. He has some pink buffalos going now, but they are not following this regimen well at all. The determining factor can often be the strain.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolis tropicalis (cyan?) on horse poo. (8-11) [Re: Olgualion]
    #816686 - 08/14/02 04:00 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

updated again last night.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #816876 - 08/14/02 06:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>I am very happy to see dude get a flush like this

I can imagine this....

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #825393 - 08/18/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is better than the 1 mushroom he got last time! lol

He was only able to get was a few caps to drop a small bit of spores. And the tray is gone.. It had a little green on it after harvest. But he has another 4 or 5 cc's of multispore left.

Any tips for getting these guys to drop nice prints? Best time?

** I'm going to mark the log complete **

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineMillencolin
journeyman
    #829208 - 08/19/02 08:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've gotta say, I'm very, very, impressed! Looks like they've turned out even better than would have hoped. Congratulations.

--------------------
I saw you today on the number twelve bus,
you were going my way

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #837611 - 08/23/02 06:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Man those stems are shinny, looks like there's a wave of silver in there. They may be skinny but thats an amazing pin-set!!!!

Maybe i missed it(probably) but what was the casing layer made of? Are you going to give us a 2nd flush update?

5 mushrooms for you!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Edited by Fd3000 (08/23/02 06:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale