Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis
    #7573180 - 10/29/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It is thought that the ancestors of dolphins lived on land in a time long past. Once the ancestors of dolphins started living in water, they found out that the medium of water was hard to see through – an object 10-15 meters away is the farthest a dolphin’s eyes can see even if waters are crystal-clear, not to mention dark or murky waters. So the ancestors of dolphins decided to possess an ability that would enable them to “see” with their ears by listening to echoes. Sound waves travel through water at a speed of 1.5 km/sec, which is almost five times faster than sound traveling through air.

A person of enlightenment used to consider himself the crown of the Creation since he was the only one who possessed reason. In the second part of the 20th century scientists started debating the issues relating to a dolphin’s intellectual powers.

Professor A. Portman at the Basel-based Institute of Zoology (Switzerland) came up with a scale for measuring intellect. A human being (214 points) was found to be the smartest creature of all. A dolphin was a runner-up with 195 points. An elephant (150 points) was rated as No 3. An ape arrived fourth with 63 points.

The following fill the slots at the bottom of the scale: a zebra (42 points); a giraffe (38 points); a fox (28 points). A hippopotamus scored only 18 points, and therefore was classified as the stupidest creature under the sun.

American neurophysiologist John Lilly has conducted experiments involving dolphins for many years. The scientist worked at his laboratory located on St. Thomas, an island of the Virgin Islands of the United States. The results of his research enabled Lilly to reach the following conclusion: the dolphin will the first living creature on Earth to establish conscious contact with the human being. That is the reason why the dolphin has a large brain with the cerebral cortex, a complex language and an ability to communicate displaying quickness of intelligence. A dolphin brain and a human brain seem to be two of a kind when it comes to certain brain characteristics e.g. the ratio of its weight to the body mass, the intricately folded cerebral cortex. Incidentally, humans use the above characteristics to prove intellectual superiority of the human race.

Lilly is confident that scientists will make enormous progress in many fields once verbal contact between humans and dolphins is established. Dolphins will be no longer used as guinea pigs. They will turn into scientists’ colleagues, making contributions to scientific progress.

“A dolphin brain is much larger that that of a human being. And dolphins use a very complex language while communicating,” Dr. Huskeway said. Dolphins have an inexplicable attachment to humans. There are dozens documented accounts about dolphins saving humans who suffered shipwreck. At a time when they lived on land, their intellectual development was probably even higher than that of the people from whom modern humans descended. The discovery helps us see the Golden Age myths in a new light. Almost every nation of the world had a myth of the Golden Age. The myth centers on a civilization whose members controlled the world in days of old. A great civilization of Atlantis, an island that is said to have existed in the Atlantic Ocean and to have sunk beneath the sea, is mentioned in the works of Aristotle and other scholars of ancient Greece.

Dolphins produce clicking sounds (localization pulses) to make the sound waves bounce off objects in the water and return to the dolphin in the form of an echo.

High-frequency sounds do not travel far in water. Low-frequency sounds travel farther because of their longer wavelength and greater energy. Echolocation is used by dolphins for determining distance to a very small target (5-10 cm) within close range (5-10 m). It is thought that dolphins can locate shoals of fish at an intermediate range (up to several hundred meters) by using echolocation.

Recent studies of Australian scientists indicate that Atlanteans, the people who lived on a legendary island first mentioned by Plato, may have been the ancestors of dolphins.

“No matter how weird it may appear, dolphins used to have two legs and a couple of arms in place of fins. They lived side by side with the people of the Stone Age,” said Dr. Leslie Huskerway, a biologist.

Researchers at Melbourne University conducted a research into the human DNA and that of marine mammals. Using comparison as a method of study, researchers found that the dolphin was the nearest relation of the human being. The dolphin may have parted company with Homo sapiens some 250 thousands years ago. Scientists have long known that the creatures had lived on land in the distant past. Their highly developed intellectual powers have always intrigued researchers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Middleman]
    #7573226 - 10/29/07 02:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think it is probably more likely that dolphins have a more developed brain because of their ecological niche. They adapted to eat small fish, and as a result, their size decreased. This led the dolphin to need to cluster into groups, and groups require communication between their members in order to be successful.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: xFrockx]
    #7573300 - 10/29/07 03:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This was a very interesting read, thanks for posting it.

I saw a documentary about dolphins where dolphin trainers somehow communicated a command for two dolphins to create a new acrobatic jump out of the pool they were swimming in. The dolphins went under water, and after vocalizing with each other for a few seconds, proceeded to do a unique back flip, perfectly in sync with one another; this flip was one that they had never done before. In essence, they communicated with each other and co-created a novel acrobatic display in the span of a few seconds. And this is a fairly common occurrence. That really blew me away.

Another thing I've heard is that dolphins refer to other dolphins in the third person. In some dolphin pods each member has its own name or vocalization string, and dolphins refer to other dolphins amongst themselves even when the dolphin being referred to isn't around!

They have complex social organization, and like humans they have a darker side. A fairly common practice in pods is for two males to corner a female and lead her by intimidation away from the pack, where they proceed to fight over which of them will impregnate her. This sounds more or less like your average frat party.

Anyway, thanks again for posting. I've been hearing John Lilly's name a lot recently. Where should I start if I want to pick up something he's written?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Lion]
    #7573441 - 10/29/07 03:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Glad you liked it. I saw that documentary, was that the one where they had different props and basically proved they had ESP?
They were telling the dolphins to "improvise" and the pair did everything in sync, right?

Lilly's wrote all kinds of books on very different subjects, Center of the Cyclone and Programming the Human Biocomputer are pretty good, I've never read his dolphin stuff.

Here's a great story about Lilly's dolphins by Ram Dass, it's better to hear Ram tell it but the .mp3 is too big...

David: Could you share with us the experience you had swimming with John
Lilly's dolphins?

Ram Dass: (long pause) I went with my friend to Redwood City, Marineworld
because I had been invited by John and Toni Lilly to swim with Joe and
Rosie. It was a cold, grey day. I stood on the edge of the tank and I
thought, "I'm too old for this. I don't want to swim with the dolphins
anyway!" (laughter) The problem was that everyone was standing around
watching to see what Ram Dass would do with the dolphins. It was a real drag.

So I get into the water, and as the dolphins go by me I realize that they're
much bigger than I thought they would be - and I could feel their power.
Then one of them, Rosie, began just hovering right next to me, so I reached
out to touch her. Now in my model, if it's got a tail it's a fish, and when
you touch fish they go away - but she didn't go away. Then I ran my hand
down her back. It was the silkiest thing I had ever touched. It was like
water with form. A thrill went through me. Still she didn't move.

Suddenly I realized that she had opened to the contact. The recognition that
her consciousness was right there, allowing me to do that, did the same
thing to me as Maharaji's "spleen" (of course, my mind is much more blowable
by this time - I'm ready to remember.) Up until then I'd been thinking, what
am I supposed to do with the dolphin? But while I was touching her, I gave
up and my heart just opened.

When that happened, she flipped until she was upright right in front of me.
My heart was so open that I leaned forward and kissed her on the mouth.
Unstead of pulling back, she started insinuating her body into mine. I was
going into ecstasy, I was saying, "oh Rosie, oh Rosie," (laughter) and I
started to get an erection. Then the thought occurred to me, "is this
legal?" And all the time I'm smiling and everyone is watching to see what
Ram Dass is doing with the dolphins.(laughter)

Then she swam around and came in under my arm, and I thought I'd really like
to swim with her. I grabbed her dorsal fin and she went down and my hand
slipped off the fin, so she came back and I grabbed it again. I didn't want
to grab it too hard because I didn't want to hurt her. She went down and it
slipped off again, and she kept coming back under my arm. So I thought, what
I really want to do is to hold her underneath the stomach, so I grabbed a
fin and I held her.

She went down and she was very active so I thought, I must be bugging her so
I let go and I came to the surface and she came right in underneath my arm
again. So I grabbed her and held on and we started to go wild through the
tank. It was just incredible! I got to the point where my breath started to
give out and I thought, Rosie, this is lovely, but I'm one of the those
other creatures! And with that thought, she immediately came to the surface
while I got a breath and we went back down. This went on several times.

Once we came up and people were taking photographs. I got to hamming for the
camera and I forgot to take a breath and she went down. I thought, this is
where we part company Rosie, and she came right up so I could get air. Then
I started to get so cold that I was blue and shaking. She pulled away from me and
went and got Joe and they both nosed me over to the platform and out of the tank.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7573455 - 10/29/07 04:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It was my understanding that they evolved from dog-like creatures. It doesn't seem too difficult to think that high brain capacity could evolve independently. I'd like to see this DNA research they did, especially considering how remarkably short a time 250,000 years is in evolutionary time for such radical changes to take place. Interesting read, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cetaceans

--------------------

Edited by Silversoul (10/29/07 04:07 PM)

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#7573495 - 10/29/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That is such a heart-warming story. :inlove:

My uncle and I once swam out to a group of wild dolphins, but a lifeguard called us in to the beach right as we got within about five feet of them.  It would be amazing to spend time with such conscious and beautiful creatures.  Not that humans aren't conscious and beautiful, but they're not as beautiful.

I don't know what it is about Ram Dass, man.  Even just reading his words transcribed makes me feel more conscious and more loving.  When I feel down I sometimes just log on to his MySpace and look at the picture of him smiling, with the caption "love, serve, remember... be here now", and Krishna Das's 'Mere Gurudev' playing in the background.  It is an instant boost.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7573561 - 10/29/07 04:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Humans are just as beautiful, but not as conscious, imo.

I just downloaded a ton of Ram Dass lectures, if you want I'll send them to you.

I met him not long after his stroke, it was a very difficult night, he was so frustrated.
After watching the documentary "Fierce Grace" I understand why, he said he failed at dying properly.

He's made great progress with speaking since then, I'd like to go to one of his retreats in Hawaii.

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #7573583 - 10/29/07 04:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

John Lilly made leaps and bounds in decoding the language of the dolphins by slowing down their vocalizations tenfold. He had some very interesting experience with the dolphins in communion with his isolation tank experiments as well. In his later years, word has it he would spend hours on end watching videos of dolphins, like an average joe would watch television, and totally understand them through their mannerisms and vocalizations.
Unfortunately, Dr. Lilly seems to get disregarded nowadays, likely due to certain things that happened in his ketamine days. What people do'nt realize is that he was an explorer in the true sense of the word. He went to extremes to expose new vistas for the progression of humanity no matter the cost to his own body. Along with R.A.W., Leary, and Christopher Hyatt, he was one of the first people to encourage the model of the human brain as a programmable bio-computer in a clear language(this viewpoint has existed for æons, but was always shrouded in mystique). His writing is a bit dry on occasion but he really was a fascinating person who demands more respect than he is currently given.
93 93/93

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: lavod]
    #7573600 - 10/29/07 04:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Word up lavod.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7574108 - 10/29/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That is a neat story....  :thumbup:
I haven't seen dolphins live since I was a kid at some Sea-World attraction....
It would be fucking spectacular to be able to swim with a dolphin like described in that story....    :smile:
(minus the erection part)    :smirk:

It would also be neat to test the transmitting thoughts thing.... 
Obviously....!    :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7574150 - 10/29/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Speaking of the erection part of the account...  In Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries he talked about it being fairly common that men who lived along certain parts of the Amazon River would catch female river dolphins and have sex with them.  This was because the dolphins' vaginas are anatomically very similar to human women's - with one major difference: for a man to pull his penis out of the dolphin's vagina, he has to kill the dolphin so that a certain muscle relaxes.  Otherwise his junk is stuck.  Kind of sad cause the river dolphins are majestic creatures and now they're technically extinct (not just because of that, but still). :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#7574164 - 10/29/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
Kind of sad cause the river dolphins are majestic creatures and now they're technically extinct (not just because of that, but still). :frown:

I believe it's the Chinese river dolphin that's extinct, not he Amazon one(although all river dolphins are endangered).

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Silversoul]
    #7574170 - 10/29/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think you might be right. I was pretty sure I had seen an article saying that their numbers have dwindled so much that they are for all intents and purposes extinct. Now I'm not so sure.

--------------------

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #7574340 - 10/29/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thats really interesting

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #7574729 - 10/29/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This was an interesting read, but I have a hard time believing dolophins once walked on land. Are there any fosils of such a creature? If it is true they must have looked really weird.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Shnezbit]
    #7574798 - 10/29/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
This was an interesting read, but I have a hard time believing dolophins once walked on land. Are there any fosils of such a creature? If it is true they must have looked really weird.

It is widely accepted by scientists that dolphins evolved from land mammals that looked something like this:

The stuff about them being humans from Atlantis, not so much.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Silversoul]
    #7575468 - 10/30/07 05:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah ok take your logic to P+S, this forum is for illogical FUN.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7575474 - 10/30/07 05:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
Speaking of the erection part of the account...  In Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries he talked about it being fairly common that men who lived along certain parts of the Amazon River would catch female river dolphins and have sex with them.  This was because the dolphins' vaginas are anatomically very similar to human women's - with one major difference: for a man to pull his penis out of the dolphin's vagina, he has to kill the dolphin so that a certain muscle relaxes.  Otherwise his junk is stuck.  Kind of sad cause the river dolphins are majestic creatures and now they're technically extinct (not just because of that, but still). :frown:

That's fucked up, I've heard river dolphins are Shamans...

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: lavod]
    #7576070 - 10/30/07 10:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
John Lilly made leaps and bounds in decoding the language of the dolphins by slowing down their vocalizations tenfold. He had some very interesting experience with the dolphins in communion with his isolation tank experiments as well.  In his later years, word has it he would spend hours on end watching videos of dolphins, like an average joe would watch television, and totally understand them through their mannerisms and vocalizations.
Unfortunately, Dr. Lilly seems to get disregarded nowadays, likely due to certain things that happened in his ketamine days. What people do'nt realize is that he was an explorer in the true sense of the word.  He went to extremes to expose new vistas for the progression of humanity no matter the cost to his own body. Along with R.A.W., Leary, and Christopher Hyatt, he was one of the first people to encourage the model of the human brain as a programmable bio-computer in a clear language(this viewpoint has existed for æons, but was always shrouded in mystique). His writing is a bit dry on occasion but he really was a fascinating person who demands more respect than he is currently given.
93 93/93

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Icelander]
    #7585877 - 11/01/07 10:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've always placed dolphins in high regard.

I believe they, and whales, hold the true secrets of the world.

And i also believe that they orginiated on land. That is why they have blow holes.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#7594085 - 11/04/07 10:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have a PM from you saying that we can try and disprove or argue any idea presented in this forum. So I am puzzled as to why you would say that he should take his arguing to P&S

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: TheCow]
    #7594103 - 11/04/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

As I've said before elsewhere, it's up to the original poster.

The original poster in the thread I PMed you about said he was OK with debate.
But personal attacks or overly harsh criticism are not allowed regardless.

I am the OP of this thread and I don't feel like arguing the UNPROVABLE.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7594144 - 11/04/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

But you do feel like asserting the unprovable as truth? :strokebeard:

:hehehe:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7594165 - 11/04/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Why do people like you lurk this forum but never add anything INTERESTING or USEFUL?

You only post when you have something conceited, condescending or crass to say.

ALL truth is relative so there is NO TRUTH... only theories, suspicions, perspectives, observations, opinions, views - POSSIBILITIES and PROBABILITIES.

Read it again CLOSELY...

Quote:

Middleman said:

It is thought that the ancestors of dolphins lived on land in a time long past. Once the ancestors of dolphins started living in water, they found out that the medium of water was hard to see through – an object 10-15 meters away is the farthest a dolphin’s eyes can see even if waters are crystal-clear, not to mention dark or murky waters. So the ancestors of dolphins decided to possess an ability that would enable them to “see” with their ears by listening to echoes. Sound waves travel through water at a speed of 1.5 km/sec, which is almost five times faster than sound traveling through air.

A person of enlightenment used to consider himself the crown of the Creation since he was the only one who possessed reason. In the second part of the 20th century scientists started debating the issues relating to a dolphin’s intellectual powers.

Professor A. Portman at the Basel-based Institute of Zoology (Switzerland) came up with a scale for measuring intellect. A human being (214 points) was found to be the smartest creature of all. A dolphin was a runner-up with 195 points. An elephant (150 points) was rated as No 3. An ape arrived fourth with 63 points.

The following fill the slots at the bottom of the scale: a zebra (42 points); a giraffe (38 points); a fox (28 points). A hippopotamus scored only 18 points, and therefore was classified as the stupidest creature under the sun.

American neurophysiologist John Lilly has conducted experiments involving dolphins for many years. The scientist worked at his laboratory located on St. Thomas, an island of the Virgin Islands of the United States. The results of his research enabled Lilly to reach the following conclusion: the dolphin will the first living creature on Earth to establish conscious contact with the human being. That is the reason why the dolphin has a large brain with the cerebral cortex, a complex language and an ability to communicate displaying quickness of intelligence. A dolphin brain and a human brain seem to be two of a kind when it comes to certain brain characteristics e.g. the ratio of its weight to the body mass, the intricately folded cerebral cortex. Incidentally, humans use the above characteristics to prove intellectual superiority of the human race.

Lilly is confident that scientists will make enormous progress in many fields once verbal contact between humans and dolphins is established. Dolphins will be no longer used as guinea pigs. They will turn into scientists’ colleagues, making contributions to scientific progress.

“A dolphin brain is much larger that that of a human being. And dolphins use a very complex language while communicating,” Dr. Huskeway said. Dolphins have an inexplicable attachment to humans. There are dozens documented accounts about dolphins saving humans who suffered shipwreck. At a time when they lived on land, their intellectual development was probably even higher than that of the people from whom modern humans descended. The discovery helps us see the Golden Age myths in a new light. Almost every nation of the world had a myth of the Golden Age. The myth centers on a civilization whose members controlled the world in days of old. A great civilization of Atlantis, an island that is *said to have* existed in the Atlantic Ocean and to have sunk beneath the sea, is mentioned in the works of Aristotle and other scholars of ancient Greece.

Dolphins produce clicking sounds (localization pulses) to make the sound waves bounce off objects in the water and return to the dolphin in the form of an echo.

High-frequency sounds do not travel far in water. Low-frequency sounds travel farther because of their longer wavelength and greater energy. Echolocation is used by dolphins for determining distance to a very small target (5-10 cm) within close range (5-10 m). It is thought that dolphins can locate shoals of fish at an intermediate range (up to several hundred meters) by using echolocation.

Recent studies of Australian scientists indicate that Atlanteans, the people who lived on a legendary island first mentioned by Plato, *may have been* the ancestors of dolphins.

“No matter how weird it may appear, dolphins used to have two legs and a couple of arms in place of fins. They lived side by side with the people of the Stone Age,” said Dr. Leslie Huskerway, a biologist.

Researchers at Melbourne University conducted a research into the human DNA and that of marine mammals. Using comparison as a method of study, researchers found that the dolphin was the nearest relation of the human being. The dolphin *may have* parted company with Homo sapiens some 250 thousands years ago. Scientists have long known that the creatures had lived on land in the distant past. Their highly developed intellectual powers have always intrigued researchers.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7594201 - 11/04/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

People like me? I'm the only person like me. :smile:

I was just having fun dude, lighten up. :sun:

Asking a question isn't a threat, nor does asking a question carry with it implications. You could have simply posted your third sentence. In response to that, I would simply speculate the value of having a perspective that can determine how plausible or reflective of reality a theory, suspicison, perspective, observation, opinion, or viewpoint is.

Of course, it isn't necessary for a theory, suspicision, perspective, observation, opinion, or viewpoint to fufill such criteria in order to be expressed. Everyone can read it for how it has presented to be and take from it what they will.

You stated that it was open for discussion, with the qualifier that personal attacks and overly harsh criticism are not permitted. I simply asked a question, "But you do feel like asserting the unprovable as truth?". I don't understand why you could have not stated, "No, I don't feel like that, but I do feel like expressing an unprovable theory, suspicion, perspective, observation, opinion, or view, without becoming consumed in arguing over something that is ultimately unknown". It would have made sense to me, and, as this is M&tP, it would be respected (In fact, I think one of the original intentions in creating the forum was empowering the original poster to set the guidelines for the discussion to ensue, and requesting formally in the rules that it be respected. I think it is a great idea. :smile:). :wink:

Wouldn't that have been a more effective course to take than by personally attacking me, taking the flow of discussion out of accordance with the guidelines you just outlined?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7594215 - 11/04/07 11:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not attacking you personally, I'm not harshly criticizing you.

I'm simply observing the fact that you and several other members have never posted anything interesting in here, but show up now and then with detractive quips.

It's frustrating, that's all.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7594248 - 11/04/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not a detractor, and I'm an individual that cannot be interpeted through observations of others in such a manner, as though my actions are part of a trend or wave, beyond the trend of reality itself, of course. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRishi
Stranger
    #9057249 - 10/10/08 04:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think this kinda thing is COMPLETELY plausible. I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #9065700 - 10/12/08 05:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The tomato I just ate, used to look like a a tomato..

Give it 24 hours or so inside me, and it will look like crap..

Literally..

It would still be shit, not a tomato..

:tomato:

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Gomp]
    #9067516 - 10/12/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

are we next? maybe we should all move to the beach and start increasing our lung capacity. :gethigh:

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9070235 - 10/13/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone should definitely read Lilly's Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer: Theory and Experiments.  It's absolutely wild, but a little dry like another poster mentioned.

I've got almost all his works, including all his dolphin material, but have yet to read them.  I may start now.  :smile:

I was lucky to find all his books at a used bookstore and got a hell of a deal on all of them.

Truthfully, I just don't know what to make of the whole "dolphin predecessors  walked upright with humans in Atlantis" but since I wasn't there and have no idea, I really can't say for sure.  hahahha

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Dolphins used to look like humans and lived in Atlantis [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9071459 - 10/13/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
I was lucky to find all his books at a used bookstore and got a hell of a deal on all of them.

lucky!
that's awesome,
i've been reading lilly ever since i was a teen,
finally i had the chance to try the isolation float last august,
three 1hr sessions, each one progressively allowing a deeper trance than the previous,
the sober experience itself is profound, how it is on LSD i don't know,
but thanks to him i have a fairly good idea. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom