Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
is waiting ten hours to trip normal?
    #755807 - 07/18/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I went shroom hunting for my first time yesterday ! i was supposed to go with a friend, but he got drunk . well me, being a hardheaded, never stopping capricorn, i went by myself. i figured if i went with four or five bags and picked everything i found, then i could identify them later. well, i got out there, and found shrooms! i felt so pleased with myself !
so i take them home, and check them all out with descriptions on this site ( i love the shroomery!) well, the only "magic" shrooms i ended up with were about twelve psilocybe cubesis' each (big) weighing 1 to 2 and a half ounces wet. a couple weighed even more...one was 4 inches across.
so i think i've got a great shroom in my hands right? i think, "it must be good! i looks just like they say it should, just bigger." so i eat it. 30 mintues later i eat the stem too....and wait. no trip. i waited two hours, then went and got breakfast. came home, took a nap, passed out for two hours. no trip! so i think to myself, "if they didn't make me trip, they must be something else right? what are they?" so i look up poisonous shrooms and find out that the amanita virosa, or death angel, looks alot like what i got too. shit! "I"M GONNA DIE!" i was scared lemme tell you, it was way to late to go to the hospital, all i could do was wait and see if i started throwing up eventually. i didn't, so work time rolls around (i only work for two or three hours at a time) so i go to work, i go out to eat, eat a huge meal...still waiting to throw up or something....but i feel fine! so finally, later i'm sitting at home with my girl and some friends, and the ten hour mark rolls around...which is when i should start puking my guts out from the amanita right? wrong! i take a hit off the bong and exhale...and...the smoke looks fuuunnyy...i felt...not high at all.... i felt wierd. i didn't know what was going on. was i going to die? i mean, i ate the shrooms ten hours ago! ten! okay, so was the weed laced? i asked. no, because nobody else was trippin'! do i have a low tolerance for weed? no, i don't get high off of anything but bong hits with hydro....my tolerance is horrible, i need to back off some. but i can't be trippin'! ten hours??? i have never heard of that before!
then i hit me harder. i started to get uncontrolable muscle spasms. i was freezing. i was burning. i thought i was dieing. then it all went crazy, i was going through birth and i was the baby, and when i was born, i turned into a god...i had the best trip i've had in a long ass time!
so here's my thing...two questions. one, is this possible? ever heard of this before? two, the shrooms i have don't turn blue at all on handling or breaking. now in the field they turned red when i broke them, and then later and greyishbrownish...actually an inky color. the gills on the bottom are white, not attached to the stem. the stems are thin and cinnamon colored. the shrooms taste like salad mushrooms. the caps are white with a nipple in the center that is goldish brownish. what kind of shroom do i have?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
Re: is waiting ten hours to trip normal? [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #755819 - 07/18/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

no this is not possible thus you are lying just kidding... ive never heard of anything lik it

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: is waiting ten hours to trip normal? [Re: shroom_assassin]
    #755873 - 07/18/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

so yeah, am i gonna die, or do i have an incredibly rare strain of shrooms...if i do, then i could like be famous for discovery. i should eat some once they dry and see if there's that ten hour window in there. i need to eat some more!

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #755938 - 07/18/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That's fucked. Well, obviously you aren't dead, so they aren't poisonous, and you tripped out, so they are obviously psychoactive. Were you on a full stomach when you ate them? If so then they may take a while but I've never heard of ten hours.

Do this:

Pick more. Fan dry them. Eat some on an empty stomach. Or forget drying them just make sure you haven't eaten for four/five hours then munch and see what happens. If nothing after 2 hours, smoke a bowl and see what happens.

In any case, that's strange. Post a description of what you found (with pic is possible) in the Hunting Forum and tell them what happened when you ate them. We'll unravel this mystery.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: is waiting ten hours to trip normal? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #755951 - 07/18/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i ate them on an empty stomach and waiting three hours, then i went and ate breakfast at lunch time, and slept and worked then ate a HUGE meal, they kicked in an hour after the huge meal, and twenty minutes after smoking weed. so are there shroom types that kick in with weed only?

and yeah, i let them dry over night, then rinsed them off, which i didn't do before cause i didn't trip right away, i thought they were bunk. now i just ate twice as many as before...like 15 minutes ago..maybe twenty. i just ate them on an empty stomach, and then, remembering the meal last night, i ate a little something...pickles and applesauce...just like four bites. and i drank about 14 oz of water with them. then i smoked a bowl. in 30 minutes i'll smoke another. and then more in two hours. and yeah, i'll go to the hunters place and ask them.
did i mention they turned red when broken on the stems only? that's fuckin twisted man.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #756097 - 07/18/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, obviously you aren't dead, so they aren't poisonous,

There are two egregious errors with this statement.

1. Posionous does not necessarily mean fatal.

2. There are fatally poisonous mushrooms that take several days or more to kill the consumer. There are no symptoms after the first day for quite a while. Death is due to liver failure.

You really should not offer up such an uneducated opinion to a fellow shroomer!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#756109 - 07/18/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is no game. Get those identified at once! Not trying to scare you but you may be in danger. Post some pictures ASAP and /or call your local poison control center. Also you might want to call / PM some of the more experienced field hunters and cultivators.

As they do NOT sound like cubensis, I doubt there would be any legal repercussions, but there might be medical repercussions.

There is no time to waste. Absolutely eat no more until you know EXACTLY what you have found!

Hope you are well.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: is waiting ten hours to trip normal? [Re: Swami]
    #756150 - 07/18/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, but the more i read about cubes the more they sound like cubes and look like cubes. and if they were amanita virosa's, then i would have had SOME sort of nausea, and i didn't. at all. it was a great trip. is it possible that they took so long to kick in because i hadn't really eaten ANYTHING period? sometimes your stomach doesn't start to digest until you put in an edible energy source. and while shrooms are great, they have no food value as far as your body is concerned. and also, they were totally fresh. i don't know if that matters. i called the poison control center. nothing they can do. the hospital? nothing they can do...there is no cure for the poisonous ones but a kidney transplant or a liver transplant. and you don't know if you need that until it starts to kill you. you think i should go and see if the doctors can test my liver to see if it's working or test me for poison of some kind? really, i've been reading stuff on poisonous shrooms and on magic shrooms for like 8 hours straight, every scrap i can get my hands on...and basically i figured out that if they are poisonous, then my life is already over short of kidney transplant. and if they are not, then i've got a rare strain of shroom. but it really looks like a cubensis. and i don't have a camera for pix.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#756177 - 07/18/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Beg or borrow a digital camera. Go to Good Guys or Best Buy and bring a floppy disk. Tell them you want to do a sample picture to check out the resolution.

I don't know of any poisonous mushrooms that grow off of cow patties, but I am no expert. The Death Angel is a forest dweller, so you are probably safe from that.

It is the size and the color that bothers me, in addition to the time delay. Even with lots of food in your belly I have heard of a slow onset, but never more than about 1.5 hours max.

Are you an experienced tripper with magic mushrooms? Was the trip from these anywhere near the same?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#756196 - 07/18/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

See if this article helps:

Mushroom Toxins and Their Symptoms

It seemed like almost every year, when I lived in California, since I became interested in mushrooms, somebody would inevitably die from mushroom poisoning. The reason for this is not because every other species of mushroom is poisonous nor that mushrooms are that difficult to identify. As I said above, relatively few mushrooms are poisonous and of those that are, only a handful will be fatal if consumed. We will go over, in detail, the different types of toxins that are known to occur in mushrooms. These toxins are summarized in the table below, with specific examples of the toxins and some fungi that are known to have these toxins.

Mushroom Toxins, Symptoms and Where They May Occur Toxin Groups Symptoms Fungi
I. Cyclopeptides, e.g., Amanitoxins Violent vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, approximately 12 hours after consumption, which last for days. Remission of symptoms, followed by failure of kidney and liver function, coma and usually death. Species of Amanita in Section: Phalloideae, e.g. A. phalloides, A. verna, A. virosa, Galerina autumnalis, G. marginata and Conocybe filaris
II. Gyromitrin, e.g., Monomethylhydrazine (MMH) Bloated feeling, typically 6-8 hours after consumption of mushroom, followed by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Victim often experience faintness, loss of muscular control, and fever. In more severe cases, death may occur. Species of Gyromitra, e.g., G. esculenta, G. infula, and species of Helvella and Paxina
III. Orellaine Intense thirst, accompanied by burning and dryness of mouth. Headache, chills, loin or abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Renal damage occurs after a lag period of 3-15 days Some species of Cortinarius, e.g., C. orellanus, C. speciosissimus, C. splendens
IV. Muscarine “PSL” Syndrome (perspiration, salivation, lachrymation) and constriction of pupils, blurred vision, muscle spasms, diarrhea, slow heartbeat and a drop in blood pressure. "Little white or brown mushrooms" that grow in grassy areas. Two common genera are Clitocybe and Inocybe.
V. Ibotenic Acid, Muscimol Muscle spasms and dizziness. Vomiting may also occur if too many mushrooms have been consumed. This is followed by a deep sleep full of fantastic dreams, lasting about two hours Species of Amanita, e.g. A. cokeri, A. gemmata, A. muscaria and A. pantherina and Panaeolus campanulatus.
VI. Coprine (Anabuse-like Reaction) Hot flushes of the face and neck, metallic taste in mouth, tingling sensation in limbs, numbness in hands, palpitations, a throbbing headache, nausea and vomiting. Although unpleasant, consumption of mushroom is not fatal. A rather unique toxin in that symptoms occur only if mushroom is consumed with a drink containing alcohol. Symptoms begin approximately 30-60 minutes after consumption and will continue as long as there is alcohol in the system. Known only from Coprinus atramentarius.
VII. Psilocybin and Psilocin Variable, affecting the senses. Some of the common symptoms include uncontrollable laughter, hallucinations, euphoria and disembodied experience. Species from four agaric genera, Psilocybe, Panaeolus, Conocybe and Gymnopilus.
VIII. Gastrointestinal irritant, composed of a number of unrelated compounds, which produce similar effects Digestive upset within 30-90 minutes of consuming mushroom. Commonest symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea, with abdominal cramps. Symptoms clear up within 3-4 hours and complete recovery a day or so later. Many species involved; Agaricus, Amanita, Boletus, Chlorophyllum, Entoloma, Hebeloma, Lactarius, Marasmius, Naematoloma, Russula, Scleroderma, Tricholoma and many others.

You may noticed that there is are a number of redundant symptoms, i.e. vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Thus, these symptoms are not that useful, but do provide an indicator that some sort of poisoning has occurred.

Group I. Phallotoxins and amatoxins: This group of toxins is responsible for most fatalities in mushroom poisonings. Fortunately, they occurs in only a few taxa. The most common known species having these toxins belong in genus Amanita, in the section Phalloideae, and in the genus Galerina. However, it is estimated that 98% of mushroom fatalities is due to consumption of only one species, Amanita phalloides (The Death Cap). Although the latter species does not occur in Hawai‘i, we do have a common species, Amanita marmorata, which belongs in the same section of the genus. Thus, it is likely to contain these toxin. This species can be found growing nearby trees in the Casuarina (Iron Wood), Eucalyptus and Melaleuca (Paper Bark).

The toxins involved are complex polypeptides. It was once believed that both the phallotoxins and amatoxins contributed in poisoning the consumer, but apparently only the latter is responsible. When a phallotoxin are directly injected into mice, they are up to ten times more lethal than cyanide. However, when taken orally, phallotoxins have no effect. Thus, it is only the amatoxins, which is lethal.

When A. phalloides is first ingested, victims describe the taste as mild to quite good, which is probably why large amounts of it is normally consumed. The amatoxin rapidly attacks the intestine, liver and kidney. However, any discomfort from this group of toxins is not immediate. It may be as long as 24 hours before any symptoms occur. This in itself makes treatment of the toxins difficult since the victim often will not connect the sudden illness with the consumption of mushrooms even if they should seek medical help. During this period of time the toxins are already acting upon the cells of the liver, kidney and intestine. The victim will experience diarrhea, profuse vomiting and abdominal pains, which usually last from four to six days. These symptoms will then subside and the the victim will feel better and will often believe that whatever caused the illness has passed. However, this is misleading. Because by this time, the amatoxins will have caused collapse of kidney and liver function. The victim will then eventually go into a coma and death usually follows. Even when death does not occur, the illness lasts several weeks and permanent damage to the liver and kidney is likely.

At this time, there is still not an accepted method by which amatoxin poisoning can be treated once it has been in the victim's system for more than several hours. By the time the symptoms manifest themselves and the victim seeks medical help, massive damage to the kidney and liver has already been done. Thus, if an unknown mushroom has been consumed, it is best to arrive at a correct identification of that mushroom, immediately. Fortunately, amatoxin poisoning is rare in the United States, but because it is rare, many doctors do not connect these symptoms with mushroom poisoning unless their patients mention it first, and often are not experienced in the identification of mushrooms or the effects of their toxins (and this is no discredit to them). Normally, a mycologist is consulted for the identification of the mushroom. If a species containing amatoxins is identified rapidly (within an hour or two after consumption), before it can cause any damage, vomiting is induced in the patient to empty the stomach followed by washing out the stomach.

Group II. Gyromitrin: For many year helvellic acid was assumed to be the cause of blood poisoning. However, we now know that the helvellic acid is harmless. Instead a toxin called monomethylhydrazine (MMH), a product produced from hydrolyzed Gyromitrin, is responsible. MMH is used as rocket fuel and is known to be extremely toxic. The toxin is named for the genus Gyromitra from which it was first isolated. Species of Helvella and Paxina are also known to have this toxin. These genera are not known to occur in Hawai‘i.

This Symptoms of this toxin usually appear approximately 2-12 hours after consumption. MMH causes an initial bloated feelings, followed by nausea, and the usual vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Severe headaches and pain may also occur and linger for some time. In extreme cases, jaundice and convulsion may occur, followed by coma and eventually death after 2-7 days. It is estimated that Gyromitra esculenta is responsible for 2-4% of reported mushroom fatalities. There are, however, reports that some consumers of this species have been unaffected, but but tolerance of individuals, amount of MMH present in fungus and method of cooking may combine to cause widely varying toxic reactions.

The actions of this toxin is somewhat similar to the cyclopeptides in Group I in that it takes affect at the cellular level and causes liver damage. In addition, it is hemolytic and toxic to the central nervous system and irritates the gastro-intestinal tract. Pryridoxine hydrochloride is administered for poisoning by this toxin.

Group III. Orellanin:Consumption of mushrooms containing this toxin has the longest delayed reaction before the appearance of symptoms. In cases where poisoning was severe and culminated in the death of the victim, symptoms were not reported until 3-4 days after mushroom consumption. In milder cases, symptoms sometimes did not appear until 10-17 days after eating the mushroom. Symptoms due to this toxin include intense thirst, accompanied by burning and dryness of the mouth. This is followed by headaches, chills, loin or abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Poisoning from this toxin has so far been restricted to Europe where the species of mushrooms containing orellanin occurs.

Group IV. Coprine (Antabuse-like): Coprinus atramentarius is the only species known to contain this toxin. This species does not occur in Hawai‘i. The effects of this toxin is unusual in that the physical symptoms occur only if the mushroom is consumed with alcohol (ethanol). The consumption of the mushroom, alone, is not toxic. Following consumption of both the mushroom and alcohol, symptoms will begin to occur in approximately 30-60 minutes, and may occur at any time up to five days after consumption of the mushroom.

Symtoms include hot flushes of the face and neck, a metallic taste in the mouth, tingling sensations in the limbs, numbness in the hands, palpitations, a throbbing headache, nausea and vomiting. The symptoms will continue as long as there is any alcohol in the victim's stomach. With the exception of treatment to control arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), recovery is normally spontaneous once the body is rid of the alcohol. This toxin is said to be antabuse-like because antabuse (disulfiram), is prescribed to discourage alcoholics from drinking alcoholic beverages and has symptoms almost identical to coprine.

Group V. Muscarine: Mushrooms containing this toxin are very nondescript and are often referred to as little white or brown mushrooms. Normally, they are found in grassy areas and belong to two common genera, Clitocybe and Inocybe. Both genera are rare in Hawai‘i. Thus, the occurrence of poisoning from these mushrooms is unlikely.

Symptoms begin approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours after consumption of toxin. The toxin stimulates the exocrine glands where sweat, saliva and tears are produced and causes what is referred to as PSL (Perspiration, Salivation, Lachrymation) syndrome. Other symptoms include constriction of pupils, blurred vision, muscle spasms, diarrhea, slow heart-beat and a drop in blood pressure. Although rare, death has been known to occur when the victim's heart stops. However, when this has occurred, the victim usually has had a history of cardiovascular disease. The accepted treatment is intravenous injection of atropine.

Group VI. Muscimol, ibotenic acid, pantherin, tricholomic acid, and related compounds: This group of toxins acts on the central nervous system causing the victims to suffer from hallucinations. The most well known species of mushroom, having toxins in this group is Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric). Although neither the scientific nor common name is familiar to the layperson, this species, with its scarlet pileus that is covered with yellowish-white spots, is the model for mushrooms used in many children's books and greeting cards. This species forms mycorrhizae with pine trees and is common in temperate areas of the world. However, it is recorded from Hawai‘i, on the island of Kaua‘i. This mushroom has been known for over 3,000 years and has been used in India and Siberia as a recreational or religious intoxicant.

Symptoms of this toxin include muscle spasms, dizziness, vomiting, followed by a deep sleep with vivid dreams, usually lasting about 2 hours. After waking, the victim often becomes hyperactive, making compulsive and uncoordinated movements, perhaps talking nonstop and have an altered perception of reality. These symptoms are caused by the toxins' effect on the central nervous system. When large amounts of A. muscaria is ingested, it often results in severe illness but even then the victim usually recover.

Group VII. Psilocybin and psilocin: This group of toxins is perhaps the most well known. They are in the LSD family of hallucinogenic compounds. As in the previous group, they have a strong hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system, producing visions and smothering sensations, optical distortions; and some victims have reported experiencing religious or mystical experiences. However, “bad trips” may also occur causing the victim to become anxious to paranoid, and may require considerable reassurance or, more rarely, even tranquilizers. The effects are normally about 4-5 hours, followed by sleep. The quantity ingested, physiological condition, personality and mood of the subject are all apparently involved in the effect. Since as little as 5 mg. of Psilocybe cubensis can cause visual hallucinations in 15 minutes, it is obvious that the ingestion of large quantities of some mushrooms in this group can be fatal or cause severe toxic effects. Perhaps the most important factor is the presence of other toxic compounds in addition to the hallucinogenic agent in a given species. Hallucinations may be suppressed by chlorpromazine, and convulsions by diazepam.

Toxins are found in four common genera of mushrooms: Psilocybe, Panaeolus, Conocybe and Gymnopilus. Species of Psilocybe have been used by Native Americans in Mexico for religious ceremonies.

Group VIII. Gastrointestinal Irritants: This is a group of unrelated toxins. However, they all cause similar symptoms when consumed. Symptoms from the mushroom begin 30-90 minutes following consumption. All cause varying degrees of digestive upset. Commonest symptoms are diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal cramps. Normally, symptoms clear up in 3-4 hours and complete recovery several days later. Some cases of fatality have been recorded, but these are usually cases in which large quantities of mushrooms have been consumed or if the victims were young children. There are a number of fungi in Hawai‘i that have these toxins. They include Agaricus, Chlorophyllum, Marasmius, Naematoloma, Foliate, Scleroderma and probably many others. Because we have not identified the toxins that cause these symptoms, treatment has been restricted to emptying the stomach.

Summary of Toxins

The seven group of toxins can be divided into four categories according to the matter in which they affect the consumer:

Toxins belong to Groups I, II, and III. Toxins that cause extensive cellular damage, followed by physical symptoms, which appear only after cellular damage has occurred and is often no longer treatable.
Toxins belong to Groups IV and V. Toxins affect the autonomic system, with symptoms appearing shortly after consumption or when the appropriate substrate enters the system.
Toxins belonging to Groups VI and VII. Toxins affecting the central nervous system and causing hallucination. Symptoms appear shortly after consumption.
Toxins belonging to Group VIII. The unidentified toxins, which cause gastrointestinal discomfort as soon as they are consumed.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#756237 - 07/18/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i've tripped before, and it was shrooms. i felt God like. and it's between 30 hours and no symtoms whatsoever. just the trip. so maybe i just have a rare kind. i called the poison control center, and she said that if i haven't thrown up and i feel fine, then i probably am. i haven't gotten sick at all yet. i think i'm okay. thanks for your concern...here, this out of what you posted describes my trip last night....just because it caught me unaware and depressed, i got paranoid, then i got spasms, then i realized i wasn't dieing and everything was groovy and awesome.
thank you for your concern, i'm impressed you're trying to help so much yet i'm a stranger. thank you very much. actually, this article pretty much cleared it up for me.

Group VII. Psilocybin and psilocin: This group of toxins is perhaps the most well known. They are in the LSD family of hallucinogenic compounds. As in the previous group, they have a strong hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system, producing visions and smothering sensations, optical distortions; and some victims have reported experiencing religious or mystical experiences. However, “bad trips” may also occur causing the victim to become anxious to paranoid, and may require considerable reassurance or, more rarely, even tranquilizers. The effects are normally about 4-5 hours, followed by sleep. The quantity ingested, physiological condition, personality and mood of the subject are all apparently involved in the effect. Since as little as 5 mg. of Psilocybe cubensis can cause visual hallucinations in 15 minutes, it is obvious that the ingestion of large quantities of some mushrooms in this group can be fatal or cause severe toxic effects. Perhaps the most important factor is the presence of other toxic compounds in addition to the hallucinogenic agent in a given species. Hallucinations may be suppressed by chlorpromazine, and convulsions by diazepam.

Toxins are found in four common genera of mushrooms: Psilocybe, Panaeolus, Conocybe and Gymnopilus. Species of Psilocybe have been used by Native Americans in Mexico for religious ceremonies.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#756253 - 07/18/02 11:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am glad that you feel less concerned now. However, don't stop until you have clearly identified the species. You may very well have a new discovery there.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#756413 - 07/18/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Well, obviously you aren't dead, so they aren't poisonous,
There are two egregious errors with this statement.

1. Posionous does not necessarily mean fatal.

2. There are fatally poisonous mushrooms that take several days or more to kill the consumer. There are no symptoms after the first day for quite a while. Death is due to liver failure.

You really should not offer up such an uneducated opinion to a fellow shroomer!

You're right. In hindsight that was irresponsible. I was convinced they were cubes and admittedly I did not see the part about the red bruising until after I replied. And I had never heard of having no symptoms within a day; apparently I don't understand the digestive system as well as I thought.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#756435 - 07/18/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami's right man I am an idiot. I for whatever reason jumped to the conclusion that you were out of danger. I'd just read as much as you can and do whatever the experts suggest.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#756440 - 07/18/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If it is a new species you can name it psilocybe whiterastahippeses.

--------------------

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
    #756463 - 07/18/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

if he feels fine, had a great trip, He's probibly fine it dosn't hurt to check though. To me it sounds like what you said the stomach not digesting the shrooms untill you ate. Then when you took those bong rips you started triping. I can't trip unless i get smoked. I'll have a strong body fry but i won't see visuals so maybee in order for your body to trip you need to get high. But like they said look up on it. Find out exatly what you ate go hunting again to find the same exact thing take a pic. and bring it to the shroomery one of these guys will be able to figure it out.

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: is waiting ten hours to trip normal? [Re: MadDhAdDeR420]
    #757894 - 07/18/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i really think i'm okay. seriouslly, i didi it again today. took the shrooms....wait for ten sober hours. then trip. it wasn't as intense tonight but that's because i just did it last night. now i might have discovered something new here or i might just be immune to a certain poison in this shroom, but then, how would that make me trip? the killer shrooms don't have psilocybin in them do they? i'm pretty sure. i'll get pics as soon as i can. and shrooms are fungus. didn't i learn something about fungus mutating? i personally believe in evolution. i'm not dead or throwing up. no gasteral pains. i tripped. twice. either i'm a bad ass whole just gets high off poisons (bring on the cyanide) or this shroom is super fucking rare. or this shroom is as yet undiscovered. brought in by some bird from the florida keys, who knows? personally, i've learned a lesson. thanks all...so uh...will i really get to name it?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#758059 - 07/19/02 02:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

so uh...will i really get to name it?

If you are the first to discover the species yes, unless the standard practice is for some reason different for mushrooms than it is for animal or insect species.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#758746 - 07/19/02 08:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

okay well it's been 50 hours since i ate the first shrooms...the first ill effects should have hit me. from everything i've read, it's like...eat bad shroom. up to 10 hours later (but everybody i've talked to says no later than that.) i throw up or get cramps or get SOMETHING bad. something. but i have felt nothing, not only have i not felt anything for 10 hours, i've not felt anything for 50 hours. that's a promising sign. so i'll wait 'til it rains, go get some more shrooms take pictures and post them so you guys can help me figure out what this thing is.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Anonymous

#759877 - 07/19/02 06:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>"is waiting ten hours to trip normal?"<

Only if you have to drive out of state to hook up with your supplier. What?

Leaf

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates