Home | Community | Message Board

DaVinci Vaporizer
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Swollen lymph nodes
    #7518150 - 10/15/07 02:05 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

About two days ago I noticed a small lump under the skin in my groin area. I sincerely doubt it's any kind of STD since I have only one sexual partner and we are both clean.
Today I went to take a shower and noticed it got bigger, tender, slightly painful when I move certain ways, and surrounded by a big red area. Above it, pretty much inline, two more have swelled and become hard. No red areas around them, but they too became painful when I walk as the day progressed.

After a little research I am fairly certain they are supromedial superficial inguinal lymph nodes, although I am not an MD. The implications don't look good, but I could be overreacting and over-thinking the whole thing.

I am going to see my doctor on Tuesday about this but I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with swollen lymph nodes in the groin area? I have been meaning to see a dermatologist about a couple moles that may indicate melanoma and reading about the relation of melanoma to swollen lymph nodes scared the shit out of me. I know the Shroomery isn't filled with doctors, but I guess I'm looking for a little comfort in the knowledge of others. Share what you've got, if you don't mind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Swollen lymph nodes [Re: DNKYD]
    #7518220 - 10/15/07 02:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

So maybe a swollen prostate? Defiantly not your lymph nodes tho.

It could be your supromedial superficial inguinal lymph nodes, I've had the same problem before. I never went to the doctor they just kind of went away. It came after the first day of snowboarding of the season. I believe its probably from over exerting your muscles in that area, they swell and in turn swell your lymph nodes in that area. That would be my best hypothesis, maybe from rough sex..or any type of exercise you don't normally do.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (10/15/07 02:49 AM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Swollen lymph nodes [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7518224 - 10/15/07 02:47 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

All of those little purple things in the picture are lymph nodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superficial_inguinal_lymph_nodes

The areas that #1 points to are the exact locations of the three that are swollen right now. About 3 months ago I had one that was swollen around the lowest one for #3, but I didn't think much of it for some reason. It sure as hell is not a swollen prostate, seeing as how your prostate is not directly under the skin between your penis and upper thigh.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

#7518227 - 10/15/07 02:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The exact same area I had my problem in as well. Anything ring a bell from my edit above?

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7518228 - 10/15/07 02:53 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't had sex in over a week and I don't do any physical activity whatsoever involving my legs. I'm a lazy ass.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Swollen lymph nodes *DELETED* [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7518230 - 10/15/07 02:54 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by 2FiNiTe

Reason for deletion: Already answered

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

#7518234 - 10/15/07 02:55 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmm thats weird, I wish I could help more. I've had the same thing your describing happen to me a few times now that I think of it. I really never thought much of it, just that maybe I pulled a muscle or something. They usually stopped hurting after a few days and went away after a week or two.

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7518235 - 10/15/07 02:56 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Nope. Nothing has changed in my routine of things. No rough sex in a little while, no exercising, no heavy lifting, sleeping like I always have. What interests me is the fact that two popped up almost 2 full days after the first one.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

#7518239 - 10/15/07 03:03 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

It was the same way for me, I would have one on one side (usually my left) pop up then maybe half a day or a day later the corresponding node on the opposite side would come up. I've always had the same two swell tho, never more than 1 on 1 side. Hmmm thats interesting man, I really don't know what to say except ask a doctor. I honestly don't think it would be anything too serious tho, don't worry yourself too much about it. I would bet they'll stop hurting in a few days. But then again if you feel you should see a doctor, YOU KNOW YOUR BODY BEST! Thats what I always say. . .no two people are alike and if your worried about them its probably not for no reason. If nothing else go to a doctor for closure even if it turns out to be nothing.

Maybe try one of those online "ask a doctor" things, I know they're automated but that may give you some info you haven't found yet.

I hope all goes well man! I'm sure everything will turn out ok. Get some sleep stop worrying!!!

EDIT: One more thing man, mine came up a few times for no reason. The only thing I could attribute it to was high opioid intake.

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (10/15/07 03:07 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being