Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request
    #747581 - 07/15/02 08:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: I recieved my King Oyster Culture from Ralph!!! [Re: malibu76]
    #747590 - 07/15/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

fukin, i think they are wood lovers, so some wood shavings should be good to mix in, along with other grains, and then keep the same pf formula,, but someone probraly else has a better tek.

I can help you eat them,, flash fry in butter with basil, cilantro,, then make a butter roll sandwich.

Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request [Re: nugsarenice]
    #747630 - 07/15/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #747754 - 07/15/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: I recieved my King Oyster Culture from Ralph!! [Re: malibu76]
    #748471 - 07/15/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

a simple way to grow oysters, and a few other edibles is to use an gar wedge to colonise rye or whatever grain you prefer. Once the grain is colonised it is poured into the centre of a pasteurised toilet roll, and once the mycelium overtakes the roll it can be fruited in a terrarium cake-style.
Like so...

edit: the roll is pasteurised by placing in a heat resistant plastic bag and pouring freshly boiled water over it until it won?t absorb any more. Once the roll is cool enough to handle the cardboard tube is pulled out, and the roll is SQUEEEEZED, still in the bag, until no more water comes out. It is now ready for inoculation with spawn.
If you?re feeling really lazy, and have agar to spare, a few triangles can be cut out of the plate and poked into the roll in strategic positions. This will colonise more slowly though, and therefore be more prone to contams.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Edited by Champion des Champignons (07/15/02 02:37 PM)

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #749280 - 07/15/02 07:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

King oysters are pretty easy. Just follow standard oyster growing methods. They are not shelflike as most oysters so they grow better on horizontal surfaces. You can grow them on woodchips or pasturized straw. I have even grown them on birdseed with a peat/lime casing. They grow slower than most oysters but they are the best one for the table. Very dense and sweet. Truly deserving the title of King. GGMM covers them pretty well.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates