Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
All 13 of my quart jars from my last grow got really bad contams, and I waited a while before cleaning them out so they were fully infested with all different kinds of molds. There were some with thick white mold, some with black mold, some with green, even some red stuff.
I ignored everything I had previously read about being careful when cleaning out jars and started carefully dumping them into a large garbage bag. During the process, I would occasionally accidentally let a little poof of mold dust escape from the bag. Every time this happened I covered my face with my shirt and held my breath for a few seconds until they all floated away. I finally realized I was being an idiot and cleaned the last few outside.
Today I woke up with some minor muscle aching, and now tonight I can feel my sinuses beginning to get congested. My asthma has been a little worse than usual ever since this morning as well.
Can I wait this out a few days and see if these symptoms go away before I seek proper medical advice? I am 19 and living on my own, but my parents take care of all my health care stuff so I'm pretty sure I would have to explain everything (growing mushrooms) to them.
what i would do is take 2 shots of alcohol just to kill whatever is in me and clean myself a bit. yeah it would get me drunk but it helps. then when you sober up. then i would drink some OJ and get some rest. this is what i would do. i'm not telling you to do the same thing but it works for me.
drinking alcohol won't kill mold spores in your body or neutralize their toxins. i'd go see a doctor if i were you, just in case. tell you inhaled mold accidentally from a loaf of old bread in your kitchen or whatever. make something up, they won't go gestapo on you anyway.
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.
> so I'm pretty sure I would have to explain everything (growing mushrooms) to them.
You opened up an old jar that you found while cleaning to see what was inside not realizing that it was full of rotten moldy food. When you opened the top of the jar, a big cloud of mold dust came out. It wasn't until you started feeling sick later that you wondered if the dust from the mold could be the cause of your problems. (This is for the parents, be honest with your doctor!)
-------------------- Just another spore in the wind.
Thats just brilliant, in reply to the alcohol comment, Lets just crash our immune system to kill mold , heck the vitamin C in that glass-o-oj will bring it back up two days later eh ? You might go see a doctor , but you wouldnt have symptoms in two days , maybee not even a week , might have bronchitis for trying to "cough" it all up or whatnot , i dont know how worried about it u got but sometimes when i get high and get anxiety thinking i got lung cancer or sumthing i cough alot more than i should which inflames the lungs , can also cause sinus problems and anxiety / panic attacks from thinking the mold is going to kill you will cause muscle aches and such, if you get headaches , get dizzy , or you acctually start producing sputum which is yellow or brown or anything other than a slight green or clear then see a doc asap
-------------------- While i was in the grass, i picked them..