Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAngered Roach

Joints
    #7207338 - 07/21/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe i'm missing something.  I've absolutely pored over damn near every "learning to roll" tutorial online.  I've had so many people tell me how, read so many people's techniques.  I've rolled so many times... I could roll better joints when I was a noob at this, for chrissakes...they were ugly as hell looking joints but at least they smoked.

I don't want to have to rely on a pen or a cigarette roller everytime I want to roll a joint.  I don't need these things, all I need are my bare hands.

So, i'll get the joint to where the filling is in a perfect cylinder, and i'm ready to roll the paper up and blaze.  But I can't roll the paper.  I just don't get what's so difficult about rolling the paper.  I just can't get it rolled around the filling, and by the time I do, I ruin the shape and have to start over.  :mad2:

I've been sitting here with two books of papers, and have been attempting to roll this same amount of bud for what must be an hour...I should have been blazing a long time ago! This is so frustrating...It's not even that hard to do, i've seen people roll while driving, one handed, riding a horse, you name it.  I can't even roll while sitting at a table and concentrating on it and it alone.

Yeah, I know, pen or roller.  I've got both of those, but i'm not using them.  I'm going to get this down once and for all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Joints [Re: Angered Roach]
    #7207355 - 07/21/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Just smoke a bowl :thumbup:

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineAngered Roach

Re: Joints [Re: robbyberto]
    #7207360 - 07/21/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That too is an option, but, no, i'm going to learn how to roll these things or die trying. If millions of high school dropouts can do this like it's the easiest thing in the world, than why shouldn't I be able to as well?

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#7207364 - 07/21/07 05:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck :lol:.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#7207370 - 07/21/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

when you're ready to roll, hold it so the two ends of the paper are at equal height.

roll down until the end of the side of the paper closest to you is just over the stuff.

hold that little bit down to cover the stuff and get it to sort of tuck between the stuff and the other side of the paper.

roll "up"

the real key is : nimble fingers

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #7207389 - 07/21/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Theres no special trick to it, you just have to roll the weed tightly with the paper, then lick and stick that shit

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: Joints [Re: robbyberto]
    #7207392 - 07/21/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I have a friend who can roll a joint one handed in his hoodie pocket while taking to a cop (I've seen him do it)

as far as rolling goes I can't really help, I hardly ever roll joints. Have you tried using less? maybe you just have it too full to roll.

--------------------

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#7207412 - 07/21/07 05:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

joints rock, i cant roll freehand either man.

i got one of those joint rollers, roll a perfect fatty that looks like a cig without the filter.

OfflineSaintDunsmere
Novice
Female

Loc: Oregon
Re: Joints [Re: Leanin]
    #7207425 - 07/21/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I never really found rolling joints that hard... came pretty naturally.  It is a pretty basic concept :smile: clammyjoe put it well "roll the weed tightly with the paper, then lick and stick that shit"

If you want some hands on training, go find a bum in your town... they are GREAT at rolling joints/cigs... I have met one once who could roll one in each hand at the same time!  no joke

OfflineSaintDunsmere
Novice
Female

Loc: Oregon
Re: Joints [Re: SaintDunsmere]
    #7207436 - 07/21/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

oh btw... has anyone else here tried those transparent papers made 100% out of plant cells???  I have been rollin' w/ those now since I discovered them and probably wont go back (besides the occasional plain paper j).  I have heard people say they are easier to roll, but personally I have a harder time with them... they aren't as user friendly as plain paper but they sure smoke better!  They look pretty nice too before you smoke em... a green joint :smile:

Invisibleralphroks
humaniform

Loc: Up north passed Alaska
Re: Joints [Re: Leanin]
    #7207449 - 07/21/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Heres what other people have told me that made it work.

Hit a pipe so you got the joint rolling mind-set b4 you roll.
make sure your hands are not sweaty and your relaxed.
break it up to little buds shake rolls like shit cuz it falls out, stems
stab the paper.

Now get 1 1/4 zig-zag or hemp paper which is stronger and good for practicing. fold a crease half way down the ungummed half so the new crease is a quarter closer to the lip and farther away from the gum and dont use the middle crease unless for fatties,

keep the paper over the tray, and load it, the goal is to
form the cig. shape while loading and pack it down into that shape by squeezing before rolling, preroll is very important.

Now make sure your path is clear of debris and bring the lip to the gum by sliding it up. the tobacco will roll seperately from the sliding paper and hold it tight or it will shift and roll out the ends. now repeat the sliding back to original position and roll the paper around the log you formed Try to get it tight, thats easy with a uniform log. You should have a perfectly rolled cigarette that looks completely cylindrical. Your only problem should be rolling too tight.

practice a bunch.

--------------------
"Please read and learn and relay knowledge not misinformation! Thank you"-hyphae

OfflineAngered Roach

Re: Joints [Re: ralphroks]
    #7207555 - 07/21/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

2 hours later, and I still don't have anything to show for my efforts. Man this is so frustrating. Just staring at all this bud. I don't care. This bud will be in a joint. This joint -will- be rolled by my bare hands, one way or another.

Every joint i've ever had come out of any roller -looked- beautiful, but ran like crazy, and was always harder than fuck to hit, even when we loosened it up so much we ended up taking half the bud out. Rollers are junk, I only use them to make cigarettes.

I just can't get the paper tucked in behind the material. When I finally do get it tucked in, well, the shape of the material gets ruined, the joint is no longer tight, and i'm left looking at a pile of bud and an unrolled piece of cigarette paper. Again. And again. And again. I swear this happens to me -everytime- I roll. Same problem, everytime. But I just can't figure out what I need to do to make this, well, not a problem.

I've been using Hempire 1 1/2 hemp papers, tried creasing it a fourth of the way down instead of in the middle like i'd been doing.

I'm starting to understand why no one bothers learning to roll anymore these days.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Joints [Re: Clean]
    #7207569 - 07/21/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Clean said:
...the real key is : nimble fingers

True that, sausage fingers and joints do not mix well.

OfflineAngered Roach

Re: Joints [Re: Newbie]
    #7207636 - 07/21/07 07:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

FUCKING FINALLY. This will be the best damn joint i've ever had, bar none, considering i've been at it for three hours...

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#7207648 - 07/21/07 07:05 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #7207696 - 07/21/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Haha the trick is to get super baked before you do it, so you don't have to stress it. I just smoked a bowl of kief, and now its time to roll all that weed up into some joints  :stoned:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7207700 - 07/21/07 07:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah after all these years I still cannot reliably roll a decent joint.  I don't smoke enough joints to be good at it :ohwell:

Anyway I feel your pain :lol:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
Re: Joints [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7207745 - 07/21/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

rolling a joint came naturally for me too, i can't remember rolling one that didn't look and smoke well

i can't roll one handed, but i can while walking and while driving (real safe)

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Joints [Re: Nashbar]
    #7207991 - 07/21/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

you'll get the hang of it

do it once

and just do it again

get some drum tobacco and practise practise

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: Joints [Re: today mylove]
    #7208189 - 07/21/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well I always make a pocket out of the paper. Like twist the ends together so it makes a pocket, then stuff the weed inside and start rollin from the middle to the outside (ur less likely to get a pregnant looking joint that way. Once u get the hang of it they look like cigarettes. Mine always look like cigs.

I'm bout to roll a joint now hopefully, I don't have any papers so I shelled a cigarette..the papers around cigs are so small I hope i can roll it, well i know i will be able to roll it i just hope it puts enough smoke in to be worth the effort. Well good luck hope u get that rollin thing down.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Offlineivxx
pot head

#7208514 - 07/21/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

have you tried to dollar bill tek? it works for me. put your paper on top of a dollar bill and use the bill to roll it up if that makes any sense.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #7213577 - 07/23/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Smoke more weed.

Cmon though, its not hard to roll. Put an amount in the paper, make it fill evenly. Then put the non gummed end in and begin to roll. Your just gonna have to get used to shitty joints at first.

Perhaps you are using 1" papers. They can be tough for beginners.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineAngered Roach

Re: Joints [Re: mecreateme]
    #7219956 - 07/24/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It's great when you finally get the hang of this thing. Once I got eh...alright...with the basic cigarette shape, I just moved on to making spliffs.

1 1/2 papers, good amount of nug, one djarum black (for the tobacco), and a piece of cardboard to use as the crutch.  Damn, that made for a fun night. :stoned:

To all you non-rollers out there, let this thread be inspiration for you.  I went from not having any skill at rolling at all, to making big fat spliffs.

Here's my technique for spliff rolling, if it helps anyone.  And, yes, these actually do come out nice, hit like a motherfucker, and are just all around...a good thing to have. :stoned:

----

1. Start by getting a thin piece of cardboard, like a business card or the box for some kind of food.  Take a thin strip and roll it into a tight tube, roughly the size of the cigarette filter.  For fatter joints, roll the tube thicker.

2.  Get your 1 1/2s (Soooo much easier to roll fatties with these.), and put a crease 1/4 of the way down (roll halfway for fatties.).  Lay the cardboard tube at the end.

3.  Get your tobacco and bud broken up and ready.  Djarum Blacks are fucking tasty in a joint, but you can use whatever you want.

4.  Hold the paper with the crutch in it at an angle, and load a small layer of tobacco.

5.  Pack your bud on top of the tobacco, making it fatter at the end.

6. Put some more tobacco on top of the bud.

7.  The two leaves of paper sticking up from the bud/tobacco and the crutch.  Get them together (Do not lick and stick yet), roll the paper back and forth, turning the mixture into a tight tube, taking care not to end up with any of the mix on the crutch.  While you're doing this, tilt the paper and crutch at an angle.  This is what really helps the spliff attain it's classic "cone" shape.

7.  Now comes the tricky part.  When the bud is rolled into a tight cylinder, roll the leaf of paper closest to you down until it's level with the crutch and the mix, and tuck the leaf behind the crutch and the mix, and roll it up tight as possible.  This is probably where you'll fuck up, but don't get discouraged.

8.  Once most of the paper is rolled into place, take the gummed side and lick it.  Wrap it around the spliff at an angle (NOT like a cigarette), and lick it.

9.  At this stage, you'll have a mostly finished spliff with a crutch, with an opened end.  The gum may unstick at the end, don't fret.  This is because it's not actually rolled around any of the material.  Just leave it open.

10.  Take a pen.  Grab any of the herb/tobacco mix that fell out and pack the end, using the pen to get it all nice.

11.  Once that's finished, get some saliva on your fingers.  Grab the crutch, and begin twisting the paper towards you.  Hold onto it tightly so it retains this shape.

12.  Twist off the end.  Twist it tightly so the material inside is nice and tight.

13.  Still holding onto the crutch, grab a lighter. and run the flame over the finished spliff, taking care not to actually light it up.  This is called baking, and will help tighten the end product, not to mention help the bud stick to the paper better.

14.  Spark it up and enjoy your efforts.  :stoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals