Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFunGuyWithFungi
Stranger
Male
Loc: Virginia
mushrooms that turn blue
    #7201849 - 07/20/07 11:57 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine found some mushrooms that turn blue when you pinch them, so i guess they probably have psilocybin in them. I'm wondering how likely it is that they might be deadly or unhealthy mushrooms, just judging from that.

thanks
funguy

--------------------
I've got growing mushrooms down to a SCIENCE!

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: mushrooms that turn blue [Re: FunGuyWithFungi]
    #7201874 - 07/20/07 12:06 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I think there are two types of blue-staining mushrooms...

1. Psychedelic mushrooms
2. Poisonous Boletus

It would be helpful if we had a picture, but if you don't, just look at some pictures of Boletus mushrooms, they're pretty easy to identify... their gills are like a sponge, for instance.

This is a blueing Boletus...

And this is a psychedelic mushroom...

Big difference... :mushroom2:

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery
Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: mushrooms that turn blue [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #7202038 - 07/20/07 12:55 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

so many people come on here and ask if a randomly found mushroom is active, you should probably assume its poisonous. What conditions was it growing in, whats the weather type, what are the gils like, waht color, shape, was it growing in wood? dirt? grass? manuer? cow pattie? horse pattie? mulch?

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Loc: GA
Re: mushrooms that turn blue [Re: implee]
    #7202099 - 07/20/07 01:10 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

as said...details please!

nobody can help you based off of simply blue bruising.

always assume poison first if you have no knowledge of the type of mushroom you are looking for.

check through the pages on the site. look at what kinds of actives grow in your area, then if it looks similar one or several and you can narrow it down , ask for an id request of the species in question. take pics, take spore prints, give all the details so the great folks of this site can better serve and help you.

the more info the better!

good luck!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification