Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

live healthier, trip harder
    #7136225 - 07/06/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hey along the way i've noticed that if you live a healthier lifestyle your mushroom trips become more intense. They really help the visuals and the overall feeling. Here is my simple plan to healthy living.

foods that should be eaten on a daily basis

1. fruits/vegetables (the more the better!)

2. whole grains (oatmeal, cornmeal, whole wheat ect)

3. protien (lean meats(chicken/fish), whey or soy protien supplements
(just a few servings)

foods that should be avoided

1 processed foods, refined sugars in pop and most candy, white bread, potato chips

2 high fat foods, like marbled beef, ice cream, butter and whole milk products (if you get dairy get low low fat stuff)

Make sure you get 3-5 days a week of moderate excersize.

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #7136233 - 07/06/07 07:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

and drink a quart of water every day (fill up one of your extra spawn jars and chug awaay! :smile: )

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Invisibledarklcd
Stranger

Loc: on top of the world
    #7136247 - 07/06/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I agree. In no way am I a health nut or anything, but I try to live the best I can and eating healthy not only makes for a better trip, but leaves you with more energy and feeling better through a regular day. Couldn't agree more with stop drinking pop. When I stopped drinking pop I lost over 10 pounds. I have to dabble with eating ice cream though, it's one of my only little guilty pleasures.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
    #7136254 - 07/06/07 07:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i was considering stopping drinking. Your body just feels so unhealthy when you are hungover its almost dirty.

--------------------
Grow Room

Invisibledarklcd
Stranger

Loc: on top of the world
Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: drSE]
    #7136280 - 07/06/07 08:03 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
i was considering stopping drinking. Your body just feels so unhealthy when you are hungover its almost dirty.

OMG, waking up after the 4th, I wanted to punch myself in the face for putting myself through what I did.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
    #7136421 - 07/06/07 08:48 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i totally agree to that. I drank for like 14 hours on the fourth.

--------------------
Grow Room

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: darklcd]
    #7136606 - 07/06/07 09:33 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I started to lessen my red meat consuming about 8 years ago when I hooked up with my girl.. (who didn't eat red meat but ate chicken). Few years I ate less and less meat and I was the one that quit eating chicken first and then my girl followed that idea too.
Now I have stopped drinking milk and drinking more soy-products ie. milk, yoghurt's etc. I've noticed that I eat and desire to enjoy fish less and less over the time. In fact I haven't had a desire for meat in many years.. now I feel a bit disgusted when ever I see an ad in the TV or newspaper, or when I smell the barbecue (burnt flesh and PolyAromaticCarboncombosites (carcinogens) from neighbors grill. And the strangest thing is that once I used to think like the most of the people do, but now its quite different ..
I think I am on a gradual, slow path to becoming a vegan.
I feel much healthier, I haven't had a seasonal flu or any other mild nauseating kind of sickness that occupies, the other people you work with, with great volume. I think so or it could be only a distorted point of observation. I have perfect blood pressure, ideal bodymassindex, psychedelic mind :smile:, vivid dreams and great energy. Maybe my trips will become ever more energetic?

I had noticeable visual effects with 0.1g of Golden Teacher [just one dried up stem that was about 7cm, little over 2" long, flat: 1 mm thickness and 5mm width]
I noticed that the clouds had layers [shadow, light] .. while staring at the sky, the shadow layers were shifting or moving but the light layer/part of the clouds didn't move at all. It did require a bit of concentration/relaxation..
This with no tolerance, as I haven't been tripping (but few less than 0.25g dosages) so can't really tell if it's my diet or low tolerance.

I highly recommend that everyone start writing up or analyzing a bit of what they consume in a week for example.
Just for the health of yourselves, globe, society, animals and environment. :heart:

most healthy diet you'll ever get, go vegan now. :smile:
also good for the environment..
and maybe the torture and messing up with animals will end in the vegan world some day.
"You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Maybe some day you will joins us, and the world will be as one." Lennon's singing goes well in here too.

Anyone doubting that vegan diet is a unhealthy and weak diet for strong working man?? Check these out:
http://spotthevegan.co.uk/

You can do it, you can do everything!

:sun:
blah blah.. stoner rambling ends.. :rasta:

Invisibleint21h
Champion Bong Toker
Male

Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: astraalialma]
    #7136702 - 07/06/07 10:08 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

:glittershitz: :snub:

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: int21h]
    #7136789 - 07/06/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I heard if you do Pilates before you dose, it makes you see god. :P

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7136978 - 07/06/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

live healthier? trip harder? DREW LIKE :rockon:

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Offlinehalf9
Mind Expander

Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7137492 - 07/06/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a armature bodybuilder, weighing in at 200lbs at 5'11'' with less then 9% Body Fat.

I FEEL SO FRECKEN AWESOME EVERYDAY!!!!

I encourage everyone to live a healthy lifestyle!

--------------------
P.L.U.R.
Salvia Report - 50x

Offlineo9o
Fire

Loc: Earth
    #7137735 - 07/06/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

do fruit shaped candies count as fruit??:confused:

:grin:

do you live in california????

I agree with most of what you said except your number 2 to avoid. Red meat, butter, and milk are more than fine man. I can barely keep weight on. Its like your disagreeing with earth... Trust me. There are slow moving large animals for a reason... and guess what milk and butter are good too. Margerine is whats evil...

Your on the right track... you might want to look at the earth though instead of a book. If man has to use some industrial process its shit. The earth has everything we need... Its greedy humans that try to make you think you need to go to the grocery store or fast food. Grow a garden... Buy local produce, buy local dairy, and buy local meat... THATS WHERE ITS AT. Steak, potatoes, veggies, fresh bread, fresh milk with cream, a fresh trout, wild asperegus.... mmmm I need lunch now. Maybe I'm just lucky to live near people who think this way. Big cities make me dipressed cause all the food there tastes bland.... even at fancy restaraunts.

ha talk talk

Ya I trip better too when I eat good :thumbup:

Offlineo9o
Fire

Loc: Earth
MILK [Re: o9o]
    #7137760 - 07/06/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

MILK

and anyone who likes milk ... you need to try non homogonized, non pasturized milk. Milk used to make my throat soar and wasnt refreshing... then I found out.. duh its all homogonized and pasturized or ultra pasturized...

Drink local milk..  :psycow: 

a big chunk a fresh cream on a homemade cookie is the best!

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: MILK [Re: o9o]
    #7140992 - 07/07/07 03:58 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Red meat, butter and milk are more than fine but they do contain saturated fats, cholesterol and animal proteins.
I can't see why margarine is evil? Margarine is healthier option with less cholesterol and bad fats, it can be 100% vegan too by using vegetable oils.

Processed foods are evil, waste of resources, unsatisfying taste.. just plain dumb idea, IMHO. Shelves upon shelves full of the same kind of packed Frankensteins with hundreds of different labels.. :rolleyes:

Support your local farmers and organic growers!
Give up the fast food, I think it is just business that aims to maximize profit with no concern on the health of the citizens or animals or planet. Shame.
Get organized so that you have time to cook your own food. Its much more satisfying and calming lifestyle.

.. MILK ..
Anyone who likes milk, you gotta try soy-milk products. I got surprised the first time I tried.. and got addicted. There are various products, some are sweetened and contain additional vitamins and minerals. For example D, B12-vitamins and Calcium.

If you have the potential and option to choose.. choose wisely.

And remember that if you aren't lactose intolerant, then you are an exception as most of the human population doesn't have the ability to process lactose. In many countries milk is not in use in the same extent, so it is not a vital ingredient of healthy life. Calcium is naturally weakly absorbed from the milk. Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol lessens the absorption even more.

Take care :rasta:

OfflineRansford
Stranger

Re: MILK [Re: astraalialma]
    #7141689 - 07/07/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have experienced this, the better metabolism you have the harder you trip(not always a good thing though, lol).

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: MILK [Re: Ransford]
    #7141747 - 07/07/07 11:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I find when I exercise real hard and then smoke pot, I will definitely get much more stoned than if I just smoked without exercising beforehand. Same with tripping, on mushrooms I usually seem to trip harder when I spend the whole day at a campsite getting everything set up and gathering firewood.

You must stress your body so that the gods take pity on you and reward you with a wonderful trip. :smile:

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #7142260 - 07/07/07 01:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I eat fish, red meat, chicken, bacon, etc all the time. And I trip on as little as 0.5 grams of cubensis, and have experienced complete ego dissolution on 2 grams. I'm not sure if I need any more intensity! :smile:

Especially fat fish is very healthy: lots of nourishing protein, and omega-3 fat which is good for the cardiovascular system and for the brain. The human brain is about 8 percent omega-3 by weight.

Some foods I do try to avoid though: all milk and dairy products, hard liquor, and excessive amounts of carbohydrates. And any vegetables that make me fart a lot.

I agree that physical exercise is very beneficial. Just half an hour every day to get the circulation going makes a huge difference not only for my trips, but in everything I do.

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: MILK [Re: Kinematics]
    #7142269 - 07/07/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

lucky me!

not a "health nut" but i do enjoy my fruits and veggies
i eat an apple, orange, banana, plum, peach, nectarine, mango, and either strawberries,blueberries,cherries(one of the finger fruits)everyday, and although they are good for you, its more the vegetables that are good for immune systems, and antioxidants. all i drink is water, and milk for dinner, and whole grain cereal in the morning. NO SODA. SODA BAD. and nasty imo

but i love my red meat too, and i agree that its a natural balance, i couldnt imagine life w/out meat. it was given to us, just like our shroomies were!

this might also explain why i have generally "harder" trips of all kinds than most of my friends do....as theyre washing down the taste of their shrooms with a mountain dew....personally i also think shrooms are DELICIOUS.

anyway, just my 2 cents, and some babling for free!

peaceloveGodbless

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: MILK [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #7162103 - 07/11/07 05:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You're the margarine of evil! The diet coke of evil!

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

OfflineRobert Jarvik
Stranger
Male

Loc: -
Re: live heathier, trip harder *DELETED* [Re: moeburn]
    #7162126 - 07/11/07 05:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Robert Jarvik

Reason for deletion: ...

--------------------
-

OfflineKingDavid
Stranger
Re: live heathier, trip harder [Re: Robert Jarvik]
    #7162154 - 07/11/07 05:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I try to eat as well as I can. I trip beautifully from small doses. I like to take herbal supplements before I trip as well. I use valerian to calm myself, gingko to sharpen my awareness, and a B-Complex to handle the stress. I love tripping.

Offlinedcstar500
Just starting onthe path...
Male

Loc: USA
    #7163320 - 07/11/07 09:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

VampireSlayer said:
Hey along the way i've noticed that if you live a healthier lifestyle your mushroom trips become more intense. They really help the visuals and the overall feeling. Here is my simple plan to healthy living.

foods that should be eaten on a daily basis

1. fruits/vegetables (the more the better!)

2. whole grains (oatmeal, cornmeal, whole wheat ect)

3. protien (lean meats(chicken/fish), whey or soy protien supplements
(just a few servings)

foods that should be avoided

1 processed foods, refined sugars in pop and most candy, white bread, potato chips

2 high fat foods, like marbled beef, ice cream, butter and whole milk products (if you get dairy get low low fat stuff)

Make sure you get 3-5 days a week of moderate excersize.

Perfect.

Exactly what I've been trying to live by for the last couple months. I love it! I work out M, W, F and I'm getting super defined and putting on some mass (with the help of protein). That food advice though is pretty much EXACTLY what I've been trying to do, and I'm really getting alot out of it and feel great everyday. Good post!

--------------------
"And the alien anthropologists, after exhausting all possible explanations for the demise of the human race, were forced to settle on the only reason left: This species has amused itself to death."
-Roger Waters

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #7163610 - 07/11/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

sometimes I jerk off and it makes a big mess. :firecum:

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: live healthier, trip harder [Re: aDoS]
    #7163648 - 07/11/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
sometimes I jerk off and it makes a big mess. :firecum:

hahaha..

I don't know what to say on this matter as I'm always active and i guess i'm pretty healthy.

being fit makes my trips more enjoyable that one thing for sure.  having a good diet is one thing, being fit is another

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag