Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrank84
Stranger
Negative effects of DMT
    #7117908 - 07/02/07 03:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I am planning on making some DMT, I am just wondering if anyone knows the negative effects of DMT, both physically and mentally if there are any. And is there any negative information i need to know about DMT before trying it.
Cant seem to find much information on DMT over the web.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: frank84]
    #7117946 - 07/02/07 04:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

One patient in Straussman's book DMT: The Spirit Molecule suffered anaphylactic shock from DMT. Body load description was described as retching, turning pale blue, blood pressure dropping to comatose levels, falling down head first, violent tremors all over the body...

I had the same thing happen to me but that's kind of cause I uh shot dmt plant matter (i didnt know it was dangerous then cause i was STUPID) the shaking is so violent it will bruise your bones, that seriously is where it hurt the most, and the whole half-hour it continued i was just wishing i was dead...

That's only if you have a shock reaction though. You can find out if you are allergic to DMT first by starting in low doses.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #7118120 - 07/02/07 07:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

it's also very unlikely that you're allergic to it.

just know it's a chemical that is to be respected.

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7118470 - 07/02/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I receive a lot of the same effects with DMT as I do with salvia

slight nausea (more noticeable than with salvia), feeling like I was kicked/punched in the mouth, sweating (less than with salvia), and it makes me really tired afterwards

also, I've had problems letting go, so the experiences are sometimes somewhat uncomfortable

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: demiu5]
    #7118669 - 07/02/07 10:53 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

dmt is what you would expect in a short super intense psychedelic

it can be very anxiety provoking, uncomfortable, overwhelming, etc.

it can also be the most divine experience of your life

btw, it can be had online for $77/g (pure n'n-dmt freebase, not the shit 5meo)

dont pm me for the source, find it with google, it only took me like 3 hours searching, that easy. Ive spent 3 hours trying to score weed in my younger days.

OfflineRansford
Stranger

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Druggie04]
    #7118710 - 07/02/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Druggie04 said:

If you live in the United States i would suggest buying MDT or 5MEODMT off the internet as they are both illegal and not worth the chances since the extraction tech is so easy.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Ransford]
    #7121362 - 07/02/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Not to mention the incredible price difference.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinefrank84
Stranger
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Ransford]
    #7122914 - 07/03/07 02:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ransford said:
Quote:

Druggie04 said:

If you live in the United States i would suggest buying MDT or 5MEODMT off the internet as they are both illegal and not worth the chances since the extraction tech is so easy.

i looked up the extraction tech and it didn't look that easy to me, may be much easier in practice
do u have any links with your extraction technique? if thats not allowed to be posted on the forum then ignore the question

OfflineMadbudz
Not so strange.
Female

Loc: The Gibson.
    #7122943 - 07/03/07 03:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Imagine tripping on 10000ug of LSD (100 doses) for fifteen minutes, if that sounds scary you are not ready for DMT.

--------------------
NO sig needed

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Madbudz]
    #7122944 - 07/03/07 03:16 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That actually doesn't sound scary to me.

Because I'd probably black out at like 500 to 1,000UG's.

actually.... i blacked out for most of my DMT trip too.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Crystal G]
    #7126297 - 07/03/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Obviously the experience can be rather subjective.
Negative effects? Personally the worst effects are the taste and smell.
The experience is of course impossible to describe, but it could be considered something like a high-dose mushroom trip entirely condensed into 10-15 minutes (like that other guy said with LSD.) The likelihood of a physical reaction which would actually jeopardize your health is by all accounts certainly less than 1%, (assuming you don't have a preexisting medical condition.)

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #7126350 - 07/03/07 09:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

frank84 said:
i looked up the extraction tech and it didn't look that easy to me, may be much easier in practice
do u have any links with your extraction technique? if thats not allowed to be posted on the forum then ignore the question

www.dmt-nexus.com

Look for the Lazy Man's Tek.

Easiest by far, and very productive.

There are many teks on this site too-- look for Shirley's recent thread for a wealth of info, and at the nexus-- - teks are everywhere, and only a single search term away.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinefrank84
Stranger
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: coAsTal]
    #7127199 - 07/04/07 01:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the link

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male

Loc: everywhere
    #7129277 - 07/04/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

when smoking DMT be very careful not to burn it! it tastes so much worse than it being vaped and is incredibly harsh.

the only negative effects would be any that you would find with mushrooms/LSD, or in other words, tripping.

if you try to involve your mind, to analyze the experience, to hold on to yourself, it may have negative reactions beyond the taste and smell.

smoking it on top of some stinky buds masks the taste and smell rather well. beyond that, you just have to let go.

OM :psychsplit: :sunny: :psychsplit: OM

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

Offlinecavemate_A
Stranger
Male

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: chubbycharley]
    #7130259 - 07/04/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the extraction is dangerous. note that sodium hydroxide has a pH of 14, it is a powerful base that will react strongly to any other material you may accidentally have it come in contact with -- especially human flesh. you can get perminant scars. take the proper safety precautions.

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: cavemate_A]
    #7131634 - 07/05/07 08:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

IMO ordering plant matter is just as sketchy as pure dmt. I think 77/g is an amazingly good price considering I get a lab pure dmt freebase. I live with my parents and in college dorms, neither of those are good places for drug extractions. However, i can easily recieve a letter anywhere.

And... analog act anyone? Its all illegal, so i might as well go for the best stuff. With the way our system works, I feel safer ordering pure DMT than buying weed on the streets. As with any order, keep it to personal use amounts, and your your main worry is a customs love letter and a loss of cash.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Druggie04]
    #7135703 - 07/06/07 01:02 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The analog act exists, yes. But especially if it's local law enforcement that busts you, you're more likely to slide through the cracks with a "what the fuck is this" drug, rather than a clear-print schedule I psychedelic. It's true though that it doesn't make your package any more likely to be opened compared to if you ordered 5-MeO-DMT or something. If you're going to import, you might as well go for the gold.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibleveilbreaker
Sour girl
Female

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Madbudz]
    #7136947 - 07/06/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Madbudz said:
Imagine tripping on 10000ug of LSD (100 doses) for fifteen minutes, if that sounds scary you are not ready for DMT.

Would the rest of you who are experienced with DMT agree with this statement?

--------------------
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:amanitajar: :rose:

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: veilbreaker]
    #7136992 - 07/06/07 11:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah its like a very intense 15 minute acid trip with visuals like no other. Ahh the visuals... beautiful... I've never had any negative effects rather than gettin impure crystals on my tongue through the pipe and having my tongue slightly burned from the NaOH, and the smoke is pretty harsh. Other than that it's a blast.

5-MeO-DMT however is a different story, that shit made my muscles cramp up and blood pressure shoot up to where I thought my veins were going to pop, and gave me a horrible headache, and the "trip" is nothing like DMT in my experience with it. I'd stay away from that shit if I was you.

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #7137029 - 07/06/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veilbreaker said:
Quote:

Madbudz said:

I wouldnt go that far. It's incredibly intense, but nothing like 100 hits of acid.

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

OfflineYlluks
Stranger
    #7144557 - 07/08/07 12:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I really can not say what 10000ug of LSD would be like.  I've never done anywhere near that amount in one sitting.  I do know that it was crazier for me than eating half an ounce of dried mushrooms.  I definitely recommend trying it though, as long as you have some trip experience.  I've tripped quite a bit on just about everything, aside from a handful of the more obscure research chemicals.  DMT took me beyond anything I've ever experienced before in my life.  I don't really think anyone could ever really be ¨ready¨ for it. :laugh: I think I need to write a trip report pretty soon.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Ylluks]
    #7144915 - 07/08/07 02:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

for the record, i think 5-meo-dmt is awesome.
for me its effects have always been gods loving embrace in a vial.
the essence of religion purifyed.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7145036 - 07/08/07 02:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It's hard on the lungs, but other than that, I've never experienced anything I could call negative. DMT can be a spiritual asskicking of sorts but it's all good.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Grok]
    #7145750 - 07/08/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My spice is as smooth as creamy silk going down cilosyb-- no burn at all... extraction quality is everything :wink:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Invisiblecloudtripper
Knock and theDoor will open

#7146258 - 07/08/07 12:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

IMO DMT is more hallucinogen than psychedelic, you see stuff but you mind is the pretty much the same, perception doesn't change, your just an observer, I find pot much more psychedelic and useful.

Since smoking DMT about a dozen times. I've noticed a side affect. Each time I smoked I'd get the ringing in my ears, the stronger the ringing the stronger the trip will be, but the thing is I still get the ringing in my ears and I haven't smoked DMT for months. Not all the time, but often enough. I've played in bands for 10 years often at stupid sound levels so I was kinda of expecting it .. but the DMT seemed to kick it off .. tinnitus. Stress seems to also make it worse. That is one reason why I gave up on the DMT.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: cloudtripper]
    #7146876 - 07/08/07 03:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

DMT is relatively safe... besides the mentioned lab reactions people have had, out of the hundreds upon hundreds of internet users who use it there has been no significant reactions that I am aware of, and if there has been, it has been a very rare instance. It is a very safe drug... except for, as stated, the harshness of the smoke and the smell... kinda like burnt plastic mothballs...

You can't beat the good ole fashioned marsofold tek. EXTREMELY easy to do, great yield! It's easier the baking a cake... no kidding. Here is a good link to it posted here, with a lot of useful lab tips from myself. Make sure to read all the posts in the thread on all pages, as there are some rather big clumps of very useful tek guides throughout it :smile:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6667657/an/0/page/0

And Shirley used this tek and took some great pics along the way!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6902560/an/0/page/0

Hooooray DMT!!

:royalrainbow:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: SDP]
    #7147148 - 07/08/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Whatever you do, just don't fall into shit.

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

#7181286 - 07/15/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veilbreaker said:
Quote:

Madbudz said:

Well, I can't say what taking that amount of LSD would be like, but I have eaten 25g dried cubensis, and DMT was several times as intense as that.

Be ready for the roaring in your ears and hang on....

Here's a piccy pic:

650mg nn-DMT from 100g MHRB using a modified QT tek, before washing and recrystallization

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

Edited by henryp (07/15/07 10:32 PM)

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: henryp]
    #7183018 - 07/16/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There are levels of a DMT trip-- the upper levels are completely different from the low-mid ones, though I still recommend people start out with lighter doses just to get the general vibe of the spice before losing it...

I did quite a bit of spice while on a 4.5g shroom trip this weekend, and it was absolutely fucking amazing-- it's different when on shrooms, and indescribable... we loved it! We hit mid-size doses (20-30mg) every 20 min/half-hour or so after the peak of the shroom trip, for mostly VERY good experiences--

I have to admit, I did have one of those "trapped in my mind in infinity and everything's becoming a nightmare" flash-- it lasted maybe 30 seconds-- felt longer, and it was horrible, but my girlfriend said she never realized was having a bad moment. I don't know if it was the shrooms or the DMT that tripped that episode...

After it passed, I was fine again.

--------------------

Spore Trading List

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7183049 - 07/16/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How long does the DMT seem to last under the influence of shrooms, as compared to on its own?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7183428 - 07/16/07 01:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It feels like a new layer to the trip-- and we just bumped with another hit on the pipe when we felt like it was wearing off-- so your answer is 20-30 minutes or so.

Since we were already on shrooms the come-down from the spice was different... but you noticed it.

We were tripping with the shroom/DMT mix for about two hours total-- and it was fucking awesome--we never really came down from the spice high in that time.
Again-- this was with ~30mg doses-- I think I might have gone over that a few times--we got pretty fucked up there for awhile-- but it was mostly bliss :smile:

--------------------

Spore Trading List

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #7183639 - 07/16/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

intense fear, anxiety, loneliness, confusion are common as with most mind-altering substances. since DMT is considered the big daddy, i'd expect the effects to be stronger than you expect.

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Fellow Pioneerof the Mind
Male
Loc: Oregon
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: Limerick]
    #7183740 - 07/16/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

if there are negative effects, i've yet to have any. like others have posted above, it is a psychedelic and a very overwhelming one considering the brevity of the trip (like mushrooms and acid all condensed into 10-15 min.) but i will say this...
my first DMT trip (i also 'broke through' on the first try) was unlike anything i have ever encountered before or since. it truly is a life alterring experience. i do advice you to be careful during the extraction, but after that...go nuts, man. good luck.
journey well and safe.

--------------------
"I'm glad mushrooms are illegal. You know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, 'My God...I love...EVERYthing!' Now if that isn't a hazard to this country..."
-Bill Hicks

Offlinestivalaballa95
Stranger
    #12407456 - 04/17/10 02:27 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

well i tried it for the first time with my girlfriend about a week ago and i gave her a little hit and then packed another hit of 5-meo and i waited 20 minutes for her to chill out because she isn't really in that kinda stuff... then, i hit the bowl with the cannabis for an easy hit. and i remember sitting down feeling really fucking good then i woke up with my uncle,dad,and mom around me yellin and shit and i was trippin balls all over the place right in front of my parents and uncle, the highest I've even been in my life, and my face was all bruised up because my girlfriend said i was rollin on the floor throwing myself into the walls and my eye is still black and blue. but other than that i really liked it. i just felt so good and i didn't care about anything but i was still fully aware. I'd say 5x shroom peak but for like 5 min, then you feel like a pillow after that.

OfflineShining Cosmos
Space Nomad
Male

Loc: PHX
Re: Negative effects of DMT [Re: demiu5]
    #18683797 - 08/09/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

demiu5 said:
also, I've had problems letting go, so the experiences are sometimes somewhat uncomfortable

agreed. especially if it's not an angelic trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order