Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms?
    #7023055 - 06/08/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Alot of people are confused on when they should see mushrooms. Okay well as a cultivator I know how long it takes for a mushroom to go from primordia to full fruit body takes. This is for all you newbs out there. Mycelium networks are under the ground whether it be shit or dirt, it only takes one day of rain to activate this network into fruiting....yes it takes one day for them to start to fruit but does that mean that one day of 100% humidity shrooms are gonna fruit?? hell no. Primordia will form but then by the next day they will die because its not raining anymore. YOu have to wait for atleast 6 consecutive days of rain to let the mycelium network activate(day1&2), form primordia(day 3), start to pin(day 4), Start to form fruiting bodies (5), Fully mature (6).

hope this helps

wait i forgot to mention, you probably will see one or two small shrooms if you go out after a couple days of small rains but to get the real whopper shrooms it has to be 6 days of strait rain period.

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Edited by Pikashroom (06/08/07 02:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #7023372 - 06/08/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

anyone agree with this? :shrug:

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Invisible1Badfish
 User Gallery

#7023413 - 06/08/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Umm, no. I've been hunting shrooms for about 12 years and have found shit storms of shrooms in the few days following a single rain storm. If the ground/myc. are wet enough for the days following the rain and the temp and humidity are right, booyah shrooms! "At least 6 days of rain" is nonsense.

--------------------

OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: 1Badfish]
    #7023424 - 06/08/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

okay well I'm telling you you're wrong...it's all about humidity. You can't just have one day of rain (100% humidity) and expect tons of dope shrooms.

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #7023504 - 06/08/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Pika, I also have to disagree with you. It's all about how wet the ground is. One day of hard rain followed by several days of high humidity will do it. Furthermore, if the mycelium is too wet mushrooms won't grow. I don't think you can just make some rule (like 6 days) and expect the mushrooms to follow it. Plus, 6 days of torrential rain is a lot different than 6 days of drizzle etc. Not to mention the other 1000 or so variables that determine mushroom fruiting.

And, why do you ask if people agree with this and then just tell them they are wrong when they don't? Is this a discussion or just a proclamation?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7023511 - 06/08/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

One rain is enough to get some mushrooms to fruit. If the mycelium is happy and the mushrooms are ready to fruit, even fog can cause them to pop up.

You will find many more mushrooms after six days of rain because even the patches that weren't about to fruit at the slightest drop of water will decide that its time.

OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: xmush]
    #7023521 - 06/08/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i do have to agree that if the humidity is trapped underground by topsoil like casing then you shrooms could produce with only a day or two of rain there. and also you guys are right that aslong as the humdity is 80 or higher for a long enough period you will get shrooms too but if you get one day of 100% humdity, the next day 80 percent and then the third day 50% you might get some mushrooms but they won't be as big as a 6 day of rain with 100% humidity every day.

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
    #7023552 - 06/08/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

in my limited experience, 100%RH has nothing to do with fruiting, it's been 50-60% here and the woods are full

rain is all that matters (and warmth if you're in Minnesota)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #7023585 - 06/08/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This depends on the species you are hunting.

Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata has been fruiting here in Ohio non-stop since May 1st and it has only rained 4 times since then. Humidity has been high and that seems to be enough for them.

A few years ago I found a Chicken of the Woods fruitings during an August drought.

There are just too many factors involved to make general rules like those above.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: shroomydan]
    #7023708 - 06/08/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've found in my years of hunting that temperature and relative humidity make more of a difference than rain. Although rain will speed up the process and harbor a much better condition for the myceum to grow and fruit, it is is not a major factor in overall growth. The fields are a very different station than jars or terrariums, the fields can hold, release or remove moisture dependant on an insurmountable number of variables. Face it, nature has any grow tek beat by a few billion years. If the PF and other teks methods of condition were required by nature, then we would have no shrooms on the gulf coast due to the increasing droughts brought every year. Cubes are a hearty species, and they WILL grow when they damn well please.

I didn't mean that to sound confrontational, pikashroom. I just get emotional about my cubes sometimes, especially when their habits are thrown into question.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

OfflineStoned_Myconaut
WTF? Mate!
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: joekenorer]
    #7025441 - 06/09/07 03:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Man, it's been raining every couple of days here in Central Florida, the humidity has been 80% + everyday, and the shroom growth is shit.
I've spent hours in the field and found only a few cubies. Not meaning to rant, but it's all in when the mycelium feels damn good and ready to fruit, and around here the mycelium is taking a fucking siesta.

--------------------
"I Pledge Allegiance to the Drug War of the United States of America, And to the Hypocrisy for Which It Stands, One Notion, Under Czar, Indefensible, With Incarceration and Injustice for All." - Thomas Paine

I was thrown out of Barnes & Noble for placing the Bibles in the fiction section.

Stoned_Myconaut's Outdoor Grow Tek (Southern Style)

Anyone, but Bush:devil:
:minigun::jesus:
How's my Posting?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: Stoned_Myconaut]
    #7026685 - 06/09/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have noticed that each field is different.
Some drain quicker than others.
It is a mixture of RH and ground water that gets the shrooms to popping in the wild.

I recently started hunting a field that dries out quicker than my other field. The timing is hard to peg w/this field. Other field was 3 days after a rain (of at least a 1/2 inch) and shrooms were everywhere.

I checked this field 3 days after a good rain, and virtually all shroom growth was gone. Gotta check it the day after next time.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinelovvingcubies
Trying to figureit out

Loc: Tampa,Florida
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: niteowl]
    #7026727 - 06/09/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Around here pikashroom it normaly takes a good week of solid rain to get "season" in the swing of things,i always had thought that is what gives the myc a good start.And by that time in the part of year (next few weeks) we start geting showers and ALLOT of HOT MUGGY days ,which is just perfect.and then from there on out in my findings the fields are fruiting,RIGHT after rain.normaly if we get some rain it takes soem rain and a nice sunny day (to get that warmth and humid climate) for things to be reall good.in the wild in florida it doesent take the cubenis that long  AT ALL to mature...we talking hours .But the first week of rain normaly gets the myc alive and thirving enough to fruit healthy loads and stay alive there small dry times.Cant wait till things get pumpin full go man :smile: :smile:

--------------------
There are allot of doors in the world but only one leads out of it

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: lovvingcubies]
    #7026762 - 06/09/07 02:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I remember back in 95-96 we had very little information on mushrooms outside what we learned in highschool science class. We just knew what cubes were and where to find them. We came to the conclusion that hot, muggy nights made them spawn and thats when we looked for them. We actually believed that rained "washed" them away somehow, so we only looked long after a storm had passed. We were always successful. It seemed like the humidity on the grass alone was keeping them healthy. Today I know rain is helpful, but I don't base my hunting time around it. I base it around conditions whether there was rain or not. Seems to make no difference if the humidity is high and the grass is tall. IME anyway.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: When is the best time to go hunting for shrooms? [Re: joekenorer]
    #7027070 - 06/09/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Tall grass is essential for helping draw out the moisture from the air and into the ground, and for shade from the scorching sun.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order