Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
2 Questions about 2 different species
    #7019433 - 06/07/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

question 1:
I have been working on Subbalteatus cultivation for a couple of months now and each time it comes to transfer the LC to the grain to spawn it always goes horribly contaminated within the grain jars. no growth ever.

But I finally decided to make cakes for them as recommended by another shroomery member and i have some results i would like to get clarified.

This white stuff has been growing slowly for at least 3 days and is only covering the top and a little bit under the surface of the cake. ive had it at 84 degrees within a closed container. Is this stuff myceluim or is it a cobweb mold or something? there are no unusual smells coming from the jar. Is it a contam or am i on the right way? Is subbalteatus mycelium different looking than cube myc?

Question 2:
I recently found a few of the rather rare panaeolopsis nirimbii and have started to make a Honey LC. I guess it really liked the honey since it fully colonized in 2 days with no contams.

what should I transfer this LC to? a cake? grain substrate? does anyone know what it prefers? i would like to know some more about it so i can continue my little experiments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2 Questions about 2 different species [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7019896 - 06/07/07 04:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Try grass seed as a fruiting substrate, since it grows in grass and Pan subbs do well on it also. Interested in your Panaeolopsis. My experiments are growing very slowly on agar and horse manure (but I am getting some bluing) so I am going to do a transfer to grass seed. Also, there is more than one species of Panaeolopsis and yours may not be P. nirimbii, not that it matters much.

If you retained any dried specimens I would like to microscopically compare it to the Curecat sample if possible.

Good luck!

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7019898 - 06/07/07 04:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

LC is just growing mycelium. You can transfer it to either; put it in a syringe and treat it as you do spores; just put it in a sterile environment and watch it do its thing!

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 Questions about 2 different species [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7020561 - 06/07/07 07:42 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, im very happy with the feedback but both of my questions arent completely answered. I wanted to know if That is contam or not in my cake. anyone know?

also don't know which panaeolopsis it was. (I thought there was just nirimbii!)

also, are you doing the agar and poo work on the panaeolopsis or the subbs? i was a little confused about which you meant.
And would you recommend i inoculate grass seed with the Subb and Panaeolopsis LC's? I have difficulty with grain and still need to get a pressure cooker. But i have been successful in sterilizing with steam tyndallization too.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7020985 - 06/07/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I can't tell much about the cake, it could be good.

Currently I am just working with the Panaeolopsis, but I need to start some Pan subb trials for my Panaeolus work. Grass seed is good for Pan subbs, but its unknown what Panaeolopsis will grow best on. Grass seed is just a guess.

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 Questions about 2 different species [Re: Workman]
    #7023161 - 06/08/07 02:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah. grass seed seems to be the most reasonable thing they could grow on. and i guess ill just let the cakes grow for another week at 85. wondering if i should do anything else to em... Like add peroxide or mist them...

and the panaeolopsis LOVE the LC's. They finished in 2 days.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7023287 - 06/08/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't add peroxide, misting might be ok.

Your fast growth is not what I am experiencing with the Panaeolopsis samples I have so either its a very different strain or another species.

Should be interesting to see how it goes. Good luck!

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram

Edited by Workman (06/08/07 03:46 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate