Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
smoked DMT + maoi
    #6962172 - 05/24/07 04:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

alright i've heard a few anwsers on this subject and just want to get it straight.

i've had some people claim that smoking DMT with an maoi already in your system works, and makes the expirience a lot more intense.

i've also heard "no it doesnt work. you will get the 15 minute trip and then come down."

i've been looking for an anwser for a while and cant seem to find one. i've typed in endless keywords in endless search bars and cant find any articles, threads, or posts about such a thing. all i get are the separate "smoked DMT expiriences" and "ayahuasca expiriences," but no where can i found smoked DMT with mao inhibitor expiriences.

if this is possibly, would it be possible for me to boil down some mimosa/chacruna/chaliponga and smoke the resin i get from the dried tea?

i dont have a lot of foilage or bark, but i would like to do this, and i can handle a lot of different types of smoke. (i went through a very expirimental phase)

if anyone has any info on this it would be appreciated a lot. thanks guys.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: smoked DMT + maoi [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6962721 - 05/24/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

well since no one seems to be informed about this, can some one explain to me if mao inhibitors work on the brain as well as the intestinal tract?

how is it that mao inhibitors allow you to be able to have a 5 hour + trip on DMT while DMT itself is gone within 15 minutes of injestion through the lungs? im looking it up right now, but most of it is in terms i cant understand all too well and im hoping some one could dumb it down for me a bit. (i hate having to use that phrase)

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #6964177 - 05/25/07 12:51 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i dont have an answer, but here are some legitamite thoughts to take into consideration...

fact: there are tons of enzymes in the body that break down foreign chemicals marked as dangerous to the body into something that is safe for the body. that's why you can eat a gram of pure DMT and not trip.
maoi's temporarily stop these enzymes from working, so when you take an maoi in combination with DMT, the DMT will break down very slowly, therefore you feel its effects.

fact: DMT is a naturally occuring substance in the human body. it EASILY passes the blood-brain barrier because it is a natural chemical. the enzymes break down DMT very rapidly, that's why it's so short lasting.

thought: since smoked DMT passes the blood-brain barrier so easily without the need of an maoi, i dont think that ingesting an maoi prior to smoking DMT will do anything. the purpose of an maoi is to breakdown the enzymes that block a trip so you will trip. but DMT shoots so fast into your brain before the enzymes have time to fully stop it. i dont think the maoi will make the trip anymore intense, but i do think it might prolong the trip a bit because it will slow down the enzymes metabolizing the DMT.

...hope that makes since. it does to me :smile:
sounds reasonable right?

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #6964467 - 05/25/07 03:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here's basically how MAO inhibitors work ~
Monoamines are a group of neurotransmitters: (nor)epinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin. Hallucinogens are known to work on certain serotonin receptors.
MAO stands for monoamine oxidase. Monoamine oxidase is an enzyme which breaks down/metabolizes monoamines in order to help maintain healthy levels of (nor)epinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin. When it is inhibited, this causes an accumulation of the monoamine neurotransmitters.
When you take a hallucinogen, for example, your brain detects the increased serotonin activity and sets monoamine oxidase to work breaking down the extra serotonin. But if you take a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, the serotonin builds up and the increased activity prolongs and intensifies the effects of the (hallucinogen).

Personally I've smoked DMT, but not after taking an MAOI. I have taken an MAOI (syrian rue seeds) with 5-Meo-DMT (the duration of which is almost exactly the same as DMT) to render the latter orally active and make "pharmahuasca", which worked marvelously, though I did puke. Instead of lasting 15 minutes and coming down within an hour, it took about 30 minutes to take effect, after which I peaked for 1-2 hours and came down within 3-4.

There's no reason I'm aware of why an MAOI would not intensify the effects of smoked DMT. (Of course you'd want to wait for the MAOI to kick in first.)
Regarding boiling down your plant soup and trying to smoke that with an MAOI instead of doing a full extraction, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know of any plant sources which have more than 1% DMT. MH has 0.57%. So most of the gunk you'd end up with would just be plant matter, which you'd need to smoke in large quantity--which would take time. BUT, I can't say categorically on grapefruit that this wouldn't work at all. It just seems a lot more likely you'd be feeling the effects of the MAOI more than any non-placebo DMT effects.

P.S. Don't forget all the dietary and drug restrictions if you use an MAOI, unless you want your veins to explode.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: smoked DMT + maoi [Re: Land_Crab]
    #6965034 - 05/25/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

an maoi can be a trip in itself. therefore can add to the effects of smoked dmt. 
  maoi effects + smoked dmt effects =  both effects at once
  just like if you took acid or something and smoked some DMT you would have both effects
  but if you want real power smoke some Salvia mixed with DMT :thumbup:

Edited by cpw1971 (05/25/07 09:55 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order