Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
roger waters
    #6955936 - 05/23/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

all i can say is wow.  waters and his band nailed everything and put on an amazing show.  i took some video ill put up in a little while, the sound quality sucks but you can still see some of the stage and the visuals he had.

like the floating pig...:grin:

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: roger waters [Re: PurpleKush]
    #6955941 - 05/23/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleKush said:
all i can say is wow.  waters and his band nailed everything and put on an amazing show.  i took some video ill put up in a little while, the sound quality sucks but you can still see some of the stage and the visuals he had.

like the floating pig...:grin:

Awesome man - I am seeing him a week from today.

Tell me - my tickets say "8 PM Sharp" - and MSG never releases actual set times. What did your ticket say and what time did he take the stage?

I need to time my dosage. :smirk:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: roger waters [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6955947 - 05/23/07 09:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

my ticket said 7-30pm sharp and i was silly enough to take it seriously

--------------------
read books

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
Re: roger waters [Re: Jackenobi]
    #6955955 - 05/23/07 09:40 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I will not doubt his musical talent, but man he has a huge fucking ego.

Long live Sid and David.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (05/23/07 09:41 AM)

OfflineFelix_Nothus_KSC
Pope On A Rope
Male

Loc: Australia, somewhere east...
    #6955973 - 05/23/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I saw Roger Waters Back in January (I think it was january, heh, memory a little foggy) when the came to Melbourne.

I absolutely agree, I've been to one other concert before, and Roger really has outdone himself with this show, and wow, his political gall, the things he said, I'm wondering why the American government hasn't banned his show in the U.S yet :P

My only complaint was that the show felt a little... short, in comparison to the first show I saw. Maybe because the acid I got for the latest performance wasn't as good as the first :smile:

Makes me wonder though, Roger is getting along now in his age, and if this could possibly be the last performance he'll be doing, and therefore the last of "official" pink floyd shows we'll be seeing from any of the band members.

Would love to see Gilmore play as well, though from what I've seen, his concerts don't have the flashiness that Roger puts on.

--------------------
Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities - the political, the religious, the educational authorities - who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing - forming in our minds - their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.
-Timothy Leary
--

I PULLED THE WOOL OVER MY OWN EYES, AND SO CAN YOU! ASK ME HOW TODAY!

Male

#6955992 - 05/23/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jackenobi said:
my ticket said 7-30pm sharp and i was silly enough to take it seriously

Well what time did he go on?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#6956013 - 05/23/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

gone 8ish but dont think there wont be things of interest before that

--------------------
read books

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

#6956019 - 05/23/07 09:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

well, i won't spoil it for you but the show starts a good 10-15 minutes before he ever comes on stage. pay very close attention to the stage set up when you first get there. it really fucked with my head for a few minutes until i figured out what was goin on. my tickets said 8 as well, but the lights didnt go down until about 8:20 or so.

he opens with in the flesh, then went into shine on you crazy diamond, set the controls for the heart of the sun, and astronomy domine. then he plays some of his solo stuff, "leaving beirut" was particularly moving. closed the first set with Pigs and then came dsotm.

you wont be dissapointed, omr

--------------------

Male

#6956024 - 05/23/07 09:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleKush said:
well, i won't spoil it for you but the show starts a good 10-15 minutes before he ever comes on stage.
my tickets said 8 as well, but the lights didnt go down until about 8:20 or so.

So you're saying the lights go down at 8:20, and that's the "10-15 minutes before he ever comes on stage" - or is 10-15 mins before he comes on stage 8:10? I guess I'll aim to be there a few mins after 8, I'll eat my shrooms right before I leave.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
    #6956033 - 05/23/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

PurpleKush said:
well, i won't spoil it for you but the show starts a good 10-15 minutes before he ever comes on stage.
my tickets said 8 as well, but the lights didnt go down until about 8:20 or so.

I'll eat my shrooms right before I leave.

I'm Jealous. Have a shit ton of fun.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: roger waters [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6956066 - 05/23/07 10:08 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DuNeRaVeR said:
I will not doubt his musical talent, but man he has a huge fucking ego.

Long live Sid and David.

:yesnod:

--------------------

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

#6956070 - 05/23/07 10:08 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

he'll be onstage around 8:20-8:30, right after the lights go down. i would get there a little before 8 just to make sure you get to see the first part, which i think they actually put up at about 7:45, but im not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xuuB31EEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raluTigM3hA

those are the beginning of "time" the sound quality is really bad but you can still see the screens and everything. the rest of my videos are up there under the same name.

--------------------

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#6956075 - 05/23/07 10:10 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleKush said:
well, i won't spoil it for you but the show starts a good 10-15 minutes before he ever comes on stage. pay very close attention to the stage set up when you first get there. it really fucked with my head for a few minutes until i figured out what was goin on. my tickets said 8 as well, but the lights didnt go down until about 8:20 or so.

he opens with in the flesh, then went into shine on you crazy diamond, set the controls for the heart of the sun, and astronomy domine. then he plays some of his solo stuff, "leaving beirut" was particularly moving. closed the first set with Pigs and then came dsotm.

you wont be dissapointed, omr

SPOILER WARNIGN!!!ON111!! just kidding yeah its an awesome show, enjoy

--------------------
read books

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#6956187 - 05/23/07 10:40 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My old tickets said 7:30 sharp. He started a good 30min late...which is fine, just know the word "sharp" is used quite loosely.

And I saw both roger and Davids shows. Yes, rogers was fucking insane.. and I know this is going to be hard to believe... but Davids was even better. Its become so magical. Very intense light shows and better played. I really felt like I was watching the old band playing. (wright and David were there) This is no way saying rogers show was bad.. his show was beyond what I expected. His use of surround sound and effects was like nothing else I've experienced.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: roger waters [Re: Toddo]
    #6956223 - 05/23/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

two days before i saw roger's show gilmour, mason and wright all played together in an impromptu/quickly organised gig not far across the way in London. Mason turned up for the show i saw but i was pretty gutted to have missed gilmour and wright.

What did y'all make of Gilmour's solo album last year?

--------------------
read books

Male

#6956228 - 05/23/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have to say I'm not at all crazy about Roger's solo stuff.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Re: roger waters [Re: Toddo]
    #6956270 - 05/23/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

roger's lights and lasers were great, but i don't think his show comes close to the pulse DVD concert i have(gilmour, wright, and mason). i couldn't comment on the sound quality of the pulse show since i wasn't there, but i was in the nosebleed seats last night and the sound was perfect. really makes you feel like your traveling and whatnot.

but i do think gilmours light show is more extravagant.

--------------------

Male

#6956345 - 05/23/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My seats are pretty phenomenal...and very central.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#6956362 - 05/23/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm in Section 133, fourth row. :rockon:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#6956802 - 05/23/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I saw the Tampa and West Palm Beach shows, and DAMN! It was amazing!!! I'm not even a Floyd fan, but I wanted to check him out, being considered one of the premier psychedelic groups/shows. It went way above and beyond what I would've expected. Just a great great time. I've been all over the country going to shows and festivals, and this has got to be in my top 5 shows. It's the same show every night though, so not something I would really want to tour around the entire country seeing night after night, not to mention there's no shakedown or vending...

My ticket said 8PM Sharp, and I got there around 7PM. I set up in the lawn, and it was already packed. When I went to Tampa the next night, my friend made us a bit late and we had to stand ALL the way in the back, but it was still AWESOME both nights. I may have overdone the mushrooms though, because I was way out there.

The show was exactly 3 hours. It "ends" at 10:30 and then he comes out and does three encore songs.

I can't say enough good about this. If he's coming to your city - go buy tickets right NOW. The WPB show was sold out.
Love y'all
DW

OfflineBlackCat0315
Stranger ThanFiction
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side Of The Moon
Re: roger waters [Re: dwpineal]
    #6977008 - 05/28/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I saw Roger at Phillips Arena in Atlanta on 05-22 and he did not dissapoint. I've been going to concerts since 1977, and have seen some of the greats like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Van Halen and many others and I would definately put this concert in my top three. The group was very tight, and the stage show was awesome ! The performance of Dark side of the Moon was much better than the one done by Floyd in 1994 (Pulse)

Any of you Floyd fans outh there should definately check out this site: http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/index.php

They have a shitload of Pink Floyd and solo concert bootlegs and videos. It's a goldmine for any Floyd fan !

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: roger waters [Re: BlackCat0315]
    #6977980 - 05/28/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

my Roger Water expirience here :tongue:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #6978024 - 05/28/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm seeing him June 13th at the Hollywood Bowl. I plan on dosing 5g of mush. Tix say 8pm, so should I assume 8:20-8:30ish?

Section Q2, Row 5. :shrug:

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: roger waters [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #6979555 - 05/28/07 09:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i didnt dose a thing and i was tripping balls

perfect sense blew my fucking socks off :syringe:

--------------------
read books

Male

#6979558 - 05/28/07 09:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

God damn it I am so excited.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag