Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

toenail fungus
    #6905485 - 05/12/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ive had this toenail fungus for a while, like 6 years. Anyways my pinky toe is pretty messed up, its got like fungus underneath it, so im thinking about just ripping the thing off.

Anyone ever had to do this before?

I was going to take a vicodin and have a few drinks, tape my toes together and rip it off with a pair of pliers.

Im not really sure if nail fungus is harmful in any other way or not, but im pretty sure, even with medication i wouldn't be able to fix my pinky toe.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinechemiKalz
u r tripp0r?
Male

Loc: upstate ny
Re: toenail fungus [Re: ManianFH]
    #6905503 - 05/12/07 11:01 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

metal  :headbang3:

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: chemiKalz]
    #6905769 - 05/12/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that ripping your toenail off would only cause the fungus to get worse. I had my big toe stomped on by a horse, lost the toenail, regrew it, it got the fungus. I have since lost it several times due to playing soccer, or other accidents, and every time the toenail gets thicker, and more fungus appears.

Just my experience with the issue, take it as you will.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: toenail fungus [Re: Kickle]
    #6905785 - 05/12/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Try that Lamisil stuff.  :shrug:

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#6905920 - 05/12/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Don't do that, trust me. It will do nothing but cause you much pain and suffering as the drugs wear off. You can't get rid of the fungus that way. Your going to need to see a foot Doctor and they will prescribe some potent drugs for you to take orally. These work, but take time. (my brother had horrid feet and is all but healed after taking these drugs) I've never heard of over the counter stuff working. Good luck!

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: Toddo]
    #6906194 - 05/12/07 03:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Eww, don't rip of your toenail. You're just asking for a gnarly infection. Get some cedar and/or tea tree oil and be consistent with applying them topically! Also take some oregano oil orally. Do these everyday until it's been gone for a week or so. Also, cut sugar and yeast from your diet. Those kinds of foods feed the fungus.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#6906422 - 05/12/07 04:03 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!!!! you made me squeamish and cringe! That's gross, don't do it. I have some fungus on my toenails too, but it's not mangled them or anything. I was told by a doc that I'll prolly have it all my life. He didn't even suggest anything for it. I'm interested in getting rid of it too, so I might look into other suggestions in this thread. That ripping off your toenail idea sounds wack tho! I'd never have the guts to do that. I'll bet it'd rip out a chunk of your skin too, ew.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: toenail fungus [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6907615 - 05/12/07 09:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (04/29/08 01:04 PM)

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: toenail fungus [Re: StickyWater]
    #6907701 - 05/12/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Vics Vaporub. Rub that on your toe at night before bed. Should help after a couple months.

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: toenail fungus [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6908673 - 05/13/07 05:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nothing grosser than the Don Vito toenail...

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: Newbie]
    #6908819 - 05/13/07 07:07 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thats a fucking disgusting picture. I am so grateful I have no toe fungus!

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: toenail fungus [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6909614 - 05/13/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (04/29/08 01:03 PM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #6910466 - 05/13/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I treated sucesfully my toe-nail fungus with Lapacho tree bark...

You make a tea out of it, and soak you feet in for an hour 2 times a day...did that for 15 days together with appliyng tea-tree oil on them, and bye bye fungus....but more sessions after that are needed to make shure you stay clean, and in your case, you might have to prolong the treatment...

good luck,

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: Sterile]
    #6914488 - 05/14/07 02:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

lol this thread is disgusting. thanks for the input though.

Ive also searched some other forums (with nature freaks and outdoorsmen) who had the same problem. They ripped it off but it grew back the same way, so they have to rip it off every month or so.

I was thinking about doing this with lamisil, which was prescribed for me years ago, I still have a bunch of the pills. I initially had the fungus in my pinky finger, which was completely white and halfway peeled off, I had to tell people I smashed it because i was somewhat self conscious of the thing. The lamisil completely fixed that fungus, in fact now that pinky nail is my strongest fingernail, go figure.

so after i tear it off, ill start the lamisil to kill whatever bacteria is left. As for some previous posts yeah it is very very thick and arched, its like a fungus sandwich between the nail and my skin.
Ill throw a picture up maybye, its pretty nasty though.

im not insured right now so having this done in a medical setting is out of the question financially.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

Edited by mickdawg666 (05/14/07 02:12 PM)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6914901 - 05/14/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

dont take any drugs that eliminate your fungus but fuck your liver up.

Take Denture Cleaner, any type really that dissolves in water and soak your feet in it for itleast 20 minutes a night, do this for weeks untill the fungus dissapears, your toes will be good as new.

If you rip off your toenail the fungus will get worse and make your toenail all fucked up. Take my advice it will work.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#6918566 - 05/15/07 02:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

please don't rip it off. Just clip it as short as you can.. The fungus should have eaten away at the skin connecting the nail to the toe. Thats all the doctors did to my brother when applying the treatment. They just cut and sanded it as small as possible. Not need to tear the whole fucking thing out. Apply you meds or whatever after you cut it.

And please post pics. I just want to see what stage your at. I myself have a toenail fungus. My family has horrible toes. Or at least my dad, my older brother and me do. haha.. Mine are pretty bad but I just live with them for the time being. I under go treatment sometime soon. My left foot has fully succumbed to the fungi. The right foot toe fell a long time ago.. but some how healed itself. All the other toes are still in the good fight. But yeah.. my left toes are fubar.

Good luck.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: toenail fungus [Re: Toddo]
    #6919996 - 05/15/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

When I was a kid, I had a toenail ripped off in a dirtbiking accident (I was wearing sandals... derrrr). It only hurt severely for a couple minutes. I'm sure if you doped yourself up, you wouldn't know the difference.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: Ferris]
    #6934955 - 05/18/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Heres the pics for you who wanted to see what im talking about. The camera kinda sucks, but thats what I got. How is this compared to what you have had or seen?

--------------------

OfflineNova

#6936897 - 05/19/07 12:16 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have some weird stuff going on with my nails. I thought it was blood from smashing them playing basketball but my sister swares its fungus. She says tea tree oil will cure it, worked for her I guess.

Anyways I cut all my nails really far down to put some stuff on them and one was all loose so I ripped the fucker off.  Stupid toe nails. I say rip/cut them down and apply some sort of anti fungal solution... maybe this tea tree monbojumbo works but I dono. Mine look the same so I guess it was crusty blood.  :shrug:

Offlinebodynotdead
TrichodermaCultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A
Re: toenail fungus [Re: Nova]
    #6947533 - 05/21/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nail fungus can be a persistent and sometimes embarrassing problem, and occasionally can be so painful that it becomes difficult to walk. It develops when fungi called dermophytes burrow under nails causing them to become crusty, thick, discolored and distorted. You can pick up the infection while walking barefoot at a swimming pool, in a gym locker room or shower or even when having a pedicure under less than sanitary conditions. Susceptibility may be heightened among those who have diabetes, an immune-deficiency condition, a history of athlete's foot, or who are prone to excessive perspiration.
I always recommended using tea tree oil, a natural disinfectant sold at health food stores, for nail fungus. Here, too, you won't get speedy results. Paint the oil on affected nails twice a day for at least two months. The nail has to grow out for the fungus to be eradicated, so you may not see results for a year. An alternative remedy is grapefruit seed extract used the same way as tea tree oil - twice a day for at least two months. Eating 1-2 cloves of raw garlic a day may also be helpful over time.
The oral antifungal drugs for treatment of nail fungus seem to be effective but are expensive and not as safe. While cases of toxicity are rare, I see no reason to take even a small risk for a problem that usually is cosmetic. In painful cases, podiatrists may temporarily remove infected nails so that a topical antifungal medication can be applied directly to the nail bed. In stubborn cases, an infected nail can be permanently removed.

Whatever treatment you choose, take these precautions to prevent recurrences:

Keep your feet as clean and dry as possible
Wear waterproof sandals at swimming pools or other wet public areas
Change your socks or hose daily
Clip toenails straight across and keep them shorter than the tips of your toes
Avoid tight hosiery, which promotes moisture retention; wear synthetic fabric socks that wick moisture away from feet better than cotton or wool

--------------------
"absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Lord Acton,

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: toenail fungus [Re: bodynotdead]
    #6996057 - 06/01/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

how does that help?

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: toenail fungus [Re: snoot]
    #6998367 - 06/02/07 01:35 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

how does that help?

thats what I was wondering hah?

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Offlinebodynotdead
TrichodermaCultivator
Male User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: aDoS]
    #7002826 - 06/03/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Like this.
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-22/088922648-DSCN3789.jpg][/image]

Offlinebodynotdead
TrichodermaCultivator
Male User Gallery

Re: toenail fungus [Re: snoot]
    #7002840 - 06/03/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

how does that help?

So you wont pick up the infection.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #7002884 - 06/03/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i have that same thing, the pills for it will run you $900 but its purely cosmetic..
i just let mine be to be honest..

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate