Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery

Loc: London Flag
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph II (basification) complete [Re: Loki]
    #6914455 - 05/14/07 02:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for that Loki - thanks to you i was able to get the project in motion today:

decanted vinegar-water extract into demijohn, and added a pint of warm water containing 100g sodium hydroxide (lye) NaOH to basify beyond pH 13 and hopefully into 13.5:

--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

Loc: Emerald Triangle, U.S.A.
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph II (basification) complete [Re: shirley knott]
    #6914480 - 05/14/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, that's what you want. However, you want to fill up the jug so that when you put in your Naptha, it fills it up to top. Easier to pull from when liquid is in top and neck of jug.
Lookin' Grate so far...
Peace

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: shirley knott]
    #6914568 - 05/14/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

right, where did i get to?

right, first i added 500ml of the solvent, having preheated both vinegar-polar extract and naphtha in waterbaths to get them as hot as possible for maximum efficiency, then adding hot water to get to the top of the jug:

things learned so far:
(1) an english/imperial gallon at 4.3L is bigger than an american/metric gallon at 3.9L - therefore i had to top up with hot water
(2) emulsions hardly form when you use excess lye, and can be easily melted in a heatbath

THEN i started the separation, using my glass turkey baster (£2 off ebay) - easy at the start, getting harder and harder as the level goes down. ended up stopping near the end, and repeating with another preheated 300ml naphtha to improve the overall efficiency. i got lots, after all.

lessons learned (3) when the level is low, adding hot water brings it up to the neck and makes it easier to grab

Finally i combined the two naphtha extracts and stuck em in front of a fan. (800ml naphtha used, i want to get down to below 100ml). the final 100ml or less will be frozen in the flat dish for three days.

how long is this evaporation stage gonna take?

--------------------
buh

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: shirley knott]
    #6914659 - 05/14/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Several days probably.

You can put it in a crockpot outside to speed things up.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6914698 - 05/14/07 02:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yes-- you want it in direct sunlight or some other kind of heat, or it will take forever to evap-- since the evap process itself cools it...not to mention all the outdoor bugs, dust and crud you expose it to for every extra hour outside that you'll have to filter out.

Sounds like you're going everything perfect Shirley-- just as we all expected :smile:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

OfflineROX
Traveling...
Male

Loc: Croatia
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph I (acid extraction) complete [Re: coAsTal]
    #6914736 - 05/14/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I can't wait to get for a year or two when I get my own place so I can extract some of my own. Machine elves, hold on just a little bit longer :laugh:

(DMT is my #4 to do in my life goal)

--------------------
~~Goa and psychedelic trance, psychedelic chillout mixes >>> http://www.rox-unreal.net/ <<<

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6914764 - 05/14/07 02:58 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

several days?

holy shit. i was hoping to get it into the freezer tonight :tongue:

--------------------
buh

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#6914942 - 05/14/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can CFC (Cool-Freeze-Cycle) the solvent as it is-- you will still get precipitation--

or

You can place that solvent into a couple of different containers to increase the surface area exposed to the air-- casserole dishes are great :wink:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: coAsTal]
    #6915027 - 05/14/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

everything i read said that the freeze-precipitation step works best when the solvent starts as super-saturated, so i figure 2.5g is best in <100ml.

i prefer the low-tek option, thanks! i'm putting it in a collection of evaporation vehicles now

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#6915146 - 05/14/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

:cheers:

--------------------

Spore Trading List

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #6915225 - 05/14/07 04:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Glad you got them ok :jointsmile:

Take your time, don't hurry it :wink:

and keep the cats away :flowstone:

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: Loki]
    #6915244 - 05/14/07 04:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ya shoulda used a wider pan to evap and supersaturate the end solution before you threw it in the freezer.

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: Spire]
    #6915608 - 05/14/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You may want to re-read her posts Spire :wink:

--------------------

Spore Trading List

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

Loc: Emerald Triangle, U.S.A.
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: coAsTal]
    #6915742 - 05/14/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Lookin' good..Patience..
Patience is the key. There are faster ways around just about every step, but, with time taken to do it right, worth the end product :heart:.
Evap takes time...
Peace

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete *DELETED* [Re: shirley knott]
    #6916135 - 05/14/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Invisibledarklcd
Stranger

Loc: on top of the world
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: poke smot!]
    #6916466 - 05/14/07 07:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can but apparently xylene will pull out more than just the DMT. I've heard hexane is supposed to be very good for recrystallization, I just used naptha the whole way through and it turned out perfect, nice white crystals after first freeze precipitation.

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete [Re: darklcd]
    #6917285 - 05/14/07 09:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oo, didn't see the other post that had picts. :stoned: :tongue:

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery

Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete - evaporating [Re: Spire]
    #6919267 - 05/15/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well, i combined to liquids after 24h in front of the fan, and attempted to scrape up the waxy deposits on the plates. you can see in the first pic that it's gone down about 50%. it's also definitely going opaque, which i take to be a good sign, but i'm getting impatient, so i put it in the crockpot, in front of the fan - heat from below, breeze above.

had second thoughts and turned off the fan. i think the fact there's a light breeze outside means that the heat needs to get a chance to heat it up, evaporate that way.

edit: after an hour, it's gone down from 270ml to 220ml :laugh: i reckon in another hour or two it'll be low enough to stick in the freezer.
in three days time i'll give it a scrape, filter it (back into the same glass dish), and evaporate the final shallow soup under a fan.

here's some pics of rude fruit 'n' veg, i know what you like:

--------------------
buh

Edited by shirley knott (05/15/07 12:31 PM)

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete - evaporating [Re: shirley knott]
    #6920055 - 05/15/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Nice pics.
And I just now noticed the bottle of Jack in the first few. That may automatically qualify this as the best walk-thru ever.

Cloudy and opaque is definitely a good sign.
If you want to make really purdy crystals, try putting the naptha in the fridge for a few hours first, then the freezer, then back into the fridge and finally the freezer for a few days.

This encourages the molecules to form sexy, little clusters.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: shirley's DMT extraction pictorial - Ph III (non-polar extraction) complete - evaporating [Re: shirley knott]
    #6920113 - 05/15/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Lookin fantastic! :goodluck:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom