Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

Loc: Eternity
Deeeeetroit Basketball
    #6900437 - 05/11/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

After the Pistons signed Webber, early in the season, I made a post about how I thought it was a really smart move. I took a lot of criticism from that statement and know I just want to say BOOYAH BIOTCHES, to all who doubted the mighty JOe D! The Pistons just took a 3-0 lead and its looks like a sweep might just be inevitable. They just beat there old record of 6 straight wins without a loss in the postseason, that record was established in 89 the championship year. I know longer miss Ben Wallace and am happy we have Webber instead cuz the rest of the teams still good defensively and our offense has definitely improved with the best passing center in the league on our team. YEsSir!

--------------------
To those that don't know me, I am your guide. To those that don't like me, I am misunderstood.To those that don't see me, open your eyes, I am there. To those that don't hear me, listen, I am talking. To those that know me, I AM.

> "Some call me the gangster of LOVE"......... - Steve Miller

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: AtomicShroom98]
    #6900463 - 05/11/07 01:15 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the addition of webber isnt what has made them dominant. they have been this dominant for the past 2-3 years now. long before webber was coming off the pine to put in 4-6 pts a night.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: Banez]
    #6902469 - 05/11/07 02:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

They have been dominant for awhile now but have they ever went undefeated in the playoffs?No. Also, did you not see Webber in the second game of the series against the Bulls? He scored 22 points and added in 7 rebounds with a couple assists. And Webber doesnt come off the bench, he starts. Webber averaged 11 points a game and 8 rebounds a night, plus a couple assists. He puts up somewhat similar numbers to Wallace overall and he only cost the Pistons 1.2 million dollars this season, when we would have been paying near 10 million for Wallace this year. And I have to admit, they look better this year in the playoffs than they did when they won the Championship back in 04. Thats quite a strong statement to make and trust me I mean it.

--------------------
To those that don't know me, I am your guide. To those that don't like me, I am misunderstood.To those that don't see me, open your eyes, I am there. To those that don't hear me, listen, I am talking. To those that know me, I AM.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6902495 - 05/11/07 03:03 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

again, they have a more experience team in 07 than they did in 04, and more years of playing together.

Rasheed has developed into an outside shooter.. tayshaun prince is much more experienced and a consistant contributor on both ends of the court, Richard Hamilton is healthy and playing as well as he ever has.. and Billups just continues to do his thing.

i like webber, i was happy to see him go to Detriot.. and i agree that detriot is the best team in the east.

im just not going to give the credit to him when its really other people who have stepped up. Ben Wallace is still a better player than Webber is.

--------------------

Offlinealarmist
fade like a sigh
Loc: canada
    #6902553 - 05/11/07 03:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

looking forward to Suns/Pistons which i predicted at start of season

bulls definitely blew their chance last night

--------------------
there's no love in fear

OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

#6906560 - 05/12/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, i definitely agree with you on the experience factor as a team. Though when it comes to Rasheed Wallace as an outside shooter, Id rather see him go to the post more. Hes improved a little bit from the three point line, its just Rasheed sometimes has a tendency to fall in love with shooting threes, when he should take advantage of his size and concentrate on his post game. As for the Palace Prince, I see alot of improvement in his game and like you said, hes just much more consistent then say in the earlier years.

When it comes to who deserves the credit for this win streak, the whole team does, everyone has just played great. Ben is definitely the better player, its just do the Pistons really need a defensive, minded, guy when the whole team already plays good defense? Thats why an offensive, minded, center like Webber just fits in better because he cant be just left open(like Ben) or the other team will pay the consenquence. He just opens up so many more options and allows the team to flow better on the offensive side of the ball.

The Pistons will have no problem making it to the NBA Finals. Its when they get there, then things will really start to get interesting. The two teams that I see coming out of the West are either Utah or San Antonio. I believe the Pistons are better than the Spurs, this will give them a good chance of beating them. I'm sure they'd also like to avenge there Finals championship loss to them and that alone, will surely add fuel to the fire. Though Facing Utah in the Finals will make me nervous. If you look at the outcome of the regular season games against Utah in the Past couple of years, they have pretty much owned the Pistons. They probably have more victories against the Pistons than any other team in the last three years. Yet, I guess will just have to wait and see.

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6906568 - 05/12/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

utah?

that would make for the most boring finals ever... detroit vs. utah.. im still hoping golden state can take that series after raping the fuck out of utah last night 125-105.

--------------------

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6914258 - 05/14/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Where's madtown at? I guess he's not all that into bragging about the Bulls now...hehe.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6914308 - 05/14/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, we could still pull it off.

But next year, for sure...

=?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6914316 - 05/14/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If they get Oden I am automatically a Bulls fan.

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: jewunit]
    #6914459 - 05/14/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
If they get Oden I am automatically a Bulls fan.

ditto.. but whats the chances of that happening? have they already releashed the order of the lottery picks

and does anyone know exactly how the draft works for NBA, dont they do a lottery to determine the order and different teams get their name in the hat more than others.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6914466 - 05/14/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

As of 2005, with 30 NBA teams, 16 qualify for the playoffs and the remaining 14 teams are entered in the draft lottery. These 14 teams are ranked in reverse order of their regular season record and are assigned the following number of chances:

1. 250 combinations, 25% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. 156 combinations, 15.6% chance
4. 119 combinations, 11.9% chance
5. 88 combinations, 8.8% chance
6. 63 combinations, 6.3% chance
7. 43 combinations, 4.3% chance
8. 28 combinations, 2.8% chance
9. 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
10. 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
11. 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
12. 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
13. 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
14. 5 combinations, 0.5% chance

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Deeeeetroit Basketball [Re: Redstorm]
    #6914513 - 05/14/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The Bulls currently hold the #9 pick, from New York.

Another reason to put Isiah on my hit list, since that slick bastard won just enough games to keep us out of a real shot at the #1 overall.

But still...

I hope we get the #1 or 2. But if we end up with anything lower than 5, I hope we just trade it for Kevin Garnett.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6914582 - 05/14/07 02:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

#1 or #2 would be amazing..would you really complain if you got kevin durrant instead of oden?

personally id rather have the next tracy mcgrady but with a supporting cast than a 2nd ben wallace.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6914631 - 05/14/07 02:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:nonono:

--------------------
!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6914749 - 05/14/07 02:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'd want a second Ben Wallace, since Wallace #1 is getting old. Also, the Bulls already have a franchise wing in Deng.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6914924 - 05/14/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
#1 or #2 would be amazing..would you really complain if you got kevin durrant instead of oden?

personally id rather have the next tracy mcgrady but with a supporting cast than a 2nd ben wallace.

What has Tracy Mcgrady ever won? Has he EVER won a playoff series?

You can't say he doesnt have a supporting cast in Houston, and he still sucks.

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6915284 - 05/14/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

who has mcgrady ever had besides yao?

idk i just see kevin durrant being a better fit for them

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6915331 - 05/14/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

fuck oden didnt even dominate at the college level.. he wasnt even the best player in the big 10.. why he would be taken above kevin durrant a guy who led his team and dominated his opponents would completely shock me

when is the draft?

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6915364 - 05/14/07 04:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:nonono:
He didn't dominate until it was healthy and it mattered.
Durant came up short when it was required, Oden did not.
You also don't seem to understand the concept of potential. He's a 7 footer who has uncanny blocking ability and raw offensive talent. He is a rare breed, especially this day in age. There will be many more Durants, there will be very few, if any, more Odens.

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom