Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichael_lifshitz
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: here
Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid?
    #6881578 - 05/06/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well I've been smoking marijuana fairly often for quite a while now. I have been finding more and more that when I smoke marijuana, the next day when I wake up I feel groggy, my throat is somewhat sore, I have lots of unpleasant phlegm, and I generally don't feel too great.

I was wondering if there is anything one could do to try and prevent these symptoms. I was thinking hydration would be good so I drank a bunch of water before going to bed, but it didn't help much. Water while smoking and throughout the whole night might work better.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I plan to just smoke less, as it seems this is a sign of use turning into abuse. But I still feel like the times I do smoke I would prefer to feel good the next day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6881593 - 05/06/07 06:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Best just reduce the amount of pot you smoke. The groggy feeling is inevitable. For the sore throat you might want to try a bong/bubbler, maybe even a vape. I wouldn't know how to stop the phlegm, but the bong also might help solve this problem.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineHillbillyThoth
Stranger

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6881628 - 05/06/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Try buying from a different source. Some bags of weed make me feel groggy the next day, some don't; it doesn't really vary with potency either I find. I've had dank buds that leave me tired and "out-of-it" the next day, and middies that leave me with a great happy afterglow feeling.

Offlinef0rce
^.^

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6881852 - 05/06/07 07:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I plan to just smoke less, as it seems this is a sign of use turning into abuse. But I still feel like the times I do smoke I would prefer to feel good the next day.

For me use became abuse when I STOPPED feeling shitty the next day. It just became how I woke up everyday and it stopped bothering me.

--------------------
big said it first
more money more problems
the way i see it
more problems more money

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: f0rce]
    #6882026 - 05/06/07 08:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't accept waking up feeling lousy as normal, NO offense meant. I personally enjoy waking up feeling great for having had a weed "trip" the night before. I agree with Hillbilly Thoth as I have also found that some types are harder on you than others.

If you don't have a vaporizer then turn on the shower for a bit...only hot or you can put yourself into a regular shower and steam your throat and lungs that way w/an added bonus: the sound and feel of the water can be very "trippy". I like drawing on the mirror in the steam afterwards...quite cool FX as your face appears beyond the condensed steam (with a BIG smile!). :smile:
You can also try following the pot smoking with tea drinking. Then keep taking "hits" off a regular water bottle as your mouth and throat dry up again till you drift off into a colourful sleep.
I hope that helps. Pleasant dreams my friend.

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #6882086 - 05/06/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds like you're smoking way too much, and should take a two week break to make sure you arnt developing a habit.

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: moon_glue]
    #6883161 - 05/07/07 02:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

How much sleep are you getting? I find that I have to sleep longer than normal after smoking and if I don't get enough I feel all groggy and half asleep for hours. But when I get enough I feel great :laugh:

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
marijuana'llmake ya jump offbridges
Male User Gallery

Loc: the swamp
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: Yosefxp]
    #6883354 - 05/07/07 05:06 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i think youll get used to the groggy after a while.. i dont feel it anymore, not since i was like 14 :tongue: but then again from 14 to the present day, im only not stoned when im sleeping that may have something to do with it.. but i wake up refreshed as hell usually.. but if you dont want to be a major, 8-10 times a day pothead, then just reduce your intake :laugh:

--------------------
i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away. mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing. pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion, disenigrating as it goes, testing our communication. the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us, so, we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication.
the poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

InvisibleThePyschonaut52
Stranger
Male

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: DrunkyDaBear]
    #6883449 - 05/07/07 06:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

more sleep= less hangover. trust me on this, i was a capt fucking pothead a few years back. I smoked about 5 grams a day for a year. in the end, I burnt out, and i only smoke chron on the weekends now.

but yeah, more sleep. oh, I also found eating 1.4 of a grapefuit in the morning helped me out.

--------------------
"In god we trust..."

-I guess we're screwed.

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #6883540 - 05/07/07 07:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

sounds to me like your just a weed smokin noob....dont feel bad, everyone was a noob sometime...i havent taken a day off smoking weed for.......years, since high school ive been on what i like to call my '5 a day plan' so i dont feel normal until ive smoked my first blunt of the day

when i used to feel like that when i would wake up, i called it a highover.  usually smoking alot of weed just makes you wanna sleep more...just get more sleep and youll feel good.  Seasoned potheads know, though - blaze it up and just go straight from highover to high :rasta:

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

InvisibleThePyschonaut52
Stranger
Male

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: boomer q]
    #6883561 - 05/07/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

boomer's right; just blaze a blunt in the morning and keep blazing all day

--------------------
"In god we trust..."

-I guess we're screwed.

Offlinemichael_lifshitz
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: here
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: ThePyschonaut52]
    #6883915 - 05/07/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Haha.

I've been smoking weed for a long time.

These days I smoke about once a day.

But yeah, I drank a lot of water last night and it was better, but still I didn't feel great. I feel like weed just drains me of my energy. I think I just need to take a break. Which works out cause Im going on a trip with my family for three weeks soon.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
    #6883922 - 05/07/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

eat your weed instead of smoking it, and you'l wake up probably still stoned.

recipe in sig.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: moon_glue]
    #6884983 - 05/07/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I consider a "weed hangover" to leave my eyes feeling heavy and just over all detached from reality a little bit, so I smoke another bowl and the second stone or 3rd stone takes that feeling away until you go to bed.

And for myself there isn't much a good nights sleep cant heal so I wake up feeling normal and usually refreshed.

I remember about 4 years ago marijuana affected me the next day after I smoked... was my second time smoking and burned up some of the meanest dank buds Ive smoked to this day, anyway I couldn't get rid of feeling dispatched and just overall out of it..I couldn't get a grasp on things and I would forget things after being told a few minutes earlier. it lasted for about a day and a half eventually wore off and I was stoked about it :thumbup:

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6885000 - 05/07/07 03:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

try a shot of couch syrup before you go to bed

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6885015 - 05/07/07 03:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

"sounds to me like your just a weed smokin noob....dont feel bad, everyone was a noob sometime...i havent taken a day off smoking weed for.......years, since high school ive been on what i like to call my '5 a day plan' so i dont feel normal until ive smoked my first blunt of the day"

Sounds to me like your trying to prove somthing or sound cool but dont feel bad, what do I know?

"but yeah, more sleep. oh, I also found eating 1.4 of a grapefuit in the morning helped me out."

I am also curious to know what is 1.4 of a grape fruit? and do you know why a grape fruit would help in any way, Im also very curious to find that out.

Joking btw I figure you ment 1/4th of a grape fruit:cool:

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

#6885024 - 05/07/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

smoke more, avoid blunts, drink more water

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Edited by Pikashroom (05/07/07 03:08 PM)

Offlinecannabisg
Stranger

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #6885084 - 05/07/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I experience the same effects mostly because I smoke about a half ounce a day and yes it makes you feel really groggy and unmotivated . Well believe it or not I've found the solution to my problem, I usually pack a small bowl 0.1-0.2G and it doesn't give me a full blown high, but it seems to get all your senses up and going. So far I've been doing this daily before school and it's keeping me motivated throughout the whole school day and when I get home then I can pack some big bowls!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: cannabisg]
    #6894407 - 05/09/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I know this problem and the only way I know how to fix it is to smoke less and/or sleep more. It's a drug and it has side effects =/ Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Man that's a stupid phrase. Why would you have cake and not be able to eat it?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineDavidP
Stranger
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: freddurgan]
    #6894872 - 05/09/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The effects tend to hang around longer in chronic users, which means that if you smoke all the time you are pretty much stoned all the time. Surely you aren't surprised? Because I think we all know people like that. I'm not saying it's bad, there's old farts out cutting sugar cane in Jamaica that have been that way for fifty years going and they seem to be doing fine. If it makes you happy, what are you bitchin about? And if it doesn't make you happy, then why are you doing it?

Offlinehunter420
explorer

Loc: east coast, florida
    #10192621 - 04/18/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In the morning, do yoga. This is an optimal way to stimulate the slowed thyroid, which has resulted from THC indulgence.
I love to smoke or vaporize.
If you feel like being high in the morning, vaporize do yoga and eat a fresh healthy breakfast outside.
It'll be the best day of your life.
So youtube "sun salutation" some morning and heat up the vaporizer.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: hunter420]
    #10193707 - 04/19/09 04:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Beanhead (06/29/15 11:10 AM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: freddurgan]
    #10193954 - 04/19/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
I know this problem and the only way I know how to fix it is to smoke less and/or sleep more. It's a drug and it has side effects =/ Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Man that's a stupid phrase. Why would you have cake and not be able to eat it?

Because once you eat your cake..... you no longer have it. It is about possesiveness and greed. Similar to not keeping all your eggs in one basket....

The first to warn against the tendancy to consume the possesed.

The second to advise on how to maintain the possesed against potential problems.

EDIT = If you feel like crap after smoking weed........ And you want to change it.........

I know this sounds stupid. But.

Stop smoking weed, or start smoking so much that the symptoms you dont enjoy become "normal".

Edited by Shad0w (04/19/09 07:38 AM)

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: Beanhead]
    #10194288 - 04/19/09 09:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Beanhead said:
Why do you find that feeling unpleasant? To me it's always been awesome that light body feel you still have and to think about the probably messed up things you did or thought about the day before.

I love waking up like that :smirk:

:crazy2:  the only thing that sucks is when you have to wake up for college and go to sleep way too late and only get 3-4 hours .................then wake up feeling tired/stoned and pissed off that you gotta go to college :minigun:

OfflineInSaNe182
Stranger
Male
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: DavidP]
    #10194386 - 04/19/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Usually the day after I smoke i just feel a little 'out of' everything. Generally, I just smoke again, and the feelings gone. At worst though, it only lasts for about half of the day after I've smoked, so it's not all that bad anyway.

--------------------
My doctor asked me if I had any symptoms that Marijuana might alleviate, I told him "well...yeah..I get bummed when I run out of weed."

Offlinemarileve
Stranger
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: InSaNe182]
    #19908346 - 04/27/14 04:57 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

We just released our Marijuana Hangover Cure and you can try it for free here

https://www.marijuanahangovercure.com/product/free-2-pill-sample-marileve/

Enjoy!!

Offline1314697
Ight guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: NM
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: marileve]
    #19908660 - 04/27/14 06:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If you dont want a hangover don't smoke weed. It's extremely over rated IMO buy something worth your money.

--------------------
Far beyond Lost in Space

OfflineJesusDaMartian
★ Intergalactic Shaman ★

Loc: USA East Coast
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: 1314697]
    #19910936 - 04/28/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

smoke more weed

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand
'Cause that is something everybody everywhere does
In the same language"
-Wooden Ships

OfflineSixStripsDeep
Groove Master

Loc: Groove Town, USA
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: JesusDaMartian]
    #19911026 - 04/28/14 10:07 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Lol the simple answer is quit smoking weed haha.

OfflineJimmyhunter1000
That guy.
Male

Loc: Massachusetts, USA.
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: SixStripsDeep]
    #19912004 - 04/28/14 02:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Dat nearly 6 year Necro for self-advertising. :facepalm3:

--------------------
There isn't a trail too long or too wide.

OfflineSammysong
Dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: Idios kosmos
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: Jimmyhunter1000]
    #20023823 - 05/22/14 07:33 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Fish oil.

--------------------

OfflineStellaMagnolia
Good Vibes Fairy

Loc: The Vibe Tribe
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: Sammysong]
    #20023862 - 05/22/14 07:49 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Try vaping

--------------------

Offlinebigbitch
Stranger

Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: StellaMagnolia]
    #20027998 - 05/23/14 12:52 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If you've got money go get a GOOD vaporizer with some kind of water percolation setup, and vape one bowl a day at night.  Trust me, if you need to know a good vape pm me.  You could also try eating activated oils, but it's quite different.

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Marijuana hangover and unpleasant side effects. How to avoid? [Re: bigbitch]
    #20028069 - 05/23/14 01:11 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:oldthread:
I think y'all can quit posting now haha.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds