Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the middle of nowhere
Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye??
    #6866092 - 05/03/07 03:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hey there now that i've prepared my spore syringes and im ready to inoculate em on rye , i m thinking about the casing method on the tek as from print to spore in rye but that tek says 2 part verm / 1 part coco coir . Thats why i bought those but now that ive done a deeper search i ve seen people having problems with overlaying and casing coir colonizing fast . Finding peat moss is a real pain around here asked everyone about it and it seems like i wont be finding it . Yesterday i found an older forum posted by Anno http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/528046#528046
and seen some of his results with equal parts of verm / coco coir / and peat based potting soil(limestone , and some oystershells too) . I can find some peat based potting soils around here but not peat moss itself so this mix he mentione in his grow log seems suitable fort me ? So what do you use for rye colonized casings which one works better than opthers any help will be appreciated =)) peace

--------------------
In my own summer , there is no crowd in the streets and no sun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye?? [Re: whereismymind]
    #6866693 - 05/03/07 10:02 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Look for Miracle Grow Moisture Control. Home Depot and Lowes carries it.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye?? [Re: Quake3]
    #6866749 - 05/03/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Potting soil was the old standard back in the early 80's for use as casing. However, most of it has a lot of small wood chips, and trichoderma really loves those. Just use whatever you have available. The purpose of a casing soil is to provide moisture and also to provide lots of little air pockets with high humidity to stimulate primordia formation. Try to run the potting soil through a mesh to get as much of the wood out as you can. A small amount of perlite added to the casing material helps as well by providing air spaces in the mix that will disappear when you remove all the wood. Perlite won't hold moisture the way verm does, so don't leave the verm out, but it does provide those air spaces you need.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Re: Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye?? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6870932 - 05/04/07 03:02 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone else have any other ideas about casing ? anyone who ve experienced coco coir + verm ?

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye?? [Re: whereismymind]
    #6870947 - 05/04/07 03:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I couldn't make this any simpler for ya

Get this stuff>>>>> you can get a GIANT bag of it nearly anywhere,its not impossible to find like verm

I find best results with pasteurizing it but I have read of some ppl skipping that altogether and still being just fine....It may still be more expensive than putting together your own mix but hey,ya pay for convenience and in my opinion its well worth it

Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Re: Verm+Peat moss - verm + coco coir + peat based potting soil for ecuadors colonized in rye?? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6870975 - 05/04/07 03:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not living in the USA , living in turkey but i ll try to get something equivelant to that . thanks :rolleyes:
I've found also some peat moss at last after searching for a long time , but of course again they sell it in 80 lt bags for something like 10 $ i guess i ll go buy that one if i can't find the other one . damn  i 'll have to go for an hour way to get it and carry it back with me (which is 25 kg or so ) to home =)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds