Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #6556042 - 02/11/07 09:41 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niki420 said:
is there anything you can do about it? yes, quit toking. however if you're not willing to try that, then consider this...

i quit my 5-6 year long 1/4 per day habit because of anxiety and a rapid heartbeat.
it's been almost 2 years since I quit, and I've started blazing a bowl here and there, mostly on weekends.
i still get the rapid heartbeat. its a normal side effect. if you are concerned by it, it'll get 1000X worse. the best thing, for me, if I start getting somewhat anxious is to ignore it. forget about it completely, although easier said than done, ive found that with a bit of practice its not so hard. concentrate on the happy feelings instead of the negative ones. also just remind yourself that it's normal, and although uncomfortable, it can't hurt you. if it's really bad, go for a walk. if you're anything like me, sitting around and watching TV or listening to stimulating music will make you go kinda stir-crazy, which obviously won't help your situation at all.

A quarter ounce a day?!  Holy crap man.:eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlnico
Resident
Male User Gallery
Loc: PNW Canada
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: AKSE]
    #6556336 - 02/11/07 10:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Shortly after I started smoking weed I started to get odd dropping sensations and my heart rate started to change. I even got these sensations when I wasn't smoking pot, though not as severe. At first it really worried me, and I eventually got a bunch of tests done. The tests found nothing but my condition didn't change. After months of continued use I started noticing it less and less until one day I realized the symptoms had all but stopped.

Now I get similar sensations to this when I go without pot... go figure. My theory is that it's my blood pressure, and it changes whenever I go for long periods of time with weed or long periods of time without weed.

I'm no doctor so don't take my word for it. :crazy:

Offlinesupercropper
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Cepheus]
    #6557175 - 02/12/07 04:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, I have never seen so many people having adverse side effects from weed. I have been smoking for over 8 years and have never had a problem. I used to smoke a qp a week in blunts when I was younger, now I smoke soley from glass bongs and job's.

I experienced more negative high when tobacco was involved. However if weed is burned in glass, I never seem to get paranoid or worried. Metal bowls always make me feel paranoid after smoking. I bet there is science to it.

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Ten_Percenter]
    #6557328 - 02/12/07 07:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hi :-)

I have the same problem, heartbeat going buts, paranoia, eyes started to widen and widen, then fear, and stronger and stronger.....

So I quit smoking, was smoking daily for 3 years, then stopped for 7yrs :-)

I would once every year or 2 try a joint again, but same ol same ol......

Then, about 2 months ago I tryed again, BUT this time I went into it with a different mindset, the tripping mindset.
I.E. Right Time, Right Place, Right People.

I`m still smoking, 2 months later :-D

Don`t get me wrong, I still get paranoid and anxiety at time, but nowhere near as often, and when I do, I can usualy help myself through it and my m8s help too, and then it`s gone :-)
It`s also happening less and less and less often too because i`m kinda dealing with it, ya know?
It`s actualy pretty damned rare now :-D

Couple of good tips I would say is have a couple or 3 beers first, to inebriate you, but not to get wasted. Then have a smoke :-)
It kinda lossens you into the experiance, I do the same thing every time b4 mushrooms too, not that mushys give me any probs, its just to lossen me up for the shift in reality :-)

Another good tip is if you get the panic/heart shit, grab a paperbag and breath in and out, in and out, in and out.
This really does work man i`m telling you, calms ya heat the fuck down for sure :-)
Then, once calm, let yourself just stay there, not even talking, just being comfortable and let yaself stay b4 you move to chating ect again :-)

Cannabis for me is a fundamental part of making me, me.
If it wasn`t for mary jane I wouldnt have changed my views on life, sen that its so sereen and beutifal.
I wouldn`t have had the dramatic change in music, I wouldnt have picked up the guitar and started teaching myself..... I love her :-)
This happened b4 I orriginaly quit 7yrs ago, its not something that I lost at all when I quit, but Imissed what pot did to my ears first and formost, then moments of dramatic truths, realisations, love of music, everything.
I still had em, just didn`t feel it, I just knew it, ya know?

So lemme clear up and say.
You WILL NOT lose anything if you stop smoking.
Treat having a joint just like tripping, respect the herb, and she`ll respect you :-)
ONLY have a smoke when you "feel" its the right time, place, and right people :-)
and a sidenote, 2-3beers and a paperbag in your pocket just incase :-)

This is what helped me, thats all and i`m so fukin happy i`m smoking again, which btw, is only at weekends usualy, cept for a lil 1 skinner when i`m playing guitar during the week, sometimes :-)

Hope that helps man :-)

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Offlinesupercropper
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Zirus666]
    #6557442 - 02/12/07 09:09 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Just make sure you don't watch Watership Down while you are sativa'd out, because I promise, not even the hardest person on the planet could watch that movie without a little anxiety.

Especially when the rabbit is snared and experiences a most disgusting cartoon death then revival scene of all time.

Definitly do not watch it whilst tripping!

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: UncleLuke]
    #6557772 - 02/12/07 11:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
I smoked pot for the past 5 years but just quit about 3 months ago because I started getting severely uncomfortable whenever I'd smoke. I do think it's because of underlying psychological problems, or maybe because I started taking Effexor XR daily. My thoughts would race too fast and my heart would pound out of my chest.

I can eat 3 hits of high powered blotter and still not feel as panicy as I did when I smoked. I guess I just got burnt out for good.

Exactly the same, only replace the LCD with any dose of shrooms(my highest 10.5 grams dry).

I think as a teenager I was more carefree and confident etc, and weed just made me have a blast. Now when I smoke I think people are judging my actions and words to the point where I would rather be alone. I know they are not, but I can't shake the feeling, so I too have quit. I have smoked maybe 5-10 times in the past 5 months, which is nothing compared to how I smoked for the last 5 years.

I can still smoke when I am alone, and it is cool, but I cannot with most people, certain people in particulour. It sucks, but atleast I am saving money. Though I drink more than I used to.

Maybe one day it will work out.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6557815 - 02/12/07 11:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hank, FTW said:
Quote:

UncleLuke said:
I smoked pot for the past 5 years but just quit about 3 months ago because I started getting severely uncomfortable whenever I'd smoke. I do think it's because of underlying psychological problems, or maybe because I started taking Effexor XR daily. My thoughts would race too fast and my heart would pound out of my chest.

I can eat 3 hits of high powered blotter and still not feel as panicy as I did when I smoked. I guess I just got burnt out for good.

Exactly the same, only replace the LCD with any dose of shrooms(my highest 10.5 grams dry).

man your not supposed to eat that shit :grin:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Cepheus]
    #6558195 - 02/12/07 01:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

lol an LCD computer monitor.

--------------------

OfflineMadSeason

#6558249 - 02/12/07 01:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have my heart beating faster too after I smoke since some times now. I don't have paranoia or all this... always good trips but the heart beat faster and I can feel beat.

--------------------
In the province of the mind, there are no limits

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: MadSeason]
    #6558393 - 02/12/07 02:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It's good to see someone else listens to Mad Season.... even though they only got to make 1 album.

--------------------

OfflineMadSeason

#6559023 - 02/12/07 04:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I adore Mad Season :mushroom2:

--------------------
In the province of the mind, there are no limits

Offlinearne
evidenced treasurer
Male

Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: MadSeason]
    #6559108 - 02/12/07 05:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"I experienced more negative high when tobacco was involved. However if weed is burned in glass, I never seem to get paranoid or worried. Metal bowls always make me feel paranoid after smoking. I bet there is science to it."

This definately applies to me too. Tobacco is a 'downer', while MJ is an 'Upper', which means that smoking it pure will make you 'high' and when you mix it with tobacco it makes you 'stoned'. (I hope you guys use the same words for it in english lol).
I don't know about glass or metal but I know wood's good for me :wink:

"but it ended up flushing out layers and layers of useless shit that was in my head which the weed seemed to bring to light. It ended up being a bit of a spiritual antiseptic."

That's how it works for me too, weed helps me somehow to notice which parts of my behaviour make no sense and it helps me get rid of them.

Offlineeyehavenoi
bread basket

Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: arne]
    #6559184 - 02/12/07 05:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

smoke less.

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Linja]
    #6854204 - 04/30/07 02:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Linja said:
Whenever I smoke I feel sick as all heck. I usually end up vomitting.
I become introverted, twitchy and generally just want the whole experience to end. I was wondering also if there was anything that can be done about this.
-Linja

Damn that is almost exactly how I react, although I also feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper into the ground and need to be in a cold shower.
Have you tried smoking on uppers? Works for me, but can't do it sober :mad2:

Offlinecheckyourchest
Explorer

Re: Weed making me anxious with rapid heart beat. [Re: Arp]
    #6858984 - 05/01/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

strong bud gives me horrible anxiety...unfortunately i think i've carried some of the anxiety over to my sober self too :sad:

lsd/mushies are still good in moderation though:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom