Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesmokinfoo
Stranger
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: Quake3]
    #6830773 - 04/25/07 05:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I contacted the author, this is sadly a work of fiction. I find it really lame that he presented it as true.

here is the email:
Quote:

Dear smokin,

The story is fiction, but based on true facts about jury nullification and the war on drugs. Thanks. Joel

In a message dated 4/24/2007 9:53:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, smokinfoo writes:

> Subj: @Joel Turtel
> Date: 4/24/2007 9:53:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> From: smokinfoo
> To: Lbooksusa@aol.com
> Sent from the Internet
>
>
>
> I recently read the below article authored by yourself. I felt inspired
> by it and it encouraged me to learn more about my rights and "powers" as
> a juror should I ever become one. Unfortunately I can't help but wonder
> if the story told is true. Do you have any more information about this
> situation, like where it occured?
>
> http://www.theconservativevoice.com/profile/2794/Joel-Turtel.html
>
> Cooperatively yours,
> smokin

Edited by smokinfoo (04/25/07 05:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: unseenat17]
    #6831011 - 04/25/07 07:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

unseenat17 said:
I would think more that its our responsibility to learn our own rights...and thats why you can find out your rights so easily. If the judge spent time telling everyone involved in a case all of everyones options, a lot of time would be wasted. Another moral of the story, other than jury nullification, was to do research on your own rights like the engineer did. As cheesy as it sounds...knowledge is power.

Very well said. It is no one elses job but your own to insure you know what you need to know. I think your rights are something you need to know. If you are going to serve on a jury, I think its your duty to research what you have to do.

To many people expect others to do everything for them.

Knowledge is power, and you could scream it over and over and over, but most of America still wont understand or care.

OfflineaRealClassAct
A Beautiful Mind
Male

Loc: I have no idea....
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: unseenat17]
    #6832148 - 04/25/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

unseenat17 said:
I would think more that its our responsibility to learn our own rights...and thats why you can find out your rights so easily.  If the judge spent time telling everyone involved in a case all of everyones options, a lot of time would be wasted.  Another moral of the story, other than jury nullification, was to do research on your own rights like the engineer did.  As cheesy as it sounds...knowledge is power.

I agree completely.  Sadly, knowing about jury nullification (just for those of you who are not already aware) will do nothing for you if you are ever in the hot seat, as it is illegal for the defendant to request jury nullification.  But if enough people knew about jury nullification, drug charges are the perfect areas to apply it.  Imagine case after case involving drug related charges where the defendant is acquited do to jury nullification.  Then my friends, the U.S. Government would have no choice but to legalize this shit and stop wasting everyones time and law enforcement dollars on petty issues such as what people do on their down time to relax/have fun.:smirk:

--------------------
Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity. -John Nash; A Beautiful Mind

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: aRealClassAct]
    #6833102 - 04/25/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

Wikipedia is usually on the ball.

Looks like the story is spot on, true or not.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: Nephlyte]
    #6833358 - 04/25/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

good article

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6845108 - 04/28/07 12:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

asome story... shows what a man can do when he sticks up for him self and his beliefs

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: “I Don’t Care What the Judge Said!” Marijuana user found Not Guilty by jury [Re: biggysmall]
    #9701453 - 01/29/09 06:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know this thread is old... but with more and more states decriminalizing marijuana, THIS HAS NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT TO KNOW!  "Why are we going to send a man away for 5 years if states all over the nation are taking away all criminal penalties for simple possession."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom