Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8523926 - 06/14/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dizzwizzle said:
I think that using your spare CPU cycles to solve complex scientific problems for the better is great!

One question, if i install this folding program to more CPUs, will all of them be able to run under my username??

Dizz

Absolutely, the answer is yes.  All you have to do is log each client you install with the appropriate login information (username, password) and each WU it completes will be credited to your account.  I currently have 2 processors online and have had 4 in the past.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: rev 766]
    #8523936 - 06/14/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
could someone please tell me why it keeps telling me there is a core download error, and tries multiple times to get the new core? i completed 1wu and now it's doing this crap for the last hour.
it looks like it's downloading, the numbers run up to around 70,000bytes really fast then tells me there's an error. i couldn't find any info about this.

It could be a number of things.  I'd recommend, first and foremost, uninstalling the client, rebooting, then reinstalling the client and see what happens.

If you're running a firewall and haven't made an exception, there might be a problem with the downloaded core file.  Give it a shot and report back.

Invisiblesoulworksinc
U.L.C. Minister

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: good question...
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: toastandjam]
    #8612874 - 07/09/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice little project. good to be on the team.

:cheers:

--------------------
***Attention!***

All posts made by this writer must be considered works of fiction and speculative science. There is no connection between the author's reality and the posts made by him.

All state and federal agencies reading this post should disregard it as being of no more relevant data than the average spam email.

***Attention!***

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: soulworksinc]
    #8630098 - 07/13/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I just started folding again after a long time away.  I started using the screensaver version (OSX) so it can run while I'm away.  I've noticed that when I return to my computer, it's extremely warm and I can hear the fans etc. working much harder than they typically do.  Is this normal?  I feel uncomfortable letting this run for long periods of time because of this but maybe I'm just paranoid .... ?

Thoughts anyone?

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: abhi]
    #8630228 - 07/13/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's definitely normal, it's because your CPU is operating at full capacity and it's nothing to worry about. Your system is engineered to withstand the heat. In fact by running at a continuous high load you reduce temperature-related expansion and contraction which can physically stress the CPU (although you also make the CPU more prone to the effects on electromigration). But honestly, with modern hardware, neither one of those concerns is anything but academic. Your hardware should outlast the usable lifespan of your computer even when utilized to its full capacity.

However, I notice you said you're running OSX. The one caveat to the above is if you have a Macbook or Macbook Pro. In the past they came with too much thermal paste applied, and this can cause real heat problems. If your system is affected, you should get it serviced by Apple. But just because it runs hot after the CPU has been maxed out for a while doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. If it starts crashing or shutting down on you because it gets so hot, then I would be concerned.

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: Ythan]
    #8631551 - 07/13/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Joined up with the folding team last night.
I hope my involvement does somebody some good.
Peace.

Offlinechinabean
Mycoholic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: creekfreek]
    #8632185 - 07/14/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Just wanted to introduce myself as a noob to the forums, mycology and folding! Started folding a couple days ago, with my quad-core running the SMP client and my 8800GTS running the GPU2 client. My PS3 is on its way back from an RMA and should have that folding by mid-week too!

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: rev 766]
    #8637318 - 07/15/08 11:26 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
could someone please tell me why it keeps telling me there is a core download error, and tries multiple times to get the new core? i completed 1wu and now it's doing this crap for the last hour.
it looks like it's downloading, the numbers run up to around 70,000bytes really fast then tells me there's an error. i couldn't find any info about this.

Same here. Rebooted and installed. problem persisted.

Edit - Sweet its working now. I am a small part of a greater cause. Woohoo!

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: Ledd]
    #8637334 - 07/15/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Instantly noticed my fan working harder than ever before though. I'm keeping a close eye on this...

--------------------

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: Ledd]
    #8637359 - 07/15/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey I never had to pick a user name or anything... It asked my name and I put my first name in, but never did it do any search for availability. Im a little familiar with comps and  this wasnt the username question, it was like a registration of product question. I wanna be able to display my addition to the effort. Any help?

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: Ythan]
    #8649268 - 07/17/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the info, Ythan.  I'm glad to start folding again after so long.

--------------------

Offlinechinabean
Mycoholic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: abhi]
    #8661527 - 07/21/08 12:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, how many people are using the GPU2 core?

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: chinabean]
    #8683955 - 07/26/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I just started running F@H on my ps3. Hopefully I can catch up =]

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineBevis
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: tak]
    #8684504 - 07/26/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just started running the program myself. Looks pretty interesting. I used to have the SETI program running all the time. This looks like fun and I would like to add to the community here.

OfflineHazeyRoms
The Pro Sonn
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Multi-core processors (AMD) [Re: Bevis]
    #8684780 - 07/26/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ythan, why does your headline state " ;þ " ??

--------------------
-Sonn, Hazey here. And I'm bacc. Anyone in Wisconsin, PM me. Unity my nillas/niggas.

-"5 Nike duffle bags??? How much does all that weigh?? - Just 30 pounds Bruhh, relax my nilla, it don't stink like weed so we're all good."-(Penis Envy Moments)-

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Join the Shroomery Folding@home Team! [Re: Diploid]
    #8763600 - 08/12/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

How do i find out what im supposed to be doing, i know this is probably retarded but please help

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Join the Shroomery Folding@home Team! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8770706 - 08/13/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is driving me nuts.  My computer completed 4 wu's and every time I go to type in the user name it says it hasnt completed any wu's.  I must be retarded.  I mean its telling me it completed 4 wu so I dont get it?  Any help?

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: Join the Shroomery Folding@home Team! [Re: Krez]
    #8787219 - 08/17/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wooo #40!

better watch out, i'm gaining
8800gts graphics card works remarkably well

Quote:

This is driving me nuts.  My computer completed 4 wu's and every time I go to type in the user name it says it hasnt completed any wu's.  I must be retarded.  I mean its telling me it completed 4 wu so I dont get it?  Any help?

it takes some time to update the stats, this might be the problem?

Edited by golden1 (08/17/08 03:23 PM)

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Join the Shroomery Folding@home Team! [Re: golden1]
    #8798356 - 08/19/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

golden1 said:
wooo #40!

better watch out, i'm gaining
8800gts graphics card works remarkably well

Quote:

it takes some time to update the stats, this might be the problem?

Doubt it...I started about a month ago.  Hmmm Oh well.  I still keep folding just kinda sucks I dont get a cool lookin helix:sad:

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Join the Shroomery Folding@home Team! [Re: Krez]
    #8852440 - 08/30/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Figured it out.  I had the same username as someone else so they were getting the credit for what my comp was doing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals