Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Kava Kava

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoctyle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Daily Kanna Use
    #6642178 - 03/06/07 06:53 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I recently acquired some of the 350 mg Kanna vegi-caps sold by iamshaman. They claim that each cap has 20 mg of mesembrine. I find that they function quite effictively as an anti-depressant. I have never been diagnosed with depression by a professional and I have never been on a prescription antidepressant, but I certainly have most of the well known markers for mild depression or bi-polar disorder. I mainly somoke a lot of cannabis to deal with this, but there are some disadvantages to that, especially as I get older. Daily cannabis use is not as effective or enjoyable as a soul method of moderating my mood as it used to be for me (still good though).

I have taken one of these kanna capsules in the morning almost every day for the last nine days. I skipped Sunday and Monday just to see what would happen, and because I was a bit paranoid about taking them every day.

Today is Tuesday and I took one this morning. The difference between how I feel today and how I felt yesterday is truly significant. I think I was more effective and confident at work and performed much more effectively, while feeling better. In the first week, there did seem to be a side effect of digestive problems and constipation, but I didn't feel that today.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone knows if daily Kanna use could cause any problems. There was no real withdrawl when I stopped taking them for the two days. I did feel generally shitty on Monday, but this is pretty normal for me. I think I could really benifit from Kanna without having to tread into the waters of pharmaceutical medications, but I don't want to make my depression worse by becoming tolarent or dependent on it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: coctyle]
    #6650767 - 03/08/07 11:02 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I took kanna two to three times daily, 100mg or so chewed for about three months. The digestive complaints you had during your first week may have been the kanna flushing out toxins, which it has been known to do. Some people even throw up the first time they use it. Kanna cured my depression and anxiety within a couple days of my first using it. After about three months of daily use I decided I would try going without it, and to my surprise I felt even better without it. I used zoloft for a couple years, the kanna worked MUCH better with no side effects or withdrawals.

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A Flag
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: Neon]
    #6652882 - 03/09/07 03:10 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

the best way to avoid stomache discomfort is to chew it then spit it out. at least for me it makes a difference

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinecoctyle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: the man]
    #6665909 - 03/13/07 08:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the great info. I have continued to take the 350 mg tablets with good effects. In fact, I need to order more.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #6666537 - 03/13/07 11:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

is kanna and kava different plants?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDelta9Hippie
Traveler
Male

Loc: Spaceship Earth
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: danlennon3]
    #6666800 - 03/14/07 12:02 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
is kanna and kava different plants?

Yes they are. Kanna is a desert succulent from South Africa classified as Sceletium tortuosum. Kava is a Pacific Island viney plant classified as Piper methysticum.
Kanna is in the Mesembryantheaceae family, and contains mesembrine, a SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor) and the plant itself causes a euphoric energized feeling if one were to consume it. Kava's kavalactones present in the roots are usually prepared in beverage form and is drunk to bring out good vibes and a feeling of well-being. There's plenty more to read about both online, especially Kava.

--------------------
"During evolutionary time, the avenues of possible progress have become progressively restricted, until today only one remains...Man...has been suddenly appointed managing director of the biggest business of all, the business of evolution."

Life begins the day you start a garden.

Check out my trade list in My Journal...

Offlineshroomaker
Stranger
    #9617648 - 01/15/09 11:15 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Worm Composting Made Easy

InvisibleJade

Loc: Ohio, USA
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: shroomaker]
    #9617682 - 01/15/09 11:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'd love to try some kanna

Offlinebrshroomer
Moss bear hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: Jade]
    #9617727 - 01/15/09 11:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

kanna is great, i'm in love with it :tongue:

i can really feel the mood lifting effect with it. and i can also feel the difference bettwen ingestion methods. smoking makes you feel relaxed, eating makes you feel sociable.

i made pills once, 250mg, took 5 during a day and noticed no problems that day or the day after.

i'm not cutting my plants down though, so i won't be able to sample it again for some time.

--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #9617857 - 01/15/09 11:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It's an amazing plant.  For me it's not just a mood elevator, it's a teacher.

Offlineshroomaker
Stranger
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: Neon]
    #9621366 - 01/16/09 03:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The article I posted mentions an alcohol extract tincture. Would anyone have a clue how to go about this?  I am growing sceletium tortuosum, sceletium sp 'nova' (supposedly same chemistry but more hardy plant), and Delosperma bosseranum (ice plant).

--------------------
Worm Composting Made Easy

Edited by shroomaker (01/16/09 03:52 PM)

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
    #9621737 - 01/16/09 05:16 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If your worried about doing it everyday, try mixing in identical pills that are not active. You would probably get a placebo effect. Save money and cut back, and you would know your capable of feeling good with out it =0)~

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Daily Kanna Use *DELETED* [Re: Ledd]
    #9623188 - 01/16/09 10:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mufungo

Reason for deletion: ...

--------------------

Offlinegeedorah
CHOPPN SCIM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Close to the edge
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: Mufungo]
    #9624018 - 01/17/09 01:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The effects of Kana are very noticable. I've taken exams, done job interviews, went to work on, and been hit by a car while on kanna. I have noticed a difference in social skills and anxiety.

Usually I can only go a few days on it. I start to feel removed after about 3 days of taking 700mg. I always pop open the capsules and spread with peanut butter on a cracker. In about and hour I can feel the effects.

I've never felt like I depended on it and usually only take one dose a month when I want to pine away from society. If doable I suggest working out or going for a run prior to taking Kanna. I've noticed increased effects

--------------------

Offlineharris_t
Stranger
    #18424479 - 06/15/13 08:47 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I'm really happy to have found this thread regarding daily use of Kanna. I just discovered it a few days ago and it is an amazing drug, like a mild come up/body high of shrooms that I enjoy so much.

5htp, st jonhs wort, and of course other SSRIs seem to have their mentioned serotonin withdrawal symptoms, but not kanna. At least not yet anyway, any update on you folks that are still taking it on a daily basis?

Offline420milehigh
shaman

Loc: third eye
Re: Daily Kanna Use [Re: harris_t]
    #18429179 - 06/16/13 08:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

hey just figured I'd let you know this thread is like 6.5 years old....

DIE ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!:beatingtodeath:

--------------------
All posts are entirely, 100%, conclusively false or complete works of fiction... but I can levitate lol

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

if I owe you seeds from a previous trade send me a PM, I will rectify my shortcomings and compensate you for your patience

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Kava Kava

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden