Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Cacao Sabanero?
    #6590365 - 02/20/07 05:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking to a friend; whom I work with, from Columbia the other day. We were discussing coca and the practice of coca chewing in South America.

The conversation meandered from coca to other mind altering plants in his native home of Columbia. He told me about a plant that produces seeds that resemble sunflower seeds or peanuts (one of the two)  which the locals call cacao sabanero.

He said two or three of these seeds when ingested would cause a trip like effect that he compared to the tried and true hallucinogenic, psilocybian mushrooms.

I searched the net high and low and only found links that were all in Spanish.

I'm thinking that these cacao sabenero seeds may come from some type of solanaceous plant. What tipped me off to this hunch was that he claimed to have tripped off of these seeds for roughly 2 days, even on a small dose (2-3 seeds).

He told me that he didn't realize how powerful these seeds were the first time he used them so he took about 15 of them. He said he didn't even know what was going on and had no control over himself for a few days, he also stated that he didn't remember much during the few days that he was so deeply intoxicated.

I did see the word "borrachero" in most of the links I looked at, which I know is used in description of Brugmansias (tree daturas / angel trumpets). I also know the term to be used in description of Alternanthera lehmannii (an ayahuasca admixture ingredient).

Basically my Columbian friend told me that "borrachero" means drunk. I've seen this word translated as intoxicant which is a very broad term to describe a drug. Needless to say, I'm stumped on an identification of this cacao sabanero.

Just to clarify things, cacao; as we all know, is the Latin name of chocolate, which I proceeded to ask him (of course) if these two plants are related. His reply was a solid no! So I'm very confused! :confused:

I'm hoping that some one here can help me identify this so called intoxicant/drunken (borrachero) plant called cacao sabenero?!... :psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Cacao Sabanero? [Re: entheoindole]
    #6590534 - 02/20/07 06:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Im 99.9% sure it is a Brugmansia specie.

Nothing I would mess with :smile:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Cacao Sabanero? [Re: Schwip]
    #6590544 - 02/20/07 06:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yep! now im sure

from this page: http://anm.encolombia.com/academ24360-medicinaprecolombina1.htm

rough translation from google:
Colombia is a country specially equipped with numerous psicotrópicas plants that grow in all climates, thus is comprehensible that the use of these had been very ample between all the native tribes. The main hallucinogenic plants are the different species from the Yagé (Banisteriopsis), the fruit and flower of the tree of the Sabanero Cacao (Brugmansia), the diverse species of Chamico or Borrachero (Datura) and the Batatilla (violácea Ipomea). Narcotic Rapés that is absorven by the nose and prepares of the Level seeds of the Yopo in the Eastern ones or of the rind of several species of Ferrule, species of selvático shrub.

and the original:
Colombia es un país especialmente dotado de numerosas plantas psicotrópicas que crecen en todos los climas, por lo cual es comprensible que la utilización de estos hubiera sido muy amplia entre todas las tribus nativas. Las principales plantas alucinógenas son las diferentes especies del Yagé (Banisteriopsis), la fruta y flor del árbol del Cacao Sabanero (Brugmansia), las diversas especies de Chamico o Borrachero (Datura) y la Batatilla (Ipomea violácea). Los Rapés narcóticos que se absorven por la nariz y se preparan de las semillas del Yopo en los Llanos Orientales o de la cáscara de varias especies de Virola, especie de arbusto selvático.

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Cacao Sabanero? [Re: Schwip]
    #6594391 - 02/21/07 04:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I suspected as much. The name is nothing more than local Columbian jargon for Brugs. I can't imagine what his trip was like on 15 of these seeds!:eek:  :runaway: He's lucky he is still breathing!

OfflineRickinVA
Stranger
Re: Cacao Sabanero? [Re: entheoindole]
    #7719490 - 12/05/07 12:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The name "Cacao Sabanero" is the name Columbians give for the fruit of the "Borrachero Tree".

The primary active ingredient of the seeds is primarily "Scopolamine".

When properly extracted from the seeds, it is used as a date-rape drug, or a criminal drug, where the person under its influence appears to be normal; however, is totally under the influence and suggestions / orders of whomever administered the drug.

The victim will do anything and everything told to do, without any resistance whatsoever. The effects, in dose sizes usually used, will usually last upto 8 hours.

A side-effect of the drug is that it prevents the formation of memories while under its influence, so the drugged person will have absolutely NO memory of what he or she did or who drugged him/her.

It's a real problem in Columbia.

In doses too large, it is lethal. One gram of pure "burundanga" (the name for the extract of the "cacao sabanero" seeds, will kill 10 to 15 people. But in small doses, it creates temporary "zombies" out of the victims drugged by it.

It is "tasteless" and in drinks "colorless" and "odorless" and its powdered form is usually put in drinks, on food or just blown in the face if the victim. It takes approximately 10 to 20 minutes for its full effects to take place, and will continue for hours/days (depending on the dose).

So, it is definitely not a drug to "play" with. If taken in high, non-lethal doses, it can render the victim permanently insane.

Lesser doses can yield the type of trip you are referring to.

But knowing what is a lethal dose for a specific person is very difficult.

In Columbia, where it is used often by local criminals, deaths from its use are not uncommon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract