Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Banez]
    #6425518 - 01/04/07 06:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
hasnt been safe for awhile, they have been taking my packages for months..

SoD, a very reliable shroomery member and trader, sent 2 packages of san pedro seeds.. neither of which got to my house... even when he purchased delivery confirmation.. the post office on both ends said it arrived.. and it never came.

UPS is the way to ship.

strange, he left me a shitty rating and swears the mail always arrives

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: adrug]
    #6425552 - 01/04/07 06:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"The 4th ammendment is not legally binding"

How in the fuck did this asshole con any of us into voting for him?

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Invisibleadrug

Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Konnrade]
    #6425560 - 01/04/07 06:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I wasn't fooled.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#6425776 - 01/04/07 07:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was telling people before his first election that it would be a mistake to vote for him. And I'm not in the US. How did I know it, but Americans didn't know it? Some of them still don't.

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6425801 - 01/04/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I hate our president!

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

OfflinePsionicMyconid
Myconid
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6425843 - 01/04/07 07:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Things are tough all over man. I've been trying to figure out how so many of my fellow Americans could possibly be stupid enough to vote for the man. I did my part and tried to talk to people about it..... who knows I might have even persuaded some of them (yeah you can do that if you don't get too "in your face" with people). Aside from the first Roman Empire, no other empire has lasted for more than 400 years ( i believe this is correct but please correct me if I am wrong)... we don't have much time left.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: PsionicMyconid]
    #6425908 - 01/04/07 07:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

well the egyptian along with many other ancient empires sustained themselves for millennia through several dynasties.

however that was a long time ago, today, at our current acceleration of time, rises and falls are more frequent, so yeah, america indeed has not much time left.

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6425925 - 01/04/07 07:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

man, i hope my spores make it home with no problems, it's legal in my state, but still, who knows, they're coming through USPS..

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

Offlinepattyfunk
Stranger
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6427216 - 01/05/07 07:35 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hey man, you guys joke about killing the us president all you want! it's not like they're watching or anything.

Offlineninfan77
Stranger
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: pattyfunk]
    #6427394 - 01/05/07 09:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think you are reading too far into the legislation. As a rule, they still need a warrant, except under "exigent circumstances". Meaning, if you are labeled as a threat, or are receiving mail from a "suspected" threat, then yes, your mail will be opened. This was true no matter what, terrorism has justified invading our privacy for quite a while now. (no i dont believe it should, but thats another issue).

Sending "illegal" substances via US Mails is still the safest courier imo. They STILL need warrants to open any joe smoe's mail. They dont need a warrant if the mail is suspected of being imminent danger or of terroristic nature/concern/links etc.

As for those who have lost items, Well yes.. once you lose something at one address. FOR GODS SAKE STOP USING THAT ADDRESS to have "items" mailed too. Are you really that nieve to think it isn't blackballed or at the very least, suspect to more rigorous customs inspection?

Mail forwarders, PO boxes are your friend. You can have as many as you want. Use them.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: ninfan77]
    #6427495 - 01/05/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

USPS was always the way to go because they couldn't legally open your mail.. there goes that.

UPS and FedEX have always been able to get into your boxes if they wanted and cooperate freely w/ the police... not to mention i've known too many people that have worked for both companies and have told me of the shit that goes on in their distribution and handling centers...

bush is such a fucking tool..

yos-

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Yoschie99]
    #6427552 - 01/05/07 10:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

USPS was always the way to go because they couldn't legally open your mail.. there goes that.

Incorrect. They could always open your mail if they got a warrant. They still can.

Bush has claimed no NEW powers for law enforcement with his signing statement.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: pattyfunk]
    #6427921 - 01/05/07 12:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Umm.. if a president becomes a dictator - shoot him?

hey man, you guys joke about killing the us president all you want! it's not like they're watching or anything.

If you meant my statement - I wasn't referring to the US president. But if you think of it: if the Iraqi's had shot Saddam Hussein when he became a dictator, USA x Iraq wars I and II wouldn't have happened. Hundreds of thousands would not have died.

Imagine if the Germans had shot Hitler in the 1930s. Millions would not have died.

Under some conditions it can be argued that it can be a patriotic duty to remove the president from office by any means necessary.

Suppose Bush trips over his words and cracks his skull, those 20-40K extra US troops would probably not be sent, and of them a couple of hundred or maybe thousand would not die, not to speak of the probably thousands of Iraqi casualties this final "tour de force" would achieve.

Sure, you can't say that, but if you read closely I'm not saying it am I? Nope: it's you who's thinking it, and fortunately they haven't found a way to control that, save for Fox.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: ninfan77]
    #6429122 - 01/05/07 07:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ninfan77 said:
I think you are reading too far into the legislation. As a rule, they still need a warrant, except under "exigent circumstances". Meaning, if you are labeled as a threat, or are receiving mail from a "suspected" threat, then yes, your mail will be opened. This was true no matter what, terrorism has justified invading our privacy for quite a while now. (no i dont believe it should, but thats another issue).

Sending "illegal" substances via US Mails is still the safest courier imo. They STILL need warrants to open any joe smoe's mail. They dont need a warrant if the mail is suspected of being imminent danger or of terroristic nature/concern/links etc.

As for those who have lost items, Well yes.. once you lose something at one address. FOR GODS SAKE STOP USING THAT ADDRESS to have "items" mailed too. Are you really that nieve to think it isn't blackballed or at the very least, suspect to more rigorous customs inspection?

Mail forwarders, PO boxes are your friend. You can have as many as you want. Use them.

The thing you seem to have missed is that the qualifications for being "exigent circumstances" are intentionally left as vague as possible. This allows "exigent circumstances" to be defined in manners which could be extremely convenient to someone looking for an excuse to make corruption easier; and, let's face the reality that a very large number of our leaders are very much interested in furthering corruption and that it has been this way for a long time.

The signing statement is completely illegal and is worth less than the ink it is written in, however it's still entirely possible that it will be enforced under the claim that it is legally binding... and that the only recourse to the victim(s) would be a supreme court appeal challenging the legality of the signing statement.

"Oh, don't worry... this is only meant to be used on terrorists" and anything along such lines is a horrible misconception that is held by most if not all of the encroachments upon liberty which have recently been passed in the name of security. If the target effect was so limited, the wording would be specific. The wording is not specific, because it's far more convenient for it to be vague, allowing for it to be interpreted in whatever way happens to be desirable... and desirability is aimed at pleasing those in charge of the decision, not those affected by it.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #6429328 - 01/05/07 08:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The signing statement is completely illegal and is worth less than the ink it is written in...

Incorrect.

Both the bill and the signing statement have been mischaracterized in the article referenced in the first post of this thread. The most thorough analysis of the situation I have come across so far is this one --

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/016398.php

You may want to read it for a better understanding of the points of law as they apply to this case.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: Phred]
    #6429428 - 01/05/07 09:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

blast...

I need to work on being more skeptical of news articles' claims... damn my overly trusting nature.

--------------------

Offlineninfan77
Stranger
    #6430503 - 01/06/07 09:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This isn't "new" legislation. Its been around for quite a long while. The only diff is bush made is sound new.

The govt/leo could always open mail if they had a reason too. Nothing has changed with that fact. The only real diff is bush can categorize it all under terrorism and do w/e he pleases with it.

Will this mean every package you send across the border, or every paraphanelia item from the UK is under "terroristic" jurisdiction? Of course not. It means, that if you, or a sender are suspected etc etc that your mail is free game. And i think we all know that anyone can be a "suspect" just that the chances of it being you are slim to none if you aren't receiving mail from iraq, iran, osama etc...

Do i like the idea of anyone being labelled as a threat and losing all rights? No. But it also doesn't mean that everyone's mail is now free game to any post master or mail man who wants to open it either..

USPS is as safe as it ever was. UPS/Fedex are still free to do w/e they want as they arent Govt.

Offlinejohnd777
Stranger
    #13283145 - 10/03/10 09:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

USPS is safest bet among alternatives.

No other delivery or shipping agency employs inspectors to protect your valuables / mail. UPS throws a package up on the porch as drives away... as does FedEx... if you have moved or are out of town for a number of days that's just where your package sits until some one picks it up.

Usually a USPS letter carrier will notify the customer or even UPS or FedEx driver that the person is on vacation or has moved... in some cases the carrier has held the package for a vacationing customer even though its the competition's parcel service.

Don't allow contemporary misgivings about USPS or its imperfections cause USPS to go under and only then realize what you've done...

For all its blunders USPS provides America with services they are sometimes unaware of and will sorely sorely miss once they are gone.

Take balancing the marketplace for example. No other company (shipping or other wise) in the world answers to a regulatory commission / board of governors in the US Government. This ALONE is what keeps shipping and delivery costs down (across the board) by offering an affordable alternative.

When the Post Office is gone... NOTHING will stop shippers from forming a cartel to raise the bottom pricing for shipping and delivery to whatever price point they desire. There will be no alternatives to say $100 per ounce price minimums or $1,000 per ounce...

THINK ABOUT IT... there are few things in your life that aren't shipped in some form or fashion. That means you will be at the mercy of the shipping cartel... and they will not give you affordable prices out of the goodness of their hearts...

look at the oil industry
the medical industry
insurance
banking
utility companies

Oh, and when shipping goes up for everyone the price of everything increases to offset the cost to the grocer, etc.

So we are teetering on the brink of a financial disaster like the world has never seen before... because we have bought into the lie that USPS is just a bunch of scraggly carriers and clerks and unctuous managers in a horse and buggy system...

Guess what else will change if there is not communications alternative... that's right... free email and free message boards and election transactions will all charge by the keystroke whatever they want to charge...

cell phones will be long distance  because with no alternatives they can charge you altitude distance to the satellite as well as distance around the globe.

Do yourself a favor do all of us a favor and support one of the last if not the last remaining vestiges of fair market free enterprise and use the Postal Service to mail letters pay bill receive magazines and news papers or send parcels or overnights

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: johnd777]
    #13283335 - 10/03/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

you must be working for the u.s. postal service

:bump:

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: USPS - no longer "safe". [Re: johnd777] * 1
    #13283380 - 10/03/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Way to reopen a 3 year old thread with misinformation that only applies to mailing legal items, making it worthless input to this thread.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder