Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: zootroid]
    #6388230 - 12/19/06 09:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zootroid said:

Does anyone know if I go on another mushroom trip and just let it take me over (I know it'll happen on pretty much any amount) and just stay like that, would that be enough to make me realize that nothing bad will happen to me? SO when I smoke weed or do anything in the future it will be normal? Or is this just a recipe for disaster and make everything for me worse?

Look man, noone here can tell yo what will happen when you take shrooms. Noone. Some will suggest that you do try that, others will sway you away from that. Decide for yourself whats best for you, you have that right you know? Excersise it...it makes you a man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: TMshroom]
    #6388231 - 12/19/06 09:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Stop being so difficult TM, as usual. Sorry that comment bothered you so much. It sort of bothered me, but it seemed like the right thing to say.

I am leveling with the guy. I have a story to tell.

You should try leveling with someone some time.

Im talking about anxiety and drinking. You called him a lame-ass puss. Im giving him actual information.

Id say this to any angry little dude like yourself. GROW UP.......

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (12/19/06 09:17 PM)

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: yageman]
    #6388249 - 12/19/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Stop being so difficult TM, as usual. Sorry that comment bothered you so much. It sort of bothered me, but it seemed like the right thing to say.

Im talking about anxiety and drinking. You called him a lame-ass puss. Im giving him actual information.

What are you trying to "level" with me now? You're not jesus, nor scientist. Its not about leveling with someone, and information you provide is not valid, in a sence that "if it works for one, it is not a guarantee it will work for another". You seem to always forget that...unless you think you're magic.

yo abra-ka-dabra B

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
    #6388263 - 12/19/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TMshroom said:
Quote:

zootroid said:

Does anyone know if I go on another mushroom trip and just let it take me over (I know it'll happen on pretty much any amount) and just stay like that, would that be enough to make me realize that nothing bad will happen to me? SO when I smoke weed or do anything in the future it will be normal? Or is this just a recipe for disaster and make everything for me worse?

Look man, noone here can tell yo what will happen when you take shrooms. Noone. Some will suggest that you do try that, others will sway you away from that. Decide for yourself whats best for you, you have that right you know? Excersise it...it makes you a man.

Good point, that's one thing I've noticed and my friends have pointed out actually, I seem to always "ask" if it's ok to do something without actually really making any decisions for myself.

Personally I will more than likely do them again, probably sometime soon to be honest. I really love to trip and just need to learn to accept stuff. I shouldn't let something like this, something that a lot of people have already experienced before me, ruin something that can be so great. :smile:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6388331 - 12/19/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TMshroom said:
Quote:

yageman said:

What are you trying to "level" with me now? You're not jesus, nor scientist. Its not about leveling with someone, and information you provide is not valid, in a sence that "if it works for one, it is not a guarantee it will work for another". You seem to always forget that...unless you think you're magic.

yo abra-ka-dabra B

Ok, dude, you cant spell, you get pissy all the time, and you always try to teach people something new when they didnt ask for it, including me. You are an angry little guy who takes things out of context all the time. It seems like you are trying to upset people.

I am not jesus, I dont think im magic, and I dont think everyones experiences are the same. You are a total moron. Honestly.

And yes I was just trying to level with you in a way, I was also trying to help drugdude by leveling with him.

I met his level by sharing a similare story, hopefully making him more comfortable. Thats all.......

Alcohol and anxiety: Its obvious what I was saying. Get over yourself and realize that what I said is valid, and I was just trying to help. If he can relate to it, great.

You are so often out of line. I just dont understand the motive behind acting like you cant read.

Thats just bad form. It does allow you to have a problem with everything people say around here. Its just unfair though.
Its worthless.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: yageman]
    #6388424 - 12/19/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

TMshroom said:
Quote:

yageman said:

yo abra-ka-dabra B

Ok, dude, you cant spell, you get pissy all the time, and you always try to teach people something new when they didnt ask for it, including me. You are an angry little guy who takes things out of context all the time. It seems like you are trying to upset people.

I am not jesus, I dont think im magic, and I dont think everyones experiences are the same. You are a total moron. Honestly.

And yes I was just trying to level with you in a way, I was also trying to help drugdude by leveling with him.

I met his level by sharing a similare story, hopefully making him more comfortable. Thats all.......

Alcohol and anxiety: Its obvious what I was saying. Get over yourself and realize that what I said is valid, and I was just trying to help. If he can relate to it, great.

You are so often out of line. I just dont understand the motive behind acting like you cant read.

Thats just bad form. It does allow you to have a problem with everything people say around here. Its just unfair though.
Its worthless.

You're right, i am trying to upset people and it seems to work. I feel like a winner. Go internet!!! woo-hoo

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6389154 - 12/20/06 05:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

"Does anyone know if I go on another mushroom trip and just let it take me over (I know it'll happen on pretty much any amount) and just stay like that, would that be enough to make me realize that nothing bad will happen to me? SO when I smoke weed or do anything in the future it will be normal? Or is this just a recipe for disaster and make everything for me worse?"

I wouldnt go with that approach, your entering to get fucked up to become normal. I would just leave drugs for a few months, if you want to do it again, ease yourself in with low doses.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: DrugDude]
    #6389617 - 12/20/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrugDude said:
So.. This past saturday me and a few of my friends who had shroomed before decided to shroom. I, having never done it before was a bit nervous / skeptical regardless I ate the 1.5 grams of psilocybin.. and well....

On the come up i was nervous and anxious as i didn't know what to expect. My hands were sweating and such... This continued, as the trip started to kick in the more afraid i became.. My negative emotions like fear, and sadness were greatly intensified.I was slightly hallucinating but it was nothing that great. I felt as though I was cold, but not really I didn't know if I was cold or not and this bothered me throughout most of the trip. I began to feel trapped in time and eternity, the clock seemed to never move. At times i was overwhelmed with very bad feeling emotions. We stayed inside our dorm the whole time and it was freaking me out.. I tried hard to calm myself and slowly I came out of the trip after 3 - 4 hours and began to feel a little better and enjoy it. Then, my friends suggested I take a bong rip with kief on top.
So I did. I began to feel stoned and enjoy it however about 20 mins later I started to feel like I was having a bad trip again and felt the effects of the shrooms. The anxiety and sweaty palms kicked in again and I was paranoid and nervous as a result.. I started to see rainbow patterns on the walls and when i closed my eyes. I was seeing weird colors and things off in my peripheral vision and it wasn't that great nor was I enjoying it.. I ended up going to sleep feeling horrible, with chills and a headache. The next day my headache continued and to some extent i felt like the trauma from the bad trip was still with me. I had recurring feelings of anxiety and nausea. I smoked pot the next day and it brought me back almost, i began to feel anxious and had sweaty palms and did not really enjoy the high as I used to. Anyways, still now I am getting sweaty palms and anxiety 2 days after this horrible experience... I went to a doctor and explained to him and even told my parents because it worried me so much. I hope can I overcome this eventually and I hope i will be able to enjoy pot once again as I once did... Im curious to see if anyone can relate to this ? Is this normal or what? Will i ever be able to smoke pot , will the recurring anxiety and nausea in everyday life eventually subside overtime or is my mind permanently messed up?

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks and sorry for the long explanation.

You went through an "ego stretch" which pretty much happens to me each time. The ego does not always like to be softened or distorted, thus making the trip unpleasent. Once you accept it, you realize that you are are still there and you are more free to percieve things. After you go through this a few times, it does get a lot easier. Lot's of people talk about ego death. The ego does always return, however, even whe you take a real serious dose and it is completely lost.

You had a normal experience and it is always good to soften up the ego a little. Scary at first, but it will make you feel better in the long run. Just don't fight it...

OfflineDrugDude
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6389727 - 12/20/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

So.. I realize now it is not the bad trip that is causing the problems. Infact, I had been a daily pot smoker for about a year beforehand... The bad trip made me realize that I needed to quit pot. I was a different person before i started smoking it, i exercised, i was motivated and i enjoyed a lot more things in life... Now, the trip made me realize this. I haven't smoked pot since the day of the trip and I realize many of these anxiety, nausea, and sweating symptoms are infact due to my quitting pot cold turkey. I've read tons of other forums and websites this morning with people who have the exact same symptoms as I do from quitting pot.. Now I feel much more at rest, and i just have to wait out the withdrawal period and I will eventually be good again.. In retrospect I can thank shrooms for making me realize this, it has changed my life for the better and i'm thankful for that.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6389764 - 12/20/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

3 shrooms for you.
I'm glad that you have figured out what happened.
Try to keep the pot at a minimum, or dont smoke at all for atleast 3 months.

END :smile:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Offlinesirshroomo
Stranger
    #7797134 - 12/25/07 12:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I had a similiar result... my trip was awesome I never stopped having fun probably because I was around people I liked and was comfortable with. However a day later I felt awful. I couldn't tell if I was cold or hot, I had terrible stomach discomfort, plugged up breathing, my eyes were sore, and I had a terrible stomache. Most of my symtoms have gone away yet its been over 2 days and I still have a terrible headache. If anyone has advice I could use it.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: sirshroomo]
    #7797162 - 12/25/07 12:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Try to understand the physiology behind the experience, and prepare your body for it. If this seems vague, I apologize.

I treat it like I would a prescription drug. Research it, understand the possible contraindications, and make a concerted effort to prepare for the experience and subsequent recovery.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Loc: Under a rock.
    #7798264 - 12/25/07 01:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

what movie is this from?

--------------------

OfflineZeplike
Stranger
Male

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: Enhance_Shammy]
    #7798730 - 12/25/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

half baked

--------------------
For a while, we could sit, smoke a pipe
And discuss all the vast intricacies of life
We could jaw through the night
Talk about a range of subjects, anything you like
Oh yeah

But we always came back to the song
we were singing
At any particular time - Paul McCartney

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: Zeplike]
    #7798918 - 12/25/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Take time off from entheogens and learn how to stay aware amidst fear, learn meditation or pick up Eckhart Tolle's books.

You will then know fear is only a small part of you and wants to show itself to the light of your cosnciousness and release itself.

After you have a solid understanding, then you can come back to partaking in entheogens if it resonates. Its all about accepting all aspects of yourself through non judgement.

Edited by felix4life (12/25/07 05:46 PM)

Offlinepsychoanomaly
Ἓν rὸ πᾶν

#12265561 - 03/24/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

DrugDude said:
So.. This past saturday me and a few of my friends who had shroomed before decided to shroom. I, having never done it before was a bit nervous / skeptical regardless I ate the 1.5 grams of psilocybin.. and well....

On the come up i was nervous and anxious as i didn't know what to expect. My hands were sweating and such... This continued, as the trip started to kick in the more afraid i became.. My negative emotions like fear, and sadness were greatly intensified.I was slightly hallucinating but it was nothing that great. I felt as though I was cold, but not really I didn't  know if I was cold or not and this bothered me throughout most of the trip. I began to feel trapped in time and eternity, the clock seemed to never move. At times i was overwhelmed with very bad feeling emotions. We stayed inside our dorm the whole time and it was freaking me out.. I tried hard to calm myself and slowly I came out of the trip after 3 - 4 hours and began to feel a little better and enjoy it. Then, my friends suggested I take a bong rip with kief on top. 
So I did. I began to feel stoned and enjoy it however about 20 mins later I started to feel like I was having a bad trip again and felt the effects of the shrooms. The anxiety and sweaty palms kicked in again and I was paranoid and nervous as a result.. I started to see rainbow patterns on the walls and when i closed my eyes. I was seeing weird colors and things off in my peripheral vision and it wasn't that great nor was I enjoying it..  I ended up going to sleep feeling horrible, with chills and a headache. The next day my headache continued and to some extent i felt like the trauma from the bad trip was still with me. I had recurring feelings of anxiety and nausea. I smoked pot the next day and it brought me back almost, i began to feel anxious and had sweaty palms and did not really enjoy the high as I used to.  Anyways, still now I am getting sweaty palms and anxiety 2 days after this horrible experience... I went to a doctor and explained to him and even told my parents because it worried me so much. I hope can I overcome this eventually and I hope i will be able to enjoy pot once again as I once did... Im curious to see if anyone can relate to this ? Is this normal or what? Will i ever be able to smoke pot , will the recurring anxiety and nausea in everyday life eventually subside overtime or is my mind permanently messed up?

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks and sorry for the long explanation.

geh...

weed is almost ALWAYS a bad idea when tripping, at least for me.

sounds like you ate 'em in a purely recreational context  :nono: 

if you decide to give it another try, wait a while, and eat them with a close friend in a comfortable environment. be ready to LET GO of yourself. all of my bad trips stemmed from being in a mind-state that desired comfortability. psychedelics break down the minds organization.. resulting in a sensation of loosing control.

they should not be taken to have fun... not to say that you won't have fun, tripping is one of the most enjoyable things that i have ever experienced!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes.

Are we but a moment found?
Or a moment lost, a moment unbound?

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: psychoanomaly]
    #12265769 - 03/24/10 08:38 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Not sure if someone has mentioned this yet or not, but alcohol is a great way to transition into tripping, and I don't mean like 3 beers, I'm talking like 10 shots. If it'll give you the courage to pick a fight with a bouncer, it can do wonders for the pre-trip anxiety. Usually actually gets me excited to start completely losing my mind : )

OfflineFry
Interior Crocodile Alligator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: psychoanomaly]
    #12265902 - 03/24/10 09:00 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

psychoanomaly said:

they should not be taken to have fun... not to say that you won't have fun, tripping is one of the most enjoyable things that i have ever experienced!

Everyone uses Psychedelics in a different way. Who are we to judge him for trying to use them recreationally? Some people just aren't looking to attain enlightenment, and that's totally fine. It's a beautiful experience either way, and if it brings him joy, then it's positive.

--------------------
:peace::heartpump::shineon:

Offlinemaxzar100
Stranger
    #12266046 - 03/24/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

haha the power of mush

Offlinepsychoanomaly
Ἓν rὸ πᾶν

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: Fry]
    #12266057 - 03/24/10 09:21 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Fry said:
Quote:

psychoanomaly said:

Everyone uses Psychedelics in a different way. Who are we to judge him for trying to use them recreationally? Some people just aren't looking to attain enlightenment, and that's totally fine. It's a beautiful experience either way, and if it brings him joy, then it's positive.

I don't disagree, I mean, do what you want, but...

I've found that psychedelics aren't the best for pure recreation. Opiates, alcohol, amps, MDMA... those are almost always guaranteed to produce a good time, assuming you're intelligent about it.

Psychedelics can be very unpredictable.

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes.

Are we but a moment found?
Or a moment lost, a moment unbound?

Edited by psychoanomaly (03/24/10 09:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies