Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWronguy
Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest
    #6261229 - 11/08/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

http://monroe.xtn.net/index.php?table=news&template=news.view.subscriber&newsid=134879

Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest

A Madisonville man landed a host of charges after Sweetwater Police allegedly found numerous drugs in his car in the Ingles parking lot Saturday.

Police charged Danny E. Lamm, 44, Gamble Road, with possession of a Schedule II drug (methamphetamine), possession of Schedule III and VI drugs along with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Officers Daniel Johnson and Kris King responded to Ingles where they located Lamm inside the store.

According to a report filed by Johnson, the suspect had a strong odor and told police he had been near a meth lab on Saturday but had not been cooking the drug.

The report said Lamm was attempting to buy an excessive amount of matches at the time he was found.

The officers detained Lamm and his female passenger and conducted a search of their car.

Officers found marijuana, two Hydrocodone pills, five Soma pills and a syringe with a clear liquid inside, rolling papers and a straw with residue under the driver's side floor mat.

According to the report, officers then found two small bags of meth in Lamm's shirt pocket.

The passenger was originally arrested as well because both denied owning the drugs, but Lamm later told authorities all the drugs were his and he was the only one charged.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Wronguy]
    #6261508 - 11/08/06 12:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wait, so the cause for the search was buying too many matches. I am going to stereotype here and guess that, like most people arrested on meth charges, they dont have the money to get a good lawyer. I'd think this would be an easy plea with a good lawyer though.

Its sad that buying too much of the wrong thing can now make you a suspicious person. In this case it payed off, but what about others? What about the people that arent criminals that have to deal with the ever increasing government and police presence in their personal lives just because something could be considered suspicious? Its sad, I cant go to walmart without my ID anymore...the list of things you get carded to buy is rediculus.

Offlinecratios
Stranger
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: dedjam]
    #6261685 - 11/08/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know man, I live in Arkansas and the meth problem here is really bad, it makes me sick when I think about all the people I've seen slowly die because of meth. In my opinion if it helps get rid of all the death labs, go for it. Also why would someone need a ton of matches anyways (I'm just guessing) it seems like he probably bought more than 5 or 6 boxes of matches. Any less than that doesn't seem suspicious.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6261708 - 11/08/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

haha

He was probably the shadiest looking guy ever, tweaked out of his head and reeking like chem's.. trying to act normal while a cop is in the store with him, while he buys an obscene amount of matches.  I could picture him glancing back at the cop every 3 seconds or so

:lol:

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6261722 - 11/08/06 01:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I was pretty pissed when I tried to buy super glue a while back at Wal-Mart and they carded me and told me I couldn't buy it because I wasn't 18. I was like WTF am I gonna do with super glue? it was a tiny tube too. It wasn't like I was gonna drink the stuff. I still don't get why anyone needs to be 18 to buy glue. Oh well not a problem any more. 21 in a week or so. Not much else to look forward to age wise after that :grin:

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: cratios]
    #6261768 - 11/08/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cratios said:
I don't know man, I live in Arkansas and the meth problem here is really bad, it makes me sick when I think about all the people I've seen slowly die because of meth. In my opinion if it helps get rid of all the death labs, go for it. Also why would someone need a ton of matches anyways (I'm just guessing) it seems like he probably bought more than 5 or 6 boxes of matches. Any less than that doesn't seem suspicious.

So because of a problem with meth you are all for less rights and more intrusion into the personal lives of the citizens?

You think meth is a problem there, come to where I live. Its everywhere. You cant go out in public without being able to point out OBVIOUS meth users. The answer isnt more legislation, it isnt more police presense and less rights, it isnt taking away personal freedoms, it isnt making everyone suspicious. It is education, it is the end of propaganda and the beginning of real information distribution, it is extending a hand for help instead of hand cuffs and jail.

Its sad that you are telling people its ok to give up our freedoms, its ok for the police to do what they want and not follow the law and the constitution...becacause meth is bad, and getting those meth heads in jail is alot more imporant than personal freedom to even so something so simple as buy matches.

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: cookeman]
    #6261784 - 11/08/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, when I worked at sam's club some people would go in and buy 10-20 boxes of 1000 matchbooks, along with gloves, trashbags, coffee filters...like nobody would guess what was going on.  I always enjoyed asking them what they do with so many matches, and always got some of the lamest excuses.  Was fun to make them paranoid :laugh:

I hate meth, it's one of the few drugs I wish the government was harder on.

--------------------
5 shroom me!

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6261792 - 11/08/06 01:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You don't know the whole story either, I'm sure it wasn't some wide eyed innocent guy looking to purchase some matches. He "reeked" like chems and told police it's because he was "near a meth lab earlier."

Sounds shady enough for a cop to say, "Hey, I'm gonna search your car, ok sir?"

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Boom]
    #6261834 - 11/08/06 01:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
You don't know the whole story either, I'm sure it wasn't some wide eyed innocent guy looking to purchase some matches. He "reeked" like chems and told police it's because he was "near a meth lab earlier."

Sounds shady enough for a cop to say, "Hey, I'm gonna search your car, ok sir?"

And if the guy said "sure go ahead and take a look" then its his own damn fault. But if the cop searched without permission, then its a violation of his rights.

Reasonable suspicion has been twisted and distored so bad, I wish our lawmakers would define things better so they wouldnt be left up to the interpretation of an uneducated (atleast in law) person with a gun and a badge.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Jorsher]
    #6261856 - 11/08/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jorsher said:
I hate meth, it's one of the few drugs I wish the government was harder on.

While I also hate meth, with a freakin passion...i disagree that the government should have more involvement. You argument is the same as the alcoholic's that's against the legalization of weed...the typical "my drug is better than yours"

I understand the perspective, but I also disagree that its the governments job to enforce what goes into a persons body.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6261970 - 11/08/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

dude a tweaker put a screwdriver through my friend cause my friend asked for a cigarette.
meth can do some fucked up shit to people. its no longer a matter of, "my drugs better than yours". would you want some fucker on pcp living nextdoor to you? ive seen tweakers act just as gnarly. when they get hooked, they get fuckin WHACK. not just the drug itself, but staying up for long periods of time makes u WHACK AS FCK.
the way people use it, it should be more cracked down on than heroin.

im against the abuse, im just not for their form of punishment.

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Boom]
    #6262051 - 11/08/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

He was probably the shadiest looking guy ever, tweaked out of his head and reeking like chem's.. trying to act normal while a cop is in the store with him, while he buys an obscene amount of matches. I could picture him glancing back at the cop every 3 seconds or so

:yesnod:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    #6262083 - 11/08/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
I also disagree that its the governments job to enforce what goes into a persons body.

Definitely. It is after all, a free country. IF you aren't hurting anyone, what goes into your own body should be at your discretion.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: cratios]
    #6262849 - 11/08/06 06:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I live in Arkansas and the meth problem here is really bad, it makes me sick when I think about all the people I've seen slowly die because of meth.

What do you care? It's their life to live or destroy as they see fit.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Diploid]
    #6263011 - 11/08/06 07:23 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if constantly buying out local stores butane supplies to make oil is a good idea...

Offlinedrugsaregoodmmk
Stranger
Male
    #6263689 - 11/08/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

our you saying our law makers are dumb and suck at their job!!!?because that is not the case, they know exactly what they are doing.

--------------------
"Guess who's back in the mutha fuckin house with a fat dick for ya mutha fuckin mouth"- Snoop Dogg

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #6264215 - 11/09/06 04:35 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Officers found marijuana, two Hydrocodone pills, five Soma pills and a syringe with a clear liquid inside, rolling papers and a straw with residue under the driver's side floor mat.

What the hell are soma pills? Is Huxleys Brave New World becoming a reality?

Also, it's so retarded how ROLLING PAPERS are considered 'evidence' in the US. I guess its cause most people smoke pre-rolled tobacco over there so papers are more likely for non-tobacco products. Over here people roll their own tobacco so its not suss...but still, papers can be used for a lot of things, they shouldn't be considered evidence.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6264233 - 11/09/06 04:55 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dude a tweaker put a screwdriver through my friend cause my friend asked for a cigarette.
meth can do some fucked up shit to people. its no longer a matter of, "my drugs better than yours". would you want some fucker on pcp living nextdoor to you? ive seen tweakers act just as gnarly. when they get hooked, they get fuckin WHACK. not just the drug itself, but staying up for long periods of time makes u WHACK AS FCK.

This is a prime example of "my drug is better than yours". So a tweaker put a screwderiver through a friend... I have seen drunks do much worse. I have also seen tweakers that had no problem with meth, just as I have seen drunks that had no problems with alcohol. You example using PCP shows that you have been misled by the antidrug propaganda. Congrats! They have brainwashed you to the point that you don't even realize that you are part of the antidrug movement!

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: zee_werp]
    #6264464 - 11/09/06 07:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zee_werp said:
Quote:

Wronguy said:

What the hell are soma pills? Is Huxleys Brave New World becoming a reality?

Um, Soma is a narcotic muscle relaxer.

However, due to the person only having two hydrocodones and five somas, I believe this is probably just regular prescription use. This amount of these pills would not get you all fucked up the way a larger amount would.

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Buying Too Many Matches Leads To Meth Arrest [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #6264753 - 11/09/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

soma is carisoprodol

a muscle relaxer

non-narcotic....schedule IV

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order