Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

What if I don't wanna trip all night?
    #6241631 - 11/02/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Do you ever find yourself wanting to trip on mush but maybe you have shit to do tomorrow or aren't up for an all nighter just a few hours of fun? Anyone know of a way to make your mushroom trip only last a couple hours? Or how to kill the buzz after you've passed the peak?

I'm always left at the ends of my trips so confused and fuzzy just wanting to pass out but still to wound up.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: musher_420]
    #6241642 - 11/02/06 10:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Wait until you have time to trip so you wont be so concerned about its natural effects?

Good lord.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: yageman]
    #6241661 - 11/02/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

if i take mushrooms at 8 oclock i can sleep relatively easily by 2am. if u take them at 6 or 7 you will easily get to bed at a good hour, if that doesnt suffice than as yageman said, do them when you have five to six hours at ur disposal

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlinelogischerfreund
Stranger
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: LedHead]
    #6241701 - 11/02/06 10:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

don't trip with the intention of having a few hours of fun.

--------------------
Every war is a civil war.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: yageman]
    #6241729 - 11/02/06 10:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Wait until you have time to trip so you wont be so concerned about its natural effects?

Good lord.

It's not so much a timing issue. My main problem isn't there. My problem is that after a couple hours I pass the peak of my trip and the rest of the trip can become no longer enjoyable. My last trip was amazing I felt such a powerful positive change in my life. But then as time went on and the effects wore off I got confused and very very depressed. I didn't enjoy this. I would rather just have a short intense trip then have a sleep and when I wake up I can reflect in a fully rested mindset.

Forget it I guess. I'll just experiment with lemon juice, vitamin C, tea and sleeping pills.

--------------------

Edited by musher_420 (11/02/06 10:35 PM)

OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
    #6241801 - 11/02/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

There is a solution.

Powder your mushrooms and ingest them. The increased surface area of the powder vs. chunks will increase the absorbtion rate, and it will kickin in faster/more intense. The duration will be shorter than non-powdered. Hope this helps.

AKSE

Edited by AKSE (11/02/06 10:52 PM)

OfflineCantiSama

#6241811 - 11/02/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

it is called responsible use. practice it.

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: AKSE]
    #6241864 - 11/02/06 11:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:36 AM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: StickyWater]
    #6242530 - 11/03/06 06:42 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You know, there has only been one or two times that I've had a 'bad' mushroom come down out lord knows how many trips. Typically, I enjoy my comedowns.

But, the one time I had a 'rough' comedown, fuck - did it suck. I swore if I had had a passport on me I would of taken a taxi to the airport and got on the next flight to India and said 'fuck you' to this life. I then spent the next few hours laying on my bed just wanting to die. It was the coldest, harshest, most lonliest depression -- I felt so alone it actually hurt.

That being said, all in all - I also viewed it as a valuable part of my trip, and it gave me some things to reflect on about my life.

But generally speaking, my comedowns are just fine and I have no complaints, simply plan your trips better so you dont have anything to do that you need to worry about.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: kaniz]
    #6242594 - 11/03/06 07:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Comedowns are all part of the trip. You shouldnt cut and run in the middle. If you cant handle the whole trip, then you cant handle any of it.

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: dedjam]
    #6242605 - 11/03/06 07:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, part of shrooms is having to go to work the next day feeling like shit sometimes.

Also, a more important part of it is giving yourself up to the ancient sacred mushroom, and not trying to control its effects to give yourself a 'few hours of fun...'

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: dedjam]
    #6242606 - 11/03/06 07:45 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If you dont wana trip all night dont take shrooms, simple. If you know that you have something important to do the next day you can end up in hell.

Just from personal expereinces, a buddy of mine had to take a driving test on wed, we tripped tuesday night. The guy ended up goin thru hell, his facial expression alone was scary as shit, ontop of that he kept asking me what time it was? What time is it? What time is it? What time is it? Without taking a break!!!! He just couldnt stop or controll it....like those nasty hick-up you get.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: TMshroom]
    #6244105 - 11/03/06 03:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

IME the landing of the trip is the feeling that is going to be impressed on to you in it's wake. Your trip gets summarized at the end and your stamped with either: "progressed", "stagnated", or "degressed" depending on how you manage your peak and comedown.

If you say "All right, I quit!" ... how do you think that will play out with your experience?

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Offlinelakeglim
Stranger
    #6244454 - 11/03/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

To make the Mushroom trip faster:

1) Fast for 18-24 hours prior.
2) Powder the shrooms and consume them with OJ or Tea.
3) Eat as little as possible during the trip. This may be difficult as you may get very hungry.

This may speed up but intensify the trip, so you may want to lower the dosage a tad.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: lakeglim]
    #6244680 - 11/03/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

you could eat something sweet which helps metabolize the chemical quicker or take some valium which is known to decrease visuals(not a whole lot) and put you in a relaxing state which might help you sleep

--------------------

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6245855 - 11/04/06 02:33 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well Id have to agree with everyone else about if you dont want the whole thing you should get any..
However if you are dead set on this than
I have no roght to prevent you from doin so..
So just get some seroquel 100's.
Just tell your doc u have trouble sleepin and youre friend gave you some seroquel 150's and they worked well.
200mg's of seroquel could affectively abort most aspects of a psychadelic trip..
It works by blockin the 5ht2 receptors n dopamine n seratonin receptors too.
Im not quite sure about all of this cause I just read about this last night n it seems to me it would work..
I might test it out cause this might be a good thing for people with bad trips that i cant talk down

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6246213 - 11/04/06 07:16 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i would suggest just eating something on the comedown, ime it gives u a feel of soberity straight away, and is usually enough to let you fall asleep, i wouldn'T mess with more drugs just because you can't handle the comedown though, instead maybe reflect what it is that's getting you down during your comedown...

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #6246281 - 11/04/06 08:05 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
Yeah, part of shrooms is having to go to work the next day feeling like shit sometimes.

Its like that with most psychedelics.

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: Limerick]
    #6247046 - 11/04/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

don't.....I try to never waste the wonderful pieces if the setting, emtionally and physically is not feeling good....listen to your heart!

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#6248626 - 11/04/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musher_420 said:
Do you ever find yourself wanting to trip on mush but maybe you have shit to do tomorrow or aren't up for an all nighter just a few hours of fun?  Anyone know of a way to make your mushroom trip only last a couple hours?  Or how to kill the buzz after you've passed the peak?

I'm always left at the ends of my trips so confused and fuzzy just wanting to pass out but still to wound up.

Reading everyones replies and reflecting on this post under a new light has really given me some new insights into my relationship with psychedelics.  It makes no sense to quit at the end of your trip.  Your cheating yourself from gaining anything at all and ultimately abusing the wonder.

It turns out you CAN make your trips significantly shorter.  I wouldn't advise you do it to for scheduling reasons but rather to avoid overly stressing your mind.
Tonight I took an 1/8th and made tea my recipe went as follows.

Boil a cup of water.
Grind a couple vitamin C tabs and dissolve them into the water.
Add a tea bag
Add LOADS of honey. yum. the idea that the sugar will make you metabolize the mush quicker.
Powder the eighth and mix it in to the tea allow it to sit for several minutes then filter out the mushroom material.  I would normally just down this but tonight I really wanted to make something that would be very enjoyable.

And it was.  With all that honey it tasted great.  I reached full effect in about 30 minutes.  It lasted about three hours and now has quickly died down.  I feel good about the situation.  And the experience was enough to teach me a little fucking respect :wink:

I'm gonna go hit the bong a couple times, munch and pass out awesome night :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineNSUCK
Psycher
Loc: Northern Cali
    #6251951 - 11/05/06 11:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I usually do the Valium trick. After siting and thinking for 2~ hours w/ no visuals. I just wanna sleep.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6252500 - 11/06/06 05:11 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The trip isn't over when the effects are declining.
The trip is over when you are back on the ground again.

In the decline you are integrating your trip into your life, which is a very important phase. How you come back into your everyday consciousness is very important, imagine it being incomplete.

What you described is how a bad trip struck when you were on the decline. If you get a bad trip, the mushroom still is quite potent. Deal with bad trips by facing, not escaping them.

People who get adverse aftereffects from psychedelics almost always got them by a bad reshuffle of their personality and values in the decline of their trip.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: Asante]
    #6256014 - 11/07/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey I don't know if you read my earlier response or not, but I recomend you do.
It is on the first page.
I saw you mention some sleepin pills.
Read mine n try and get a script for some seroquel.
It is an antipsychotic in higher doaes. so about 200mg's should cut your trip off in about an houre after ingestion..

I havent tried it, but from what I read it should be just what you are lookin for.
And for those who say if you dont want the whole trip don't bother.
You know I personalyly agree, but I mean who are we to tellt his guy how to trip.
If he thinks the trip will be more beneficial this way.
Let him try it and then decide..
Peace Love & LSD:)

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6256143 - 11/07/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

AMBIEN. but heres the thing...you can fall asleep easily, but you wont want to.it turns up the visuals and turns down the mental trip. Many years ago i was tripping and my thoughts turned sour toward the end. i took an ambien to fall asleep... what it actually did was alleviate the bad racy thoughts and i was also getting more visuals than at the peak of the trip. i ended up staying up for a while, smoked and watched the world map on my ceiling moving around like crazy.

so a sleeping aide might help...TAKE ONLY THE RECOMMENDED DOSE

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: danlennon3]
    #6268625 - 11/10/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Do you guys take the whole 200mg of serequol? I took 1/2 of a 200 and It was VERY strong/intense, I can't imagine how you can eat a whole one.

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? *DELETED* [Re: musher_420]
    #6268684 - 11/10/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinenotdave
Stranger
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #6275193 - 11/12/06 12:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I totally agree with wiccan_seeker. I've tried terminating trips when they've gone "bad" I tried twice, and failed twice. Once using valium and once using some other benzo.

Next time I felt that things could possibly go in an uncomfortable direction, I latched onto the thought, went into the loop (bad!) and realised it was the looping with no resolution was what was making me feel bad. So i visualised the loop, grabbed hold of the thought and forced it to slow down. I looked at it and resolved the deep personal issue that was causing the bad loop. I did it by thinking it through. Slowly. Slow rhythmic breathing helps.

Since then i've never had a bad trip, even when i've been preoccupied about something that wasn't quite right before ingesting, i learnt to control the loop, seal it off in its own compartment to be resolved later, if i dont want to do it in the middle of my trip.

As to valium: its the only thing that's ever made me feel suicidal! Seriously, I wasn't right for a week after that shit!
Hope it helps.

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: notdave]
    #6275243 - 11/12/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Running away from bad trips IMO is one of the worst things you can do.. Ive embraced so many trips wether good or bad, that i havent had a bad trip as a result in i dont even know how long..

Offlinekcobra15
Bodhisattva
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: LordSenate]
    #6275304 - 11/12/06 12:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I often take xanax while tripping. I usually take 1mg or so right when i eat the mushrooms. It never even comes close to terminating the trip. It just seems to remove that axiety edge you can get while coming up and it gives the trip a more dreamy quality to it. I also like to use it for comedowns, but it never seems to end the trip, it only makes me tired. I don't think it is actually possible for a benzo to end a trip because it works on a completely different nuerotransmitter than tryptamines do(benzo= GABBA, tryptamine= serotonin). I think an antipsychotic is you best bet to end a trip. They seem to be much harder to get ahold of though.

--------------------
Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Offlinetripballs000
What Do You WantTo Call Me
Male

Loc: south california
Re: What if I don't wanna trip all night? [Re: kcobra15]
    #6275523 - 11/12/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i had a very bad trip last night and this happened to me... after all the scary stuff, i layed on the floor waiting to fall asleep but nothing happened, i was up untl 5 am just staring at the clock hopeing i would fall asleep...

--------------------
:mushroom2:-blaze forever-happy shrooming-live life-:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies